Has anyone heard anything about upcoming room only discounts for early November 2024?

So if we have a package with hoppers already in December, can we get the hopper discount applied to our tickets?

Also, is that either/or - either you get room discount or you get hopper discount, or both?

Also, what time do we log on for discounts? 6am Florida time?

edited to change my post.

You’ll probably have to change to this package offer. Double check that the total price is what better than you already have. If prices have increased since you booked… you have to pay the new price for all components of your package. Sounds like it’s a package with both. Release times can vary, sometimes it’s been even before 6 am.

Last edited:
Just double-checking here. You have to call? There's no way to do this online short of booking the new one and then canceling the reservation you already made?
That's been my experience. These days I do just try to book a new res with the discounts and then cancel my previous one. Anything to avoid the call. It was more important to call when I was an AP and had my park reservations secured. I didn't want to have to redo those as well. Now days, since I let my AP lapse, I just go the new res/cancel old res route online.

Ah! Thank you. We booked it online--a room-only reservation--so I'll see what we can do on Thursday. And will report back.
I have the same. Usually it will give you a choice of changing when you bring up your existing reservation. No guarantee that the same resort will have a discount, but if it does you should be able to change it online.

If not, rebook, then cancel your existing. They will credit back your deposit within a couple of days, or if they new resort you're booking is more expensive, they'll charge you for the difference.

I have the same. Usually it will give you a choice of changing when you bring up your existing reservation. No guarantee that the same resort will have a discount, but if it does you should be able to change it online.

If not, rebook, then cancel your existing. They will credit back your deposit within a couple of days, or if they new resort you're booking is more expensive, they'll charge you for the difference.
Thank you!

edited to change my post.

You’ll probably have to change to this package offer. Double check that the total price is what better than you already have. If prices have increased since you booked… you have to pay the new price for all components of your package. Sounds like it’s a package with both. Release times can vary, sometimes it’s been even before 6 am.

I just pretend booked our exact dates again with hoppers like we have now and price did go up by $129 total. But if we can get a room discount plus free hoppers if I try to book new reservation when discounts come out, I think it will save us money!

Fingers crossed our hotel and room type have discounts available! I'm not holding out much hope. 😂

So disappointed, I need a discount for October 4-6 and of course those are the 2 dates in between the promotion dates. I’m not sure I can stomach a $800 rack rate at the Yacht club so may need to consider a split stay at the Dolphin. I have a 30% discount October 1-3. So annoyed as I already had to rearrange this trip from Halloween to early October when the MNSSHP sold out in record time.

I haven't been able to find any details about the nature of the discounts to be released on Thursday. Does anyone know if these will be room only discounts in October or if packages with tickets will be required? Thanks!

I haven't been able to find any details about the nature of the discounts to be released on Thursday. Does anyone know if these will be room only discounts in October or if packages with tickets will be required? Thanks!

I believe this is all we know at the moment:

To make it all even sweeter, starting on June 27 you can save up to 30% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights from Nov. 24 to Dec. 25, plus other savings for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights between Oct. 6 to Nov. 21. You can also get a free Park Hopper option added to your tickets when you upgrade to a Walt Disney Travel Company package that includes a non-discounted 4-day or longer date-based ticket.

https://disneyparksblog.com/wdw/5-new-and-returning-holiday-offerings-coming-to-walt-disney-world/

I believe this is all we know at the moment:

To make it all even sweeter, starting on June 27 you can save up to 30% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights from Nov. 24 to Dec. 25, plus other savings for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights between Oct. 6 to Nov. 21. You can also get a free Park Hopper option added to your tickets when you upgrade to a Walt Disney Travel Company package that includes a non-discounted 4-day or longer date-based ticket.

https://disneyparksblog.com/wdw/5-new-and-returning-holiday-offerings-coming-to-walt-disney-world/
Thank you.

Maybe only time will tell, but....

Despite the use of the word "also" in the teaser, I wonder if these two discounts will really be combinable. It suggests that to get the Park Hopper upgrade, the tickets must be bought in a WDTC "package" -- packages by definition include room and tickets. And if you choose a "package" discount, you usually can't avail yourself of a "room-only" discount for the room you have in your package. You either get the room-only discount or the package discount, and they can't be combined. I hope that's not the case, because I think this is a lame promotion even with both discounts, but I'm preparing for the worst and trying to decide which I would choose if we can't use both. Any thoughts? I hope to be proven wrong about this.

Despite the use of the word "also" in the teaser, I wonder if these two discounts will really be combinable. It suggests that to get the Park Hopper upgrade, the tickets must be bought in a WDTC "package" -- packages by definition include room and tickets. And if you choose a "package" discount, you usually can't avail yourself of a "room-only" discount for the room you have in your package. You either get the room-only discount or the package discount, and they can't be combined. I hope that's not the case, because I think this is a lame promotion even with both discounts, but I'm preparing for the worst and trying to decide which I would choose if we can't use both. Any thoughts? I hope to be proven wrong about this.
I mean, once you use a discount, it’s no longer a “non-discounted rate” for the free hoppers…right?!

This is how I read it…. There is a room discount. If you book it as a package (which you can do…only the room portion is discounted) instead of as a room only reservation & add base tickets, they will give you the hopper option for free. I could be wrong, but that’s what it sounds like to me.

And FYI, you don’t have to add tickets to book a package.

This is how I read it…. There is a room discount. If you book it as a package (which you can do…only the room portion is discounted) instead of as a room only reservation & add base tickets, they will give you the hopper option for free. I could be wrong, but that’s what it sounds like to me.

And FYI, you don’t have to add tickets to book a package.
Sorry for more questions!

So if attempt to book a new package using new offered room discount and add tickets with hoppers, I'd get both discounts?

Or just one or the other?

Offer just says non discounted date based tickets, technically a room discount shouldn't matter?

Sorry for more questions!

So if attempt to book a new package using new offered room discount and add tickets with hoppers, I'd get both discounts?

Or just one or the other?

Offer just says non discounted date based tickets, technically a room discount shouldn't matter?

Yes, it sounds to me like you’d get both. As you said, what is released so far only says non discounted tickets, it doesn’t say anything about the room. With something like free dining, it specifies you have to book a non discounted room & add tickets with a certain number of days. This doesn’t seem to say that. Again, just my take on it.

Any experience or thoughts on whether these discounts will be available at 12 AM or will hold off releasing them until six or seven in the morning?
That's anyone guess. It could be at twelve midnight, 3:00 am EST, 4:00 am EST, 7:00 am EST, or even later.

Be ready for glitches with Disney's website. It will probably time out at some point tomorrow. You can also book Fall 2025 and Spring 2026 cruises tomorrow for Silver members of DCL. So no telling how all of this will affect their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest