Green Ribon Run-Down!!

CWIPPERMAN

<font color=FF99FF>You don't have to be clever and
I'm pretty new to the forum, and heading to WDW in about a month. I have seen blurbs on the board about the "Green Ribons", and have tried "searching" for a message that gives the full run-down on them.

Can someone let those of us that are kind of new know how the "Green Ribbon" tradition was started.

Could you describe the type of "Green Ribbon" to wear (light, dark, short, long, etc...).

Where do you wear it (Please don't answer "At WDW".... I mean what part of your body:D )?

What is the proper ettiqutet (sp?) for other folks wearing a ribbon?

What are the odds of actually seeing another "DIS'er" down there?

Thanks...

I bought just a strip or two of a bright colored green at WalMart. It was something like lime green.
We pinned it to our Guest of Honor badges, but you could just wear it like you would any other ribbon on your shirt.

We didn't have any one ask us about our ribbons or even recognize them until our last day at AK. A CM asked my dh about it, but that was it. Didn't see any fellow boarders.

Don't worry too much about getting one.

I don't know how the tradition started, but the color is lime green, the brighter, the better. I tie one to my backpack or whatever bag I am carrying. I chickened out last time when I saw someone with one, and forgot to wear my ribbon that day. This time, if I see someone with a lime green ribbon, I intend to ask them if they are wearing the ribbon for any specific reason. If they say yes, then I'll ask them if they're from the Dis. If they say no, then I'll just say thanks a walk away. I intend to be out going and talk to any lime green ribbon bearers I see!

I tied a lime green ribbon to my fanny pack. I didn't see anyone else wearing one the whole time we were there. However, someone did stop me and say, "I noticed your ribbon. Are you from the DIS?" We both got all excited and hugged! It was like we had a special connection even though we had never met.

I just bought lime green(not too bright)ribbon from the dollar store. I plan to put it on our fanny packs and backpack, maybe around the lanyard's we should get by paying by Amex as well. I hope to see some other ribbons while we're there. We leave in 11 days and I can't wait.

I love this DISer "tradition"?????
Last year, at EPCOT pin trading station
we saw someone with a lime green ribbon,
and we started talking, ALOT! Also, at
AK, but we were too shy, and it turned out
to be one of the moderators - could have
kicked ourselves. In June, someone noticed
my green ribbon on my backpack and
we had the most delightful conversation
on our bus ride to the park. My ribbon
will be seen everywhere starting next
week at the parks and then on the 7-day
cruise. I LOVE MEETING DISers. - Lucy

Last year we camped at Fort Wilderness and right on our loop I saw a lime green ribbon.

I asked the person standing near the camper who is the internet vacation planner. The kid said my mom and then mom came out of the camper.

Funny thing is that when she told me her Dis name - I recognized it. we talked for a minute or so and that was it.

When I returned home it was very fun to read her trip report. I was actually in it!!!!

Very fun!

DD and I have worn our lime green ribbons the past 3 times we were in DW. The first time we didn't see anyone else with the ribbons and I guess they didn't see us because no one stopped us:rolleyes: The next time we went we saw a family on the monorail and the Mom was wearing her ribbon. My DD pointed to her own ribbon and yes! we all became quite excited,exchanged our Dis board names, and talked as if we were old friends. I also saw someone outside of the BC, I was by myself, but quickly got up the courage to say something and sure enough! another Dis boarder! We are going to the world again in Oct. and I will be wearing my lime green ribbon. If you see me please stop me and say hello;)

karensi-will be there in Oct. and will be wearing our ribbon. I'll be sure to say hi :)

On our last trip, we made a special trip to get ribbon. They were out of lime green ribbon, so I got pipe cleaners and but them on our back pack and diaper bag. My husband has so much fun teasing me about the dis, and just thought this was hilarious! Anyway, we never did see anyone else with lime green ribbons:( , and my husband thought this was too funny!:rolleyes:
But you can bet I will have my ribbons on again in April!

Im a newbie to the dis but catchig on pretty quick (I think:teeth: )
I am going Sept 20-27, staying at the YC. I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others. So if you see me (or my hoard) lol, pls say hi.

Hey Maci,
We will be there in April (20-27). If it is the same time I'll look for the ribbons!

I'm going to wear a ribbon the next time I'm at WDW ... but my next trip won't be until May 2003 ... but I'll keep my eyes open for fellow DISers :)

i am wearing mine say hi to me, and i don't think anyone should be afraid to say hi because if they didn't want noticed they would not wear the ribbon. say hi to all with ribbons i am keeping my eyes peeled. i will be there for part of discon 02 and i have never meet a stranger. :D

I plan to wear a lime green ribbon on my next trip & I hope someone from the will spot it and say hi!

I am new to this board - but awfully glad I found it! We will definately be wearing lime green ribbons when we are at the world Sept 10 - 18. If you see us, just come up and say hi!

Just out of curiosity -- do you all wear the ribbon when travelling to Disneyland too?

off-site 1987
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon 1994
Camp Wilderness Trailers 1996
All Star Sports 2001
All Star Movies next month!

Hey everyone, I was at Wal-mart today and got a couple of different lime green ribbons. Got a thin one and a wider one. My trip is the end of Sept so getting all the ribbons ready:p

My next trip is coming up the end of this September too (22-29). I will definitely be wearing my green ribbons again. I've worn them the past three times and have been noticed two out of three trips. However, the trip that I was not spotted, I saw the ribbon on someone else (standing in line at Buzz Lightyear!) I tied pieces of light (lime?) green curling ribbon to the BACK of my waist pouch belt and also wear some pinned to the front of my shirt. On our May 2000 trip we were scheduled to meet 10 other DISers for the Illuminations Cruise. I bought one of those button pin kits (the kind designed to hold a photo). I put DIS in it instead and added several short strands of green curled ribbon. Although it the pin made it easy to distinguish me as a DISer, I have to say that more people noticed the ribbon tied to the BACK. Think about it...you see more backs of people in crowds and standing in lines too. Please don't hesitate to go up to someone wearing the lime green ribbons. Surely they wouldn't be wearing them if they didn't want you to say howdy!

ncbyrne...Where are you staying?? There are several of us that happen to be staying at the YC....We were tossing around the idea of having a mini visit at SAB. I will be there Sept 20-27--then leaving to go to RPR Sept 27-29 to get my US fix....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter