Help....Walker vs Randy????

Lou-Ann

DIS Veteran
I need to reserve today or tomorrow anecv for next week. I have read what is here but have not heard much comparison between these two companies. Does either have a better battery? More power andlonger hold? I saw where Randy's did not make it through Epcot.....How about Walker? Walker is more $$ but if more dependable it could be worth it. Please answer asap. Thanks so much guys.... :grouphug:

This can be a long discussion.

First of all, all the rental companies use ECVs that are designed for a battery life of about 25 miles on a full charge with someone at the rated weight capacity on the ECV. The batteries are similar to car batteries, except they use a gel instead of a liquid and are spillproof. Car batteries, even new ones, can go bad even when they are fairly new.

In my personal experience I had sometimes had rentals that I would leave in the trunk of the car overnight and would have no problem getting two day's use on one charge. Since I have had my own ECV I had one of the batteries (which were new with the ECV) go bad after less than a year.

Therefore, the answer to your nervous question is that it does not matter who you rent from as far as reliability.

As to the other part of your question. Yes, Walker is more expensive that Randy but I am not aware of the exact price difference.

The key point, other than price, is that Walker will drop off your ECV at Bell Services before your arrival and pick it up after you have left. Randy's will want to deliver it to you and pick it up in person.

The advantage to Randy is if you are not familiar with ECVs the person delivering can teach you both how it works and how to disassemble or assemble it if you need to break it down.

The advantage to Walker is if you are arriving at night it will be there for you, especially if you are heading to a park first thing in the morning. Similarly, for departure you can be using the ECV until the time you actually leave, and then turn it in to Bell Services and it will get picked up.

Now you can get out your coin and flip it.

I think the person who had a Randy's ecv that didn't make it thru Epcot probably had one that was in need of repair or had some other problem (like maybe not being fully charged). We have not had any complaints about any particular company's ecvs not being reliable, so I wouldn't worry whichever you choose.
The reason for Randy's being less expensive sounds like it's for a couple of reasons; one is that they require you to be there for pick up and delivery. Some people like that because it gives a chance to ask questions/get a demonstration. An advantage of that for Randy's is that they probably have lower insurance or loses because they are handing it directly to someone.
Some people prefer to have their ecv waiting for them when they arrive; if you do, then choose Walker or Care.

SueM in MN said:
I think the person who had a Randy's ecv that didn't make it thru Epcot probably had one that was in need of repair or had some other problem (like maybe not being fully charged). We have not had any complaints about any particular company's ecvs not being reliable, so I wouldn't worry whichever you choose.
The reason for Randy's being less expensive sounds like it's for a couple of reasons; one is that they require you to be there for pick up and delivery. Some people like that because it gives a chance to ask questions/get a demonstration. An advantage of that for Randy's is that they probably have lower insurance or loses because they are handing it directly to someone.
Some people prefer to have their ecv waiting for them when they arrive; if you do, then choose Walker or Care.

I was one that rented through Randys that didn't make it through Epcot. It was fully charged. In fact, we went back to the resort in the afternoon and recharged it again and it lost the charge that night, so therefore, the battery probably had some problems. Randy was very good and I honestly would have no problem renting from him again. The lessons are good for those of us who have never used one of the scooters before.

Have used Walker on numerous occasions and never been disappointed. It's always there when we check in. In all the times we've been, only once had a machine that acted a bit funny. We called from the cell phone on a bench near the carosel in MK and they arrived in just a few minutes with a replacement. Very professional, very polite and the transaction was flawless. I've never used another company so I can't compare them to the others.

I can't compare the two because I've only used Walker. I can just say that I've been very pleased with Walker's service and absolutely love that the ECV is waiting for use when we arrive and that we just leave it with the front desk when we leave. No fuss, no muss :moped: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter