Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I watched Christmas Bells are Ringing this morning. "Honest Fluff +" in my rating system: a little predictable, but cute Christmas traditions and happy endings are what I watch Christmas movies for in the first place. :santa:

Plus, I really enjoyed the Cape Cod setting, because that's not too far from me and I love it there!

There is a new movie tonight on Lifetime. If you missed recording it, (it's on now,) it re-airs again at midnight, ET.

Or next Fri, 12/11 at 10:05pm. (Not a typo.)
And Sat, 12/12 at 2:06 am.

I found a list of all the Lifetime Christmas movies for this season on the IMDb.com, so one may check the viewer ratings for them, if you have some saved up on your DVR and haven't watched them and are wondering which may be better. Although, mysteriously, there are ratings for some that haven't even premiered yet. So, take the ratings with a grain of salt. And of course, your tastes may vary.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls082536477/?ref_=rls_2

Last edited:
So we watched One Royal Holiday Sunday. I liked it but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. There were so really cute scenes though but for whatever reason it just fell flatter for me than I thought it would. I did like that towards the end the "it's snowing/there's snow" was treated like how kids are when snow days are/were called lol.

I do think the ending could totally make for a sequel showing her in his country..I'd watch that

And the overly British setting gave me a lot of Love Actually vibes.
I saw on commercials for AMC’s Christmas lineup that they’ll have the rights to it this season. They may just not be airing it until December which probably wouldn’t show up in the Spectrum guide yet. Hold out hope!

There are now air dates for Love Actually! :woohoo:

It will be showing on the AMC channel:

Fri, Dec 18, 10pm ET
Sat, Dec 19, 9:30am ET

For anyone who doesn't think Love Actually is a Christmas movie, you can join the yearly debate over it ;) on this thread:
Another controversial Christmas topic: Love Actually.

Last edited:
So I decided to delete my recording of A Royal Christmas Engagement which was shown on ION TV. If anyone watches it let me know what you think of it.

On IMDb it has a 4.1 with 62 reviews. While I don't always agree with IMDb with the users it's enough reviews at this point for me to get the idea it's not worth my precious recording space at this time.

ION doesn't tend to have strong movies in the first place. But I'll add it to an IMDb list I created in the past for ION Christmas movies and may give it a shot at another time when recording space isn't an issue and I'm in the mood for what seems like a below so-so movie lol.

ION doesn't tend to have strong movies in the first place.

I agree. The only ION movie I really liked so far, that I've seen is their version of A Cinderella Christmas. They seemed to have actually spent some money on that one and hired better writers, actors and styled it better.

Lifetime tends to have really low budgets for some of their movies. But, some times their stories are more interesting. They are willing to take more chances.

Speaking of A Cinderella Christmas, the actor in that movie, Peter Porte, along with Andie MacDowell who plays his mom, will be in a gay Christmas movie, Dashing in December, on the Paramount Network. I saw the ad while watching a Hallmark movie yesterday. It looks interesting. I never even heard of the Paramount Network. It's obviously not a channel I usually watch. It usually just shows a lot of (Paramount) reruns, I guess.

Peter was in one of my favorite Hallmark Christmas movies, A Gift to Remember. He plays someone who was run over by a woman on a bicycle, as she was riding to work at a bookstore. He ends up with amnesia and they try to piece together his memory, while of course falling in love.

If one is interested is watching Dashing in December, it's on this Sun, Dec 13, 7pm ET, and re-airs a couple more times that night. You can read the movie description and see a preview here:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13454498/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

And if anyone is as clueless about the Paramount Network as I was, you may be able to find the channel number here: https://www.buyinternetcable.com/blog/paramount-network-on-spectrum

Or while scrolling the Spectrum channel guide, the channel is listed as: PARHD.

Last edited:
I loved A Gift to Remember, Imzadi! I'm hoping its sequel "A Gift to Cherish" will be on eventually!

I saw it earlier in the week. It's been renamed: Cherished Memories: A Gift to Remember 2.

It was one of the times, when again, I should have been polishing off one of the new movies on my ever growing DVR list, I was watching an older Hallmark movie instead. It was still a cute movie, although I didn't like it as much as the first one.

REMINDER: We are down to the last 2 weekends of new Christmas movies. Hallmark does say it will continue to show Christmas movies through Dec. (And probably the first week of Jan, so we don't go into immediate withdrawal.) But no more new ones after next week, Sunday night.

Pace yourself with the Christmas movies you have saved up on your DVR to last those last 5 days until Christmas, (or beyond) if that's something you want to do.

I now have an overabundance. I have to watch a few movies this weekend to make room for some more. popcorn::

I saw the Lifetime movie, Christmas Ever After. It was a nice, fluff movie, where a romance writer meets a guy who looks exactly like the guy on the cover of her romance novels. It was predictable, but I liked it.

I also liked that Lifetime cast a lead that was in a wheelchair. The actress/singer, Ali Stroker, is in a wheelchair in real life. She refers to being in it a couple times, like instead of going for a walk, she says she will go for a push around the neighborhood. Beyond that, she is able to get around perfectly normal. And the movie didn't go out of it's way to try to emphasize that either, IMO. Usually the wheelchair roles are the 5 second supporting roles, the bookstore owner who wheels over the book the lead wants, or the computer expert, locked at his desk, or grandma being wheeled into the room. It was nice to see it for a lead role.

It's on again tonight at 6pm, ET, and next week, on Lifetime.

I agree. The only ION movie I really liked so far, that I've seen is their version of A Cinderella Christmas. They seemed to have actually spent some money on that one and hired better writers, actors and styled it better.

Lifetime tends to have really low budgets for some of their movies. But, some times their stories are more interesting. They are willing to take more chances.

Speaking of A Cinderella Christmas, the actor in that movie, Peter Porte, along with Andie MacDowell who plays his mom, will be in a gay Christmas movie, Dashing in December, on the Paramount Network. I saw the ad while watching a Hallmark movie yesterday. It looks interesting. I never even heard of the Paramount Network. It's obviously not a channel I usually watch. It usually just shows a lot of (Paramount) reruns, I guess.

Peter was in one of my favorite Hallmark Christmas movies, A Gift to Remember. He plays someone who was run over by a woman on a bicycle, as she was riding to work at a bookstore. He ends up with amnesia and they try to piece together his memory, while of course falling in love.

If one is interested is watching Dashing in December, it's on this Sun, Dec 13, 7pm ET, and re-airs a couple more times that night. You can read the movie description and see a preview here:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13454498/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

And if anyone is as clueless about the Paramount Network as I was, you may be able to find the channel number here: https://www.buyinternetcable.com/blog/paramount-network-on-spectrum

Or while scrolling the Spectrum channel guide, the channel is listed as: PARHD.
We've watched things here and there on Paramount Network but I'm glad you mentioned this Christmas movie being on it, I just went and set the DVR to record it.

I actually liked A Cinderella Christmas as well.

I watched A Gift To Remember and liked it. I recorded the sequel last year but haven't watched it yet.

I saw the Lifetime movie, Christmas Ever After. It was a nice, fluff movie, where a romance writer meets a guy who looks exactly like the guy on the cover of her romance novels. It was predictable, but I liked it.

I also liked that Lifetime cast a lead that was in a wheelchair. The actress/singer, Ali Stroker, is in a wheelchair in real life. She refers to being in it a couple times, like instead of going for a walk, she says she will go for a push around the neighborhood. Beyond that, she is able to get around perfectly normal. And the movie didn't go out of it's way to try to emphasize that either, IMO. Usually the wheelchair roles are the 5 second supporting roles, the bookstore owner who wheels over the book the lead wants, or the computer expert, locked at his desk, or grandma being wheeled into the room. It was nice to see it for a lead role.

It's on again tonight at 6pm, ET, and next week, on Lifetime.
I was wondering if anyone had watched Christmas Ever After yet. I liked the premise of the movie. It's good to know it's fluff, predictable movie so I know when I should watch it when I'm in the mood just for that :)

Thanks, Imzadi for that heads up, I'll keep an eye out for it to air again!

Do you whether there ever was/will be a sequel to the latest (with Ben and Sarah) Time for Us to Come Home for Christmas? I know thanks to a Dis friend there were at least 2 movies before that one. Was there was afterwards? I really loved Snowfall Inn and that story.

Do you whether there ever was/will be a sequel to the latest (with Ben and Sarah) Time for Us to Come Home for Christmas? I know thanks to a Dis friend there were at least 2 movies before that one. Was there was afterwards? I really loved Snowfall Inn and that story.
There was a new movie in that series this year (premiered last weekend on Movies and Mysterys) with Lacey. It wasn’t a continuation of the story (I don’t think any of them are true sequels) they just keep the same titling and premise.

Tonight is the Hanukkah movie with Ben Savage. I’m excited for this one. The 2 Hanukkah movies last year were pretty awful, including the almost unwatchable Holiday Date. Being half Jewish I would be nice to see a semi-watchable Hanukkah movie on Hallmark.

And Hallmark usually keeps the Christmas movies running through at least the middle of January, so we’ll still have a bunch to watch for another month or so, just like @Imzadi said, no more new ones after next weekend. The contest on the Hallmark website for picking the movies each week also ends soon after that. They’re actually having that go through the weekend after Christmas though, you currently pick the winning movies for next weekend, but there will be one more week of contest after that.

Tonight is the Hanukkah movie with Ben Savage. I’m excited for this one. The 2 Hanukkah movies last year were pretty awful, including the almost unwatchable Holiday Date. Being half Jewish I would be nice to see a semi-watchable Hanukkah movie on Hallmark.
I'm going to struggle with this one, because the lead was on the Vampire Diaries and she was a wretched character LOL so it really tainted her for me.

@flyingdumbo127 I haven't seen the lasted sequel to Time for Us to Come Home for Christmas yet. It's one of the better ones, (I'm hoping,
CrossingFingers2.gif
) that I still have saved up. I really like Lacey Chabert, and they usually give her some of the best scripts, IMO.

The series is based on a song that musician, Blake Shelton recorded with his mother several years ago, called Time For Me to Come Home. Then he produced all 3 of the movies.

I have seen the first two. I prefer the first one better. It stars Josh Henderson, (of the Dallas reboot.) The second one was with a completely different cast and storyline. I found that one rather slow.

And Lacey's movie, again is a different storyline & cast. So, even though they are "sequels" they actually aren't. Only in title name only.

@flyingdumbo127 I haven't seen the lasted sequel to Time for Us to Come Home for Christmas yet. It's one of the better ones, (I'm hoping,
CrossingFingers2.gif
) that I still have saved up. I really like Lacey Chabert, and they usually give her some of the best scripts, IMO.

The series is based on a song that musician, Blake Shelton recorded with his mother several years ago, called Time For Me to Come Home. Then he produced all 3 of the movies.

I have seen the first two. I prefer the first one better. It stars Josh Henderson, (of the Dallas reboot.) The second one was with a completely different cast and storyline. I found that one rather slow.

And Lacey's movie, again is a different storyline & cast. So, even though they are "sequels" they actually aren't. Only in title name only.
I remember liking Time For Me to Come Home for Christmas and it was right at the time that I was watching the tv show The Arrangement that had Josh Henderson in it. I did not see the second addition though it's recorded and the third one is also recorded. I'm glad you clarified that they are not intertwined in storylines because I almost thought of watching this most recent one before the one from last year because the plot points appeal a bit more to me at the moment.

There was a new movie in that series this year (premiered last weekend on Movies and Mysterys) with Lacey. It wasn’t a continuation of the story (I don’t think any of them are true sequels) they just keep the same titling and premise.

We were typing/posting at the same time. :teeth: :thumbsup2

Thank you! I thought Holiday Date was awful too. :badpc: I wondered if it was because the lead actor is Jewish, and he just really doesn't get our love of Christmas movies. So, the idea of hiring someone to bring home as one's BF is so implausible, that he just couldn't act it straight out, as though it's a real situation. :confused3

You'd think that someone who is a soap star and can act some of those implausible situations, like an unknown "twin" (played by the same actor,) suddenly shows up after 30 years and wants to take out some revenge, and can act that as though it's real, or to play a character inhabited by an archangel, and and again play it as though it was real, would be able to do a Christmas movie well, as the fake boyfriend. And I normally like Matt Cohen as an actor. :(

A little trivia: actor Paul Rudd and his wife, who are both Jewish, are the ones who convinced actress, Hilarie Burton, to do her first Christmas movie. She got a text about doing one, from her agent, while at dinner with them, and she poo-pooed the idea of doing a Christmas movie. (Those were the days when they weren't very good. And actors shied away from doing them.) They told her how much they love the Christmas movies, even though they are Jewish, and insisted she do one. She's done several since for both Hallmark & Lifetime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter