Green Ribon Run-Down!!

We all wore our lime green ribbons during our 13 days at WDW. We were there from August 18/02 to August 30/02 at the ASMu. I had it tied to my fanny pack, my lanyard, DH's backpack and lanyard and DS's lanyard. We never met a soul from the DIS except for Tom and his son Jeremy whom we had planned to meet for our Illuminations cruise. We were quite disappointed. My husband even said, "Tell me why again we've gone around for 2 weeks with green ribbon on?" Oh well, maybe during our trip in April 03.

My first trip with lime green ribbon was a wash but my last trip (during the DIScon) I met NativeTxn with a whole group of DISers on Maelstrom. It was great fun!

I will be wearing my ribbon from now on. Don't be afraid to say HI!

We'll be on our honeymoon in October. I bought a length of lime green ribbon from Walmart for us to wear on our fanny packs. I hope everyone who sees us will say hello! :p

If anyone is going to MNSSHP on Oct. 27 please come up and say "Hi" to me. I guarantee you're not going to be able to miss me.
My costume is: a lime green shirt with my DIS name in glow-in-the-dark letters and green ribbons ALL over the shirt. :p
I will be so disappointed if at least one person doesn't say something.

I'm thinking of a big green bow on the front of the ECV I'll be driving and green curly ribbon decorating the stroller. I don't wear a fanny pack, but the camcorder is almost surgically attached to me, so there's another ribbon opportunity.

I've met people from www.cruisecritic.com on, of all things, cruises, the last 2 years. It's a real hoot to chat online before and after the trip. The most important online acquaintance I've made, however, was my husband.

We didn't see any lime green ribbons when we were at WDW in July 2001, we did run into Safari Steve however.
We are going back to WDW this coming December and am planning to wear my lime green ribbon on the back of my wheelchair.....

I'll be there Dec 19 thru Jan 3, 2003. I'll wear the lime green, hopefully it won't clash with what I have on that day. I'm rather outgoing, so if I see anyone else with a ribbon, I'll ask. I'll expect the same if anyone is interested. Thanks fr this thread, I wasn't sure.

On Labor Day weekend, I tied a piece of green ribbon onto the strap of my purse. I forgot it was there and I forgot to look for green ribbons. I was so surprised when "Tnkrbell" came up to me at MGM and asked if I was wearing the ribbon for the Disboards! We talked for a little while but I think I was so surprised I couldn't think of what to say! She had met someone from the boards the night before also.
I think I'll always tie one to my purse while at DW and I will try to remember to look for ribbons too.

Well, my plane leaves in just over 4 hours. I just got back from my "last minute" 3AM trip to Wal Mart where I bought my "lime-green" ribbon. I will be cruising around various parks for the next 6 days, so say howdy if you see a Lime Green ribbon.

I just bought my ribbon today (for December). The new dollar store near home was having a sale.

I'll be wearing it in December at PO Riverside (12/3 - 12/7), on Wonder (12/8 - 12/11) and again at Riverside (12/12 -12/14). Please stop and say hello. DH though Iwas nuts when I told him what the ribbon was for. I told him that he and his father have to wear it, too!

Beth

We just got back last Sat (Sept 7) and I had green ribbons on my backpack, dd on her fanny pack, and even on our suitcases, just in case we saw someone at the airport....but we didn't.:(

We were there from 12/01/01 to 12/15/01 and couldn't find another ribbon wearer to save my day.. OH well i will be trying again to spot some when we go this year from 11/29 to 12/08 ..
Michelle

Sounds like a bunch of you are going at the end of September. I will be there from the 26 - 29 for a short trip. I always seem to forget to bring a ribbon, but I will bring one this time.

See ya all in two weeks!

I will be the crazy woman with 15 family memebers with me.

Sam

I saw a green ribbon and asked the lady wearing it if she was a 'diser', she looked at me like I had had too much dole whip. She wasn't a diser. :D :o

Im going September 17th- September 22. My mom and I will be wearing our lime green ribbons, and I really hope to see some fellow DISers while I am there!!

Well folks, I'm back. Since I'm the one that started the thread, I figured I'd tell you about my "green ribbon" experience. I wore a green ribbon from the time I got on the plane, until I arrived home, with the exception of going swimming, or to the water parks. Not once did anyone recognize me as a "dis'er". I had several folks ask what the ribbon was for (I think they thought it was a "family" thing), and I explained it.

Anyway, in all fairness, I really don't think that even if I was standing next to someone wearing a ribbon, I would have seen it. My eyes were always on the surroundings, and never looking to see if someone had a ribbon.

I will be giving my "trip report" in the "trip reports forum" soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter