Halloween Horror Nights 2010?

When I made my RPR ressie for sept. the cs told me HHN would start on sept. 25.
9/25 is a Saturday and HHN always starts on the last Friday of September since HHN is not staged on Sunday that week. I find it hard to believe they would only stage HHN once that week.

I think the EP's were something like $74.99 or in that range last year for peak night weekends. Yes...The FF Pass is only good on off peak nights but you really don't want to go on peak nights if you can help it. This year since Halloween is on a Sunday I believe, the FF Pass will be good that night.

What do they consider "peak night weekends"?

Not when Mac goes? Can't see her dishin out that kinda $$ :scared:

What do they consider "peak night weekends"?

Not when Mac goes? Can't see her dishin out that kinda $$ :scared:

All Friday and Saturday nights are considered peak nights. The only usual exeception is opening weekend which is also Passholder weekend where the discounted tickets are really cheap! :thumbsup2

All Friday and Saturday nights are considered peak nights. The only usual exeception is opening weekend which is also Passholder weekend where the discounted tickets are really cheap! :thumbsup2

Thanks. Good info to know.

good...thought it was the beginning of alzheimers! :laughing:

Like...dude. Heard ya the first time. :rolleyes1

phbt...you know I luvs ya!

don't wish that on me:sad2:, that would be the scariest house of all...full of poor lost souls:sad1:

many of the peeps hit them all w/the one pass & then do a weekend RIP too...they r addicted to getting the tar scared outta them;)

its been several years since we have made it to HHN where it was at IOA.
is it always at IOA or do they switch parks as in years past?
what buildings do they use?
I remember walking a gazillion miles just to walk from entrance of line to get in buildings! & trying to go counterclockwise was not a great thing to do , as it seemed like the next house you went into emptied out at the clockwise direction house & had to backtrack again........

we are def going to be there weekend of oct 23rd..
the pricing you mentioned of the EP are pretty frightening! I think I last paid $25.

its been several years since we have made it to HHN where it was at IOA.
is it always at IOA or do they switch parks as in years past?
what buildings do they use?
I remember walking a gazillion miles just to walk from entrance of line to get in buildings! & trying to go counterclockwise was not a great thing to do , as it seemed like the next house you went into emptied out at the clockwise direction house & had to backtrack again........

we are def going to be there weekend of oct 23rd..
the pricing you mentioned of the EP are pretty frightening! I think I last paid $25.
The last time HHN was in IOA was 2006...since then it's been only at the Studios. I have heard they are going to use both parks this year for the 20th anniversary but that's only a rumour. I remember when the EP's were $20.00 for weeknights but that's been a long time ago.

The queues are amazing to me and must take many hours to work out. You're right though...you walk & walk & walk just to get to the house entrances.

The larger houses are done in the soundstages whereas others are done in storage buildings and tents. Even some attractions are closed for HHN so part of the queues can be used.

The last time HHN was in IOA was 2006...since then it's been only at the Studios. I have heard they are going to use both parks this year for the 20th anniversary but that's only a rumour.

hhmmm....how would they do that? Ya think they'd stay open later? Have they ever had both parks in one night open for HHN?

Now THAT is some walkin'
:thumbsup2

hhmmm....how would they do that? Ya think they'd stay open later? Have they ever had both parks in one night open for HHN?

Now THAT is some walkin'
:thumbsup2
In 2006 all of IOA was used and part of the soundstages at the Studios and yes...lots of walking. But it was more walking in 2004 when both parks were used. There was only one house at IOA...all others were at the Studios. That year part of IOA and part of the Studios was open but not the entire parks. I think IOA lends itself to a better experience especially around Jurassic Park with all the landscaping. I would love to see HHN in IOA again this year.

they have that gated area between the parks would make it easy to morph to & fro:)

im a happy camper, had old travel channel episode of HHN that i enjoyed repeatedly until i taped over it:scared1:

Universal Horror Nights the Art of the Scare

Have been looking for years to replace it, it's on youtube but i wanted a DVD of it...found it in search yesterday & ordered via paypal.:banana: jik anybody's up for a scare, here's the link.

http://halloweenhorrordvd.com/

i am soooo hoping this year has some of the old-skool houses, especially those featured on the DVD - the spiderman carnage & caretaker - think it's #12, 2002?:confused3

they have that gated area between the parks would make it easy to morph to & fro:)
They have two gates that have been used before. One is in Seuss Landing which led through "Field of Screams" and into the Studios in 2004. The other gate was used to cut from The Lost Continent into the Studios but I can't remember which scarezone it ran into. It's very easy to move between the parks using those pathways.

They have two gates that have been used before. One is in Seuss Landing which led through "Field of Screams" and into the Studios in 2004. The other gate was used to cut from The Lost Continent into the Studios but I can't remember which scarezone it ran into. It's very easy to move between the parks using those pathways.

Isn't the Suess Landing gate used for the IOA "Stay and Scream" holding area? Which, I've heard, isn't as good as the US "Stay and Scream" holding area.

Isn't the Suess Landing gate used for the IOA "Stay and Scream" holding area? Which, I've heard, isn't as good as the US "Stay and Scream" holding area.
Yes and yes. I don't remember if S & S was around in 2004-2006 when IOA was being used for HHN but they would obviously have to make other arrangements for that area. It's really a large area back there so I guess they could do both.

Of course it's not as good as the Studios' SnS area.... Studios SnS has food...and....beverages! Unless they have adult beverages in the IOA SnS area, then forget it! :snooty:

:laughing:

just noticed that the MNSSHP dates r officially announced

can initial HHN announcement be far behind?:goodvibes

okay guys i need HELP -- since i cant seem to get a good price on airfare looks like we will be driving down - i can either come down for the first weekend in october and my daughter will miss 4 full days of school or i can come down the following week and my daughter will miss 3 full days of school - my question is the second week will be columbus day weekend, i did this once in 2007 and only went to HHN on the sunday and it was mobbed - do you suggest i come down the first weekend in october or will it be fine columbus day weekend since we will have thursday friday and saturday to do HHN - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter