Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Queen’s death certificate, she passed at 3:10pm. Prince William‘s group arrived at Balmoral around 5:00pm. So even if Harry had gone with William, he would not have arrived before the Queen passed away. I am sure everyone who arrived after the fact wished they could have been there to say goodbye, but things don’t always work out that way. I am sure that was a chaotic day for the entire family, and I doubt they were all focused on how they could make Harry feel bad.
You are right, but somehow it is Harry (and for that matter, Meghan) who are the wronged party. Always

I did not watch the Netflix show or read his book. I hear bits and pieces on the news, here, etc. I did watch Anderson Cooper last night for a few minutes. I see he has an interview also on Good Morning America with Michael Strahan. I can't watch him for too long. Hard to comprehend what he is doing. Is it all about money? Is someone edging him on.........his wife? I can't listen to her - she seems like such a phony to me. Just my opinion, I think she wants/wanted to be Diana #2 - it was never going to happen. To me, they have no class stabbing people. Who wants to be their friends.......beware.

He is digging his hole deeper and deeper - I see him having a nervous breakdown soon. We might not know about it and drugs will start again - he has done it in the past to cope. I can't see him come back from all of this. I hope, maybe after 20 years of silence/never mention the Royal family again and apologize to his family, he can find some peace with them.
I wonder if he ever quit using drugs. That would explain his bizarre actions.

TC :cool1:

Can we have a giggle about this headline? (Metro)

Prince Harry thinks if he makes up with his family it could lead to world peace​

Harry: "I genuinely believe, and I hope, that reconciliation between my family and us will have a ripple effect across the entire world."

Last edited:
I dont think William is going to like this insinuation.

Harry is worried Charlotte and Louis & partners will be treated like him.

Prince Harry has expressed concern for the “young kids” within the Royal family, saying he hoped his efforts to reform the monarchy would help them.
The Duke of Sussex told US breakfast show Good Morning America that, if nothing changed, their future partners might be treated the same as Meghan.
The comment suggests his aim is to change the royal model for future “spares” such as Princess Charlotte, seven, and four-year-old Prince Louis.
Asked about the Royal family’s perceived “co-dependency” with the tabloid media, he said: “I worry about other young kids within that family if this continues.
“Because who’s to say that someone else doesn’t fill my shoes and that their partner, whether it’s a husband or a wife or boyfriend or a girlfriend, doesn’t get treated exactly the same as Meghan did?”

Last edited:
So, all 3 interviews were basically the same. Besides some discrepancies: What is left for Stephen Colbert?

The style of the Late Show is mainly fun and upbeat. How is he going to make this funny?

As Stephen has made jokes in the past how he thinks a monarchy is ridiculous, I hope he repeats the question: why don't you give up the titles?

Harry wasnt really comfortable with discussing his virginity with Tom. Would Stephen focus on his frostbitten todger?

I wonder if he ever quit using drugs. That would explain his bizarre actions.

TC :cool1:
He was quite frank about his heavy drinking, drug use, experimenting with the effects of psychedelic drugs.
What I did not hear was some firm clarity that all this is not a good direction for him. Nothing about rehab or beginning steps to sobriety.

Whoops, besides his family, the press, the military and the Taliban. Harry has now also insulted the beard-people.

From the Times which has a bearded columnist.

Hey, Harry, you’ve got ‘beard people’ all wrong

We don’t all use them as shields for our anxiety. Sometimes it’s pure vanity.

Until very recently, I managed to navigate the nonstop onslaught of Prince Harry’s self-generating publicity machine without feeling too personally affected. The fights with his brother? Yawn. The drugs? Snooze. The bit about him killing loads of people because the army had successfully trained him to dehumanis foreigners? Whatever.

However, I am afraid that the Rubicon has now been crossed. Prince Harry can say whatever he likes about anything he likes but, that said, I simply will not allow him to mischaracterise beard people.

[...]

However, according to the interview, Harry was allowed to keep his beard for the wedding, and this was for one simple reason. The beard, he said, acted as “a shield to my anxiety”. Expanding on the tract from Spare in which he muses (no, honestly) on whether his facial hair was “Freudian — beard as security blanket” or “Jungian — beard as mask”, he told Bradby: “I would feel very, very different without my beard, and that’s hard for people to understand who’ve never grown a beard, but hopefully those beard people out there will go, ‘Yeah, no, I fully get that, I can understand.’ ”

Harry, no. Many British men now sport facial hair — in 2016 YouGov estimated it to be 44 per cent of all adult men, a number likely to have risen in subsequent years if the Covid-inspired slump in razor sales is any indication — and to assume that every single one of them started growing a beard to camouflage their internalised anxiety is ridiculous. And I should know, since I happen to be a very proud beard person.

I have had a beard, to varying degrees, for about a decade now. My beard expands and contracts with the seasons. At Christmas it was long and luxuriant; last summer it was virtually non-existent and now it languishes somewhere in the middle. I have shaved it off completely over the years. It went for my wedding (out of choice, not because it made the Prince of Wales get his knickers in a twist). It went when my youngest son started compulsively yanking on it. Most recently — and my sincere apologies in advance — it went because I developed a cold and quickly remembered how grim it is to have to dredge snot from a moustache. But at no point did losing my beard hurl me into a full-blown identity crisis. This is because it’s just a beard. Beards grow back. That’s how beards work, Harry.

Nor was it first grown out of anxiety. I grew a beard — and I suspect this is true of most beard people — because I wanted to see if I could. It was simply an experiment that stuck. And it stuck because, as everyone knows, beards are the male equivalent to contouring. A beard can hide a litany of facial imperfections. Puffy cheeks. A weak jawline. Weight gain. Disappointing cheekbones. Three weeks of neglect and they’ll all be history. Plus, as I have learnt only too well recently, a beard is an important tool for stopping the world from noticing how incredibly bald you are becoming. And, judging by recent photos, that might be something that Prince Harry also understands.

Last edited:

Prince Harry thinks if he makes up with his family it could lead to world peace​

Harry: "I genuinely believe, and I hope, that reconciliation between my family and us will have a ripple effect across the entire world."
Maybe Mr. World Peace should allow his children to spend time with his dad, step-mom and meg's father as first step.

And you really have to be on your toes with his truth being let out..

When he talked about how no one saved a spot for him, or told him about the plane to Balmoral, I spent a couple of minutes being horrified for him. Truly sad. How that must have felt for him.

But then I remembered the Queen just passed away. At that time, everyone already knew about the Netflix deal, the book coming out & maybe even through the grapevine that Meghan & Harry has been taping moments for years at that point. Who could possibly trust them to be on a plane of grieving loved ones? No one could have had their personal privacy guaranteed in such an awful time.

But it seemed he had no understanding of that concept.

This really got to me -- that he expected to be welcome at the Queen's death bed. It was reported that he and MM were in Europe at the time on other business and had been invited to visit the living Queen, but declined. And then after all the turmoil they had caused, upsetting the Queen in her last days, to then expect to be there, while family is grieving, is just amazingly insensitive.

So to me, any discrepancies in time lines about planes departing, etc., are just irrelevant. The family had every right to put him off until later and that's probably what they did. For him to whine about it is just...unmanly. Like all the rest of the drivel.

from his interview with tom bradby-

"We're six years into it now and I have spent every single year of those six doing everything I can privately to get through to my family. And the thing that is the saddest about this, Tom, is it never needed to be this way. It never needed to get to this point," he said. "I've had conversations, I've written letters, I've written emails, and everything is just, no, you, this is not what's happening. You are imagining it.' And that's really hard to take."

"And if it had stopped by the point that I fled my home country with my wife and my son fearing for our lives, then maybe this would've turned out differently," he said.

even if doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is NOT insanity it could drive one towards it, and hyper focusing on real or perceived wrong doings from external forces for years on end vs. moving away and moving on is just unhealthy. i fear for the children being raised in this environment.
What I see is a family kinda doing the "tough love" avenue. They are not going to engage with his behavior, they aren't going to reward his behavior by having absurd conversations, I imagine their hope is if we say no he will stop and perhaps seek help to address his own issues. They have put up with his actions for decades, it must be tiring. He can word it however he wants but a constant barrage of attacking your family is not going to end in a positive way. I think at this point their only choice is to ignore him. He has spun himself such a world he might never break out of .. it's sad but at least he has the finances to support himself. They need to cut all ties, let him go, tough love.

The guy has done nothing but create a world wide spectacle of his disdain for his family & the monarchy. He is the complete opposite of peace. He starts a fire and then wants to be credited as a hero if he puts it out.

:scratchin :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin Now that he has spewed all this I have to wonder how it will impact his new Hollywood etc friends. Will he be seen as someone who will disclose their personal info to make a buck, who will twist and construe their interactions with him, someone who can't be trusted? Will they find their social circle shrinking because many of those folks try to be private in their lives ~ he clearly has no issue running his mouth and might no longer be a good fit. OR are they folks who had some tie to the monarchy and now don't want that severed by appearing to be in his pocket. Will be interesting to see what, if any, fallout he has outside the monarchy.

Last edited:
:scratchin :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin Now that he has spewed all this I have to wonder how it will impact his new Hollywood etc friends. Will he be seen as someone who will disclose their personal info to make a buck, who will twist and construe their interactions with him, someone who can't be trusted? Will they find their social circle shrinking because many of those folks try to be private in their lives ~ he clearly has no issue running his mouth and might no longer be a good fit. OR are they folks who had some tie to the monarchy and now don't want that severed by appearing to be in his pocket. Will be interesting to see what, if any, fallout he has outside the monarchy.
It was already happening before the Netflix show, it's been a long time since Oprah promoted Meghan's new coffee investment, they partied with the Clooneys in Italy or Meghan did Pilates with Adele.

I think it was telling that after the Netflix show no big names tweeted or send a public message of their approval and support.

They missed out on big social events like Obama's 60th birthday and the Peltz-Beckham wedding.

Famous people above H&M's level, big names like Beyoncé, Clooneys, Bloom, Adele, are probably on their guard. Famous people below their level, or those who need a boost might still suck up to them.

This doesn't necessarily have to be a big impact on their status, as they also have rich friends who aren't famous and want to help them by giving an award.

I dont think William is going to like this insinuation.

Harry is worried Charlotte and Louis & partners will be treated like him.

Prince Harry has expressed concern for the “young kids” within the Royal family, saying he hoped his efforts to reform the monarchy would help them.
The Duke of Sussex told US breakfast show Good Morning America that, if nothing changed, their future partners might be treated the same as Meghan.
The comment suggests his aim is to change the royal model for future “spares” such as Princess Charlotte, seven, and four-year-old Prince Louis.
Asked about the Royal family’s perceived “co-dependency” with the tabloid media, he said: “I worry about other young kids within that family if this continues.

“Because who’s to say that someone else doesn’t fill my shoes and that their partner, whether it’s a husband or a wife or boyfriend or a girlfriend, doesn’t get treated exactly the same as Meghan did?”
Involving the Wales children won’t end well. Leave them out of it. You’re not doing them any favors.

What I see is a family kinda doing the "tough love" avenue. They are not going to engage with his behavior, they aren't going to reward his behavior by having absurd conversations, I imagine their hope is if we say no he will stop and perhaps seek help to address his own issues. They have put up with his actions for decades, it must be tiring. He can word it however he wants but a constant barrage of attacking your family is not going to end in a positive way. I think at this point their only choice is to ignore him. He has spun himself such a world he might never break out of .. it's sad but at least he has the finances to support himself. They need to cut all ties, let him go, tough love.

The guy has done nothing but create a world wide spectacle of his disdain for his family & the monarchy. He is the complete opposite of peace. He starts a fire and then wants to be credited as a hero if he puts it out.

It was already happening before the Netflix show, it's been a long time since Oprah promoted Meghan's new coffee investment, they partied with the Clooneys in Italy or Meghan did Pilates with Adele.

I think it was telling that after the Netflix show no big names tweeted or send a public message of their approval and support.

They missed out on big social events like Obama's 60th birthday and the Peltz-Beckham wedding.

Famous people above H&M's level, big names like Beyoncé, Clooneys, Bloom, Adele, are probably on their guard. Famous people below their level, or those who need a boost might still suck up to them.

This doesn't necessarily have to be a big impact on their status, as they also have rich friends who aren't famous and want to help them by giving an award.
I was going to say, I don’t think they really have that many friends in Hollywood. They’re relative newcomers and aren’t really in those types of social circles. I’ve read that people in their neighborhood aren’t thrilled with them being there, and I’ve also read that they were thinking of moving, as well. When you see Harry out and about he’s usually alone with his dogs walking the beach. I think they have engagements, but those are just that - engagements. I agree it would make people think long and hard about going down that road with them given their track record.

So, all 3 interviews were basically the same. Besides some discrepancies: What is left for Stephen Colbert?

The style of the Late Show is mainly fun and upbeat. How is he going to make this funny?

As Stephen has made jokes in the past how he thinks a monarchy is ridiculous, I hope he repeats the question: why don't you give up the titles?

Harry wasnt really comfortable with discussing his virginity with Tom. Would Stephen focus on his frostbitten todger?
When Cobert was 10 he lost his father and some brothers in a plane crash so maybe they’ll discuss trauma like that

When Cobert was 10 he lost his father and some brothers in a plane crash so maybe they’ll discuss trauma like that
Colbert doesn't discuss what happened in his family very often. He's not flippant about it either.
I would hope Colbert realizes too much privilege, alcohol and drugs has contributed to what Harry is today. It would be difficult to have an honest discussion about loss with Harry. He seems to think he's unique in losing a parent.

I was going to say, I don’t think they really have that many friends in Hollywood. They’re relative newcomers and aren’t really in those types of social circles. I’ve read that people in their neighborhood aren’t thrilled with them being there, and I’ve also read that they were thinking of moving, as well. When you see Harry out and about he’s usually alone with his dogs walking the beach. I think they have engagements, but those are just that - engagements. I agree it would make people think long and hard about going down that road with them given their track record.
I wasn't meaning it to be specific just calling them "Hollywood etc. friends". Meant more like famous people who went to their wedding, who promoted them etc, who hosted them, there are enough of them. I don't see H&M mingling among commoners, I think their goal is to be part of the rich & famous crowd. All I meant is that the famous people might find them more a risk than worth it to be friends with them. I don't follow them so I didn't know that their social circle was already shrinking, and that was before all this.

I wasn't meaning it to be specific just calling them "Hollywood etc. friends". Meant more like famous people who went to their wedding, who promoted them etc, who hosted them, there are enough of them. I don't see H&M mingling among commoners, I think their goal is to be part of the rich & famous crowd. All I meant is that the famous people might find them more a risk than worth it to be friends with them. I don't follow them so I didn't know that their social circle was already shrinking, and that was before all this.
We’re on the same page, that’s what I meant, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter