Haven't been at the Fort in awhile...

5kidsmommy

DIS Veteran
Last week my husband and I were planning out the rest of our warm weather camping trips. Unfortunately due to his busy work schedule we just didn't plan in advance like we should have. So we were left without a local campground to go to in October. We solved that by booking a trip at the Fort. I was looking through prior photos and realized we haven't camped at the Fort since February 2017! :oops:

This will be our first trip there without kids since they are grown. We've been to Disney several times but have been trying out various other resorts.

Anyhow our trip is going to be more experience and show based, than ride based. I was looking at the segway tour which my husband thinks would be fun. We plan on exploring also since it's been awhile and it will be totally different not having teens to entertain. We are also bringing our bikes. Anything else we should check out?

Don't limit yourself to the Segway Tour at the Fort. Consider other tours, late shows (Yehaa Bob's 2nd at POR), any of the MK tours (Keys, Marceline, Steam Trains), or working your way inside Trader Sam's for an expensive, close together evening (I always get a souvenir mug). TS is usually a fun crowd.

How 'bout a monorail crawl among the MK resorts? Might hit the ol' pocketbook but could be fun.

Sleep in during the mornings, ride bikes during the day, take naps in the afternoon, post pics/story on the DIS, then stay out late to have a good ol' fashioned time.

@tigger92662 says you only live once .... :rolleyes1

Bama Ed

PS - you can always embellish the stories that you end up telling your children. They would never be the wiser for it ....

Don't limit yourself to the Segway Tour at the Fort. Consider other tours, late shows (Yehaa Bob's 2nd at POR), any of the MK tours (Keys, Marceline, Steam Trains), or working your way inside Trader Sam's for an expensive, close together evening (I always get a souvenir mug). TS is usually a fun crowd.

How 'bout a monorail crawl among the MK resorts? Might hit the ol' pocketbook but could be fun.

Sleep in during the mornings, ride bikes during the day, take naps in the afternoon, post pics/story on the DIS, then stay out late to have a good ol' fashioned time.

@tigger92662 says you only live once .... :rolleyes1

Bama Ed

PS - you can always embellish the stories that you end up telling your children. They would never be the wiser for it ....
I just read him this and now he's all excited about a monorail bar crawl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter