Guess I need to start this PTR! Only 6 months to go!

brandip22

Busy obsessing over my next trip!
This is copied from my blog, which you can link to in my signature. It has the pics and all so far. But, I will add here as I can- gotta get everything uploaded to photobucket for that I think. We are going May 22-29th, so I started to record all the info in my blog!

OK, here we are:

Me, Brandi- I'm 34 and a Kindergarten teacher. It's my first year teaching after a long career in banking. I love it and love my students. It's very hard where I work, but I know that I am making a difference, which is what matters most, right?

DH, Paul- he's 35 and is a passionate LSU fan. He also loves Jimmy Buffet, as do I and our son, Alex. More on him later. Anyway, Paul is a purchaser at a food company. His hours stink and and he works way too many, plus it's an hour away and his benefits stink! But, he has learned a lot and really likes his job, so oh well.
DS, Alex- he is 7. Alex is funny and smart, I just adore him. He's reading this as I type, so I better say all of that up there:) He's in the 2nd grade and does pretty well in school. This is his first year in an advanced class, so his young age compared to the other students is starting to show. But, he is so smart, so I know he'll get it together! He has been to Disney 3 times. The last time was in October of 2007 and we actually went to Universal. However, we did go to MNSSHP one night, so we got to visit the Magic Kingdom once on that trip. So, by the time we go, it will have been almost 4 years since our last time to be there. He's super excited, but is scared of "big" rides, so i have to figure out how to get him to try some.
DS, Nathan- he is almost 17 months. He's funny and sweet. He just got tubes in and adenoids out a few weeks ago. It has made a big difference and he's much happier. This will be his first trip to Disney World! I know he'll especially love the parades because he watched the Thanksgiving one yesterday and loved it!
So, we are going at the end of May and I am super excited and ready! We'll be staying at the Animal Kingdom Villas- a 1 bedroom. If you are not familiar with DVC, our room will be like a condo, with a complete kitchen and laundry room, which is perfect for us!
I recently made our ADRs and realize that maybe we won't make them all, but that's OK. I am starting to wonder our Nathan will do and how we will tour accordingly. He does nap daily of course, but it varies in time. At home, it's usually from 10-12-ish. Sometimes as early as 9! And at times, as late as 1 or 2! At daycare, it's from 11-1 daily. I try to keep him on that at home, but he's usually falling asleep before then. So, we will see how he does when the trip comes around- that's still 6 months away, which is huge for a baby boy. We did go recently to the New Orleans zoo and I was impressed with how great he did. He stayed up for a while and didn't get too fussy. I'm hoping we'll be able to eat our sit-down lunches in the parks, another ride or two, then head back to the resort. Then, we can have dinner after nap and go back to the parks. We'll see..

I'm first! :cool1: Can't wait to hear more!

Hey! Brandi
just found your PTR...I did visit your blog...great intro's
I'm looking forward to sharing in your planning...
May will be here before you know it!! :yay:
:wave2: Connie

Hi Brandi
I saw you over on Dana's (racefan) PTR and wanted to say hi. We have the same dates!!! As do my other buddies Leanne (leamomto2princesse) and Becky (ladybugmom). And our new friend Megan (Brave Teacher) They also have PTR's if you want to check them out. THe link to mine is in my siggy.
We almost bought DVC but did not pass ROFR. We are at the Poly. What are your ADR's?? Where are you staying?? We need details!! So excited to have another Dis buddy to plan with!!
I have a DD who started K this yr-maybe I'll pm you about some??s

Edit to add, I just looked at ur ticker. AKL!! Are you staying at Kidani?? We were going to do a 1BD there.. I may need to come visit LOL

I'm also a kindergarten teacher, and I love it. We are going at the beginning of May and can't wait! Just wanted to say hello and can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Hi Brandi
I saw you over on Dana's (racefan) PTR and wanted to say hi. We have the same dates!!! As do my other buddies Leanne (leamomto2princesse) and Becky (ladybugmom). They also have PTR's if you want to check them out. THe link to mine is in my siggy.
We almost bought DVC but did not pass ROFR. We are at the Poly. What are your ADR's?? Where are you staying?? We need details!! So excited to have another Dis buddy to plan with!!
I have a DD who started K this yr-maybe I'll pm you about some??s

Edit to add, I just looked at ur ticker. AKL!! Are you staying at Kidani?? We were going to do a 1BD there.. I may need to come visit LOL

Hey Mary! We are currently at Jambo. However, I am starting to want to change to Kindani, so I might do that soon! I'll let you know. I was trying to go the less points route, but we will be adding on next year, so I figure I might as well go ahead and use the few extra to stay at Kindani. I will type up more details after dinner. I didn't expect anyone to read, so i didn't get too detailed yet!! LOL- Guess I'll get busy:yay: And you are welcome to come visit!

Oh, and about your DD- ask me anything! I have a son who is in the 2nd grade and he had the best K teacher ever! I am in the most poverty-stricken school in Baton Rouge, so I am learning how to teach and reach these kids better than I ever imagined- you have to get creative sometimes! But, I'll be happy to answer questions or ask other teachers for answers as well!

I'm also a kindergarten teacher, and I love it. We are going at the beginning of May and can't wait! Just wanted to say hello and can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Hey Kayce- welcome and I hoe to update more soon!

Hey Connie and hkrox, too! I don't know how to quote multiple people in the same reply, but I wanted to say thanks for looking and I will try to get to writing more tonight!

So, I decided to post my daily plans today. For our trip, that is! Here's what I have so far:

Friday- leave work, get boys and DH- start driving! This is our actual last day of school, so I will leave right after that. Hope there is nothing that will stop me from going right away! We will spend the night somewhere on the way. We'll just drive as far as we can and find a spot. I'll probably try to plan that out as well, but I figure we'll get farther if I don't.

Saturday- Wake up as early as we can and head on to Disney! We are about 13 hours total away, so I am hoping to go 5 hours on Friday, so only 8 left on Saturday. If we leave by 7 AM, that puts us there at about 3 PM. I'd like to get there even earlier, but if not, I can handle it. We have ADRs for Chef Mickey's this night at 5:40 PM. Nate usually goes to bed at about 6:30, but after spending all day in the car, I think he'll be ready for a night of fun with Mickey! After dinner, we will go straight to bed! I figure we'll drive to the Contemporary and then back to AKV to save time.

Sunday- Animal Kingdom Day!! We have 8:05 AM ADRs at Donald's Breakfastasourus. We did this a few years back and loved it. We will spend the day here and have a late lunch at Rain Forest Cafe at 1- if we aren't yet hungry, we'll just get desserts! RFC is a must for us each trip and I have gift cards for there from Mypoints.

Monday- EPCOT! Lunch @ 11:15 @ Le Cellier- our favorite place. I decided on an early lunch b/c Nate eats early and I figure he'll be hungry early. Plus, I hope we can get through it faster and he won't get fussy. I expect to take him back to the resort at this point for his nap, but we'll see. If not after lunch, then by 1 for sure. The big boys can stay if they want. We will head back after a nap. We may hop over to see Spectro tonight as well.

Tuesday- Typhoon Lagoon! (Or maybe BB, but probably TL)- Have ADRs at TREX for 5 PM- we have to try this due to our love of RFC and Alex's love of dinos. They will also take our gift cards, so that is nice! I figure we'll do the water park from opening to about 1, then back for a nap. Then on to DTD and T-Rex- can't wait to build dinos, too!

Wednesday- MK- Finally!! I am an obsessive planner, remember? I follow many touring sites to find out when to go where, so that's why I'm waiting so long in the trip for an MK day. We might hop over earlier for Spectro, tho. I did not plan on having an ADR today. However, I ended up making one for CP @ 11:40- may end up canceling it though, depending on finances and how Nate does for sit down lunches at almost 2.

Thursday- HS- Made an ADR for 50s at 11, but really don't expect to keep that one. We will for sure go to WCC at 6 PM tonight, though. I've been wanting to go for years and will make sure we go this year!

Friday- MK again! I made 11:35 ADRs for LTT today, but again, not really planning on making it. I think we'd be better off have a quick CS lunch and riding more, but we'll see.

Saturday- going home:( Dh doesn't have Memorial Day off, so we have to get back. I planned to stay until Sunday, but again DH wants to take our time getting back so he's not so exhausted on Monday for work.

So, this was way long and I'm sorry, but I wanted to get the ADRs out there for everyone to compare! Let me know what you think!

to multiquote click on the "+ key on each reply you want to reply to...
than click on POST REPLY...this will take you to the advanced screen and you can type your reply between each quote...hope this helps!

your plans so far; sound great and well planned!

I think your ADR's sound good. I haven't been to all of them but I've heard they are all really good. You'll have a lot of fun.

K- just tried the "+ thing and I think it's not working- let me try again....

K- just tried the "+ thing and I think it's not working- let me try again....
ok- I am not doing something right- I hit the buttons, then the quick reply button, but when I go here to the box to reply- it doesn't show the quotes- lemme try one more thing...

to multiquote click on the "+ key on each reply you want to reply to...
than click on POST REPLY...this will take you to the advanced screen and you can type your reply between each quote...hope this helps!

your plans so far; sound great and well planned!

WAHOOO! I got it finally!!!! Thanks for the help!!

I think your ADR's sound good. I haven't been to all of them but I've heard they are all really good. You'll have a lot of fun.
Thanks! We've been to most and really need to venture out, but maybe next time! WCC would be new, as would LTT if we do that- well, I think we went there before, but I really don't remember much. And I bet we don't make it anyway. Same with 50s- we've never done that. But, CM is a tradition, love RFC, love LeCellier and I forgot! We have to fit in Margaritaville somewhere!
ok- I am not doing something right- I hit the buttons, then the quick reply button, but when I go here to the box to reply- it doesn't show the quotes- lemme try one more thing...

So glad I learned something new tonight! Now I have to get to sleep as Nathan gets up at 5:30 every morning and I want a little sleep!

So, I decided to post my daily plans today. For our trip, that is! Here's what I have so far:

Friday- leave work, get boys and DH- start driving! This is our actual last day of school, so I will leave right after that. Hope there is nothing that will stop me from going right away! We will spend the night somewhere on the way. We'll just drive as far as we can and find a spot. I'll probably try to plan that out as well, but I figure we'll get farther if I don't.

Saturday- Wake up as early as we can and head on to Disney! We are about 13 hours total away, so I am hoping to go 5 hours on Friday, so only 8 left on Saturday. If we leave by 7 AM, that puts us there at about 3 PM. I'd like to get there even earlier, but if not, I can handle it. We have ADRs for Chef Mickey's this night at 5:40 PM. Nate usually goes to bed at about 6:30, but after spending all day in the car, I think he'll be ready for a night of fun with Mickey! After dinner, we will go straight to bed! I figure we'll drive to the Contemporary and then back to AKV to save time.

Sunday- Animal Kingdom Day!! We have 8:05 AM ADRs at Donald's Breakfastasourus. We did this a few years back and loved it. We will spend the day here and have a late lunch at Rain Forest Cafe at 1- if we aren't yet hungry, we'll just get desserts! RFC is a must for us each trip and I have gift cards for there from Mypoints.

Monday- EPCOT! Lunch @ 11:15 @ Le Cellier- our favorite place. I decided on an early lunch b/c Nate eats early and I figure he'll be hungry early. Plus, I hope we can get through it faster and he won't get fussy. I expect to take him back to the resort at this point for his nap, but we'll see. If not after lunch, then by 1 for sure. The big boys can stay if they want. We will head back after a nap. We may hop over to see Spectro tonight as well.

Tuesday- Typhoon Lagoon! (Or maybe BB, but probably TL)- Have ADRs at TREX for 5 PM- we have to try this due to our love of RFC and Alex's love of dinos. They will also take our gift cards, so that is nice! I figure we'll do the water park from opening to about 1, then back for a nap. Then on to DTD and T-Rex- can't wait to build dinos, too!

Wednesday- MK- Finally!! I am an obsessive planner, remember? I follow many touring sites to find out when to go where, so that's why I'm waiting so long in the trip for an MK day. We might hop over earlier for Spectro, tho. I did not plan on having an ADR today. However, I ended up making one for CP @ 11:40- may end up canceling it though, depending on finances and how Nate does for sit down lunches at almost 2.

Thursday- HS- Made an ADR for 50s at 11, but really don't expect to keep that one. We will for sure go to WCC at 6 PM tonight, though. I've been wanting to go for years and will make sure we go this year!

Friday- MK again! I made 11:35 ADRs for LTT today, but again, not really planning on making it. I think we'd be better off have a quick CS lunch and riding more, but we'll see.

Saturday- going home:( Dh doesn't have Memorial Day off, so we have to get back. I planned to stay until Sunday, but again DH wants to take our time getting back so he's not so exhausted on Monday for work.

So, this was way long and I'm sorry, but I wanted to get the ADRs out there for everyone to compare! Let me know what you think!

Oh boy another driver-I think Megan is driving as well. We are also at AK on Sun. We are also at MK on Wed-BBB and CRT. Hopefully we can meet up at some point.

WOOT! WOOT! I'm here!

Are yall doing standard or savanah view at AKV? The points are the same either way you go - Jambo or Kidani. Jambo is more hustle and bustle, while Kidani is more laid back and homey. The walk to Mara is not that bad. You can do it in less than 10 minutes. Plus, the buses pick you up and drop you off first at Kidani.

Looking at the kids now. Sam should be in 1st grade age-wise. His school however does the Gesell screening, and he was very immature for his age. He was in developmental kindergarten last year, and he is absolutely blossomoing in kindergarten this year. Good for Alex to be doing so well as a young one for his class.

We have MK planned for the same day. We're doing a waterpark the same day too, but it will definitely be a BB day for us. We had so much fun last year. Cooper had a blast in Tike's Peak.

Everything looks great so far. So, is 5 hours from you Mobile or Pensacola? I'm thinking Mobile since that is about 3 1/2 from me, maybe 4. We are stopping in Lake City. We'll only have about another 2 hours to go the next morning.

I look forward to hearing more!

Oh boy another driver-I think Megan is driving as well. We are also at AK on Sun. We are also at MK on Wed-BBB and CRT. Hopefully we can meet up at some point.
Hey- that'd be cool to meet up!

WOOT! WOOT! I'm here!

Are yall doing standard or savanah view at AKV? The points are the same either way you go - Jambo or Kidani. Jambo is more hustle and bustle, while Kidani is more laid back and homey. The walk to Mara is not that bad. You can do it in less than 10 minutes. Plus, the buses pick you up and drop you off first at Kidani.

Looking at the kids now. Sam should be in 1st grade age-wise. His school however does the Gesell screening, and he was very immature for his age. He was in developmental kindergarten last year, and he is absolutely blossomoing in kindergarten this year. Good for Alex to be doing so well as a young one for his class.

We have MK planned for the same day. We're doing a waterpark the same day too, but it will definitely be a BB day for us. We had so much fun last year. Cooper had a blast in Tike's Peak.

Everything looks great so far. So, is 5 hours from you Mobile or Pensacola? I'm thinking Mobile since that is about 3 1/2 from me, maybe 4. We are stopping in Lake City. We'll only have about another 2 hours to go the next morning.

I look forward to hearing more!
We are actually doing Value to save a few points, but I'm seriously considering switching to Standard at Kidani- think I may call tomorrow if I can remember! We really want to do BB instead of TL as we did TL before. BUt we did it when Alex was 3 and he had a ball. I was worried BB wouldn't have enough for the little guy to do- what do you think? Alex and I spent all summer at Blue Bayou this past summer, and he does most things.
Mobile is about 2 1/2 hours from us actually. We were thinking of staying in Lake City once before. I need to go map it out and decide. BUT- DH was talking yesterday about just leaving at midnight and going straight through! You'd think he had also been reading the PTRs- lol- He thinks it'd be easier with the boys sleeping the whole way. Nathan is not good in the car- he pretty much whines the whole time and wants me to hold his hand the whole time- which is so uncomfy when I ride in the front! We'll see

Hey folks! I finally looked up mapquest to map out our trip. Of course, DH took over and went to bing maps to map it himself. It shows it should take us about 11 hours- it actually shows 10 or 10 1/2, depending on the map, but also 700 miles. So, I figure with potty and gas breaks, 11 hours at least. MY idea is to drive to Tallahassse, spend the night there, then on to Orlando the next morning. Tallahasse is about 6- 6 1/2 hours away from here. I think we could swing that. Then, just another 4 hours the next morning. DH was thinking Lake City, but that is a little father and I don't see the point in stopping if it's only another 2 hours away. He'll probably do most of the driving, so I'll leave it to him, though! BTW, he told me to write that he thinks I'm addicted to the computer/disboards- LOL- maybe so, oh well! Both boys are playing, DH is watching football, I have turkey gumbo on the stove, clothes in the washer and dryer and now I'm here- I think I'm ok- what do you think?? LOL:confused3

OK, so on to another topic- just life in general. Last night, our good friends from down the street ('Bama fans) came over for steaks and LSU football. We had a great time. I had to clean big time since we'd just decorated for Christmas, so it was a long day! And thank goodness LSU won at the end- that was close! This morning, I slept until almost 7- so did Nathan and DH. Alex (older DS) was up, but left us along. Seven is way late for us, so that was cool. I can't believe baby Nate slept so long. Well, back to the 5 AM alarm in the morning and back to school. Only 3 weeks now until Christmas break though! Now, we have all the boxes back in the attic, clothes galore to wash and the gumbo cooking as I said earlier. A nap would make life complete for today ;) But, the boys aren't too good at letting me nap unless they are, too. DH just took Nate down to the neighbors to say hi, so I could probably get a few minutes in. But I know that I'd be just good and asleep when they'd walk in. Is it only me that happens to? I need to go online and see how much money I've spent on Christmas so far. I have a few more things to get the boys, but will need to wait until DS gets paid on Friday. Then, it's parent and family time- ah it never ends!

We drove straight through in May! we find the drive there easy the drive home was harder (but, straight through) it did take us longer than in the past (about 11 hours vs. the not quite 10 hrs mapquest puts us at and we lost an 1.5 hr back tracking for DH's wallet) we stopped alot to let Ashton run around and change his diaper (I did not want him sitting in a wet diaper for a long period of time (probably went through more diapers on the ride than on a regular day). We brought his DVD player along and some easy small toys and we were both wonderfully surprised at how great he did! :yay: {we stopped for breakfast in gulfport[that was when we discovered no wallet--dbl back up to Sam's in Slidell], stopped to run around in Alabama [that is where we met up with my DD, DDbf, & DS] let Ashton run around, stopped at the Pensacola reststop [we stayed there a bit to let Ashton play in their playroom area and I picked up reading material], we did not stop again until Tallahasse for lunch/early dinner, than drove until we made it to Orlando.
We did say that next time (if we drive) we were going to stop on the way home in Ft Walton Beach. As I said the ride home was horrible for us...

sounds like a fun night friends and LSU doesn't get much better than that!

Sounds like a job well done (or started) on your gift list!!!

Have a great day!!!:wave2:

BTW: welcome to the world of hooked dissers...my kids say that if I don't get on at least once a day I'll have witdrawals --LOL! I normally dis during quiet time (DS3 does not nap) and during movie time (not usually something I want to see)LOL!

11 hours isn't too bad. It could be a lot worse. Splitting it over two days is probably smart.
Can't wait to hear more about your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter