Halloween

jolynne28

DIS Veteran
Hi all. We were there for Halloween last year, missed the booking for this year, and are booked for 2025. I know we will be able to pick up cancellations last minute, but does anyone have an opinion on going the weekend before? Is it crazier on the weekends? If you had to choose between the weekend before or actual Halloween, what would be your preference and why? We usually go for 3-4 nights, 2 hours away so we can easily book even the day before.

Thanks!

If you are (semi)local, you know how weekends are in the spring and fall. And Halloween day at the Fort is always crazy.

At this point, I would try for anything that comes up that week from the weekend before (10/26) through the weekend after (11/2). Decorations will still be up.

There are a bunch of us that are coming in the week(s) after Halloween. Most are arriving sometime between 10/31 and 11/3.

j

I will say that a handful/few of big decorators show up before Halloween with the intention of having their site completely set up and decorated by Oct 30 or so to allow time to trouble-shoot and problem-solve before the evening of Oct 31. If you come in the weekend before, those few won't be ready yet. But of course there will still be plenty to see.

Bama Ed

I will say that a handful/few of big decorators show up before Halloween with the intention of having their site completely set up and decorated by Oct 30 or so to allow time to trouble-shoot and problem-solve before the evening of Oct 31. If you come in the weekend before, those few won't be ready yet. But of course there will still be plenty to see.

Bama Ed
I’m on the fb group and it seems that a few of the bigger sites aren’t coming back, including the haunted mansion and blockbuster. I think Jurassic Park was still considering. There’s still a ton to see like you said, but we may try for actual Halloween again since our kids still trick or treat.
Thanks!

If you are (semi)local, you know how weekends are in the spring and fall. And Halloween day at the Fort is always crazy.

At this point, I would try for anything that comes up that week from the weekend before (10/26) through the weekend after (11/2). Decorations will still be up.

There are a bunch of us that are coming in the week(s) after Halloween. Most are arriving sometime between 10/31 and 11/3.

j
We only do a shorter stay at the fort for Halloween. Any other time we go for a week b/c I hate packing and setup. We use DVC for the quick trips throughout the year.

If you want to see the decorations at thier best, Halloween is the only time to go. The swap over the week after Halloween has very little of any decorations, as the Halloween people are packing up and the Christmas people are just starting putting up thier stuff. As for busy, the week before Halloween is probably less crowded. The week after Halloween is jersey week.

Can you keep getting as much candy as you want at the MNSSHP, or will they limit you (talking backpack full here :) )? Also, is it really that empty allowing you to do tons of rides, or just not quite as long of wait times? Can't decide if I should go...

Can you keep getting as much candy as you want at the MNSSHP, or will they limit you (talking backpack full here :) )? Also, is it really that empty allowing you to do tons of rides, or just not quite as long of wait times? Can't decide if I should go...
This thread is about Halloween at Fort Wilderness, not MNSSHP. But to answer your questions, no I don't think they limit candy, and it's never empty, it's a popular event that sells out every year. We're going in early September, but I fully expect it to be packed. We don't go with the intention of riding as much as possible, we go for the characters/shows/parade.

It's a Yankee Invasion.

You can tell who they are when they speak:

They have funny accents. :rockband:

ED

PS - the rest of us will have to go undercover

It's okay though.

Us Southerners talk funny too.

Halloween backs up close (over a weekend) to our DISMeet and Election Day is on a Tuesday. I think Wednesday and Thursday will be our park days (such as they are) so I hope the NJ crowds don't fill up the parks too bad. Hopefully, though, their scheduling is, I believe, an annual event so Disney will staff appropriately knowing there could be an uptick in attendance.

Prolly won't hurt us because we only ride/see our favorite attractions now-a-days. Anything fast, spinning, or dizzying is off the list.

But at the Fort, will love walking around with DW after dark checking out the decorations.

Bama Ed

Hi. Sorry to hijack, but I have a related question. We are going to be at the fort from the 25th to 28th. We will not be there on Halloween.

Does anything go on besides what is posted on the info sheet (movies, crafts, etc.)? I know we will miss the parade and trick or treating.

We have some lights and things for the tent to decorate. My husband suggested we reverse trick or treat- put on costumes and walk around giving out candy. We are a group of 5 adults (all the kids are grown). Would that be weird?

We are usually spring and summer campers so I am not sure what to expect. Thanks!

We have some lights and things for the tent to decorate. My husband suggested we reverse trick or treat- put on costumes and walk around giving out candy. We are a group of 5 adults (all the kids are grown). Would that be weird?

I'll offer an opinion and it's only MY opinion.

I get the concept and what you're doing, although simple on its face, might be misconstrued.

One thing I will suggest instead is if you are in a tent loop like 2000, you might set up on your campsite up on the edge of the road with a table and chair (in costume) and offer treats to guests who are going around the loops looking at decorations. If it were me I wouldn't walk around to give up candy - let the guests come to you (and ask permission of any accompanying parents to offer the candy). And be quick to provide an explanation if asked of 'why' you're doing it (won't be there on 10/31).

Folks will be looping after dark and the closer to 10/31 it is, the more people it will be at night.

Bama Ed

Not a bad idea, Ed...@neffernie might end up being the group/person we remember as the ones who started the multi night trick or treat around the loops event.....

I was able to get a reservation for next weekend, Friday-Monday! I need advice on something though. We have friends that we included on our reservation. They are DVC, so will actually sleep at their resort, but will do all the fun Halloween stuff with us at the fort. What's the easiest/best way for them to get in? I did not link to their MDE b/c I know their DVC resort will be on there, so I didn't want that to be an issue. So magic bands won't work. I don't think they can hop a bus from Disney Springs. Is the only option for them to come to the front gate and show ID and tell them they are on our reservation?

If they are on the reservation they should be able to get in NP. Bus should work. I don't think they hit your band up traveling between places, I could be wrong? I would think they may hit the band when you get there. Other option is the ferry. Driving may not be optimal as the construction has taken up the spots.

Not a bad idea, Ed...@neffernie might end up being the group/person we remember as the ones who started the multi night trick or treat around the loops event.....
I thought trick or treating went on every night near Halloween. I’ve been seeing tons of posts on the fb page about it.

I thought trick or treating went on every night near Halloween. I’ve been seeing tons of posts on the fb page about it.

It's all a question of "how many", "when", and "how long".

On 10/31, ToT for over 3hrs (it's a blur standing there handing out candy). (experience in 100, 200, 300 loops)

But on earlier days "how many" people come around is NOT AS MANY.

But on earlier days "when" is more closer to 10/31 and fewer further away from 10/31.

But with above "how long" are you standing there handing out candy? Until it runs out.

I'm not normally there to hand out candy before 10/31 because I'm supposed to be there until 10/31. Although beggars will beg if than can, no?

Personally I have felt only the requirement to be there on 10/31 starting at 6pm with bags of candy until it runs out (at least 2+ hours). People keep circling and coming around but when I'm out of treats, I turn out the light (so to speak).

BTW - are those FB posts about early ToT from locals who want to suck up the camper candy before they get shut out closer to 10/31 (MB scans, etc.). There are always people trying to scam a good thing but that doesn't mean I have to accommodate them. Those FB scammers need to canvas their own neighborhoods. Oh and Fort management has been canvassing FB et al. (some old lame, busy-body web pages). How do you think they started the MB scan shut downs days in advance? If you think your page may be private, it's not.

ED

PS - glad you got a campsite for next weekend but it wont' be ANYTHING like the ackshually Halloween day/night. Lots of golf carts will be hosing up the roads looking at night time decorations though.

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest