Hawaii and California resorts not selectable when modifying?

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
When I use the modify function for my current reservation, I can't select AUL, VGC, or VDH. (I'm not trying to book them, I just noted it was strange). This is a reservation 6 months out.
1711468048482.png
Anybody else have that? Is there a known reason for it?

Its the same way for me, I assume to prevent people from booking on the other coast by accident?

Yes, it's intentional. If you have a WDW reservation and want to modify to one of the other resorts, you have to call MS. Or you could cancel your WDW reservation and then make a new booking for the other, with the understanding that if it's not available you could end up with no reservation at all.

So it's like an idiot check? So somebody doesn't change from...say the Polynesian to Aulani and then drive to WDW wondering why they can't find the Aulani WDW resort?
LOL, I can’t even begin to speculate on DVC’s reasoning on that programming, but having read posts here for 20+ years and hearing from DH about posts on FB, I wouldn’t be surprised if you got it! :crazy:

LOL, I can’t even begin to speculate on DVC’s reasoning on that programming, but having read posts here for 20+ years and hearing from DH about posts on FB, I wouldn’t be surprised if you got it! :crazy:
You gotta figure somebody's done it haha! :teeth:

some previous chatter on the forums was that this started during covid and was potentially related to the states' differing restrictions, but IDK.

Yes, it's intentional. If you have a WDW reservation and want to modify to one of the other resorts, you have to call MS. Or you could cancel your WDW reservation and then make a new booking for the other, with the understanding that if it's not available you could end up with no reservation at all.
Ah, the ol' Austria vs. Australia argument, eh?

I believe they do tend to think we all are idiots so yes, that's probably it. :rolleyes2
I have seen very smart people do very not smart things and then try to blame someone else or the “systems” to get it changed after the fact.

Disney people seem to excel at this….

Please see the posts in the VDH threads about people who are SHOCKED about the transient tax and shouldn’t be expected to read the bright red disclosures at the planning or booking stage….

I have seen very smart people do very not smart things and then try to blame someone else or the “systems” to get it changed after the fact.

Disney people seem to excel at this….

Please see the posts in the VDH threads about people who are SHOCKED about the transient tax and shouldn’t be expected to read the bright red disclosures at the planning or booking stage….
:laughing: Nice defending of Disney but this goes further back and much more direct from Disney executives.

:laughing: Nice defending of Disney but this goes further back and much more direct from Disney executives.
I’m not trying to defend Disney…. I’m just thinking of my experience in the corporate world and then trying to relate it back to an example from the DISBoards….

Disney executives do plenty of things that seem completely illogical to me until I remind myself that most people are just trying to maximize the quarterly or annual bonus and aren’t worried about the long term implications because that don’t think they will be around to have to deal with them…

I'm not sure why anyone expects to be able to modify a WDW reservation to AUL or DLR in the first place. They are completely different locales. Typical vacation planning is to a specific location, not to "anywhere." In regards to HHI and VB, with the amount of people driving down to WDW from northern and midwest areas, it is at least plausible for someone to want to switch to one of those resorts.

I'm not sure why anyone expects to be able to modify a WDW reservation to AUL or DLR in the first place. They are completely different locales. Typical vacation planning is to a specific location, not to "anywhere." In regards to HHI and VB, with the amount of people driving down to WDW from northern and midwest areas, it is at least plausible for someone to want to switch to one of those resorts.
Of course there are situations. Not everyone is tied to specific locations. I live in the western US and have wanted to switch once or twice. It often comes up with my family. Not saying it's common but it can happen.

I don't disagree with you and acknowledge that it can happen. It's very very uncommon.
I have no objections to the current system not allowing said modifications.

DW and I are not typical, we're like the "James T. Kirk's" of vacation planners. :p

Leonard McCoy: Go? Where are we going?
James T. Kirk: Where they went.
McCoy: Suppose they went nowhere?
Kirk: Then this'll be your big chance to get away from it all.

Of course there are situations. Not everyone is tied to specific locations. I live in the western US and have wanted to switch once or twice. It often comes up with my family. Not saying it's common but it can happen.
I'm one here. We did it once for April break last year - booked a "backup" WDW vacation and then looked at whether we could actually go to DL or Hawaii - we went to Aulani + other Hawaii. But back then we had enough unbooked points that I could make a reservation before canceling the WDW one. This upcoming trip, we don't have enough points to do that, so I guess I'll be calling at the 7 month window. Which is a bummer because I'll be 1 hour behind everyone else booking with their points, right? :(

I'm one here. We did it once for April break last year - booked a "backup" WDW vacation and then looked at whether we could actually go to DL or Hawaii - we went to Aulani + other Hawaii. But back then we had enough unbooked points that I could make a reservation before canceling the WDW one. This upcoming trip, we don't have enough points to do that, so I guess I'll be calling at the 7 month window. Which is a bummer because I'll be 1 hour behind everyone else booking with their points, right? :(
Yes, other will have the 1 hour advantage because they can change. If you had enough extra points to book one night perhaps that would help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter