Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021, Christmas 2021 and July 2024 Trips

Strength in numbers. Good plan.

So much better with more adults

Wow! Impressive. :worship:

She is so good at this.

And that's even more impressive!

Having Dennis pushing them really helped. Michelle kept saying over and over how well we were doing getting to the park early.

So... you're a trouble-maker, are ya?

I'm the Rebel.

Princes, princesses and Grumpy.

Exactly!

Terrific shot of all of you. :)

Thank you!

He's growing and she's getting younger.

I'll tell her you said that.

You two look like you're having fun. :)

We really were.

That sounds good. But that cinnamon bun... :faint:

It was great to have the savory and sweet treats together.

I've never seen that. I'll have to look. The restroom by Gaston's?

Yes, as you walk into the area look to your right. It's on the side of the shop.

No desire to upchuck, huh?

None whatsoever.

So she should have dressed as Ariel, instead.

And the boys could be Eric.

Nice shot. He's really turning into a young man, isn't he?

He's getting so big.

I'd be a little miffed too.

I'm holding out for Columbia Harbor House on my next trip.

Danielle is smart. ::yes::

Very.

Front row! :lmao:

I know! Not sure what they were doing but it was funny.

Really! Good to hear! Was worried about that.

I was too. I'm sure there are plenty that doing like it too.

The kids were being bad and this was their punishment?

This punishment is reserved for the adults only.

Was she wearing shorts under her dress? Or had she brought a change of clothes with her?

Yes she was.

What a great day you all had in MK. Always good when the adults outnumber the kiddos.

It was a good day! The increased number of adults really helped.

Love all the photos and the boys look like very handsome princes.

Thank you! They were very handsome.

. Kudos to Danielle for getting you organized for great line up of rides.

She did great. She was making some of these while taking a shower too.

Sounds like a lovely relaxing end to the day back at the resort too :goodvibes

It was just what we needed. I'm so happy they finally got some water time.

I love it! Hopefully he will let her do it again!

I hope so too!

That looks really good. I nice new addition!

It was good. I still need to try the Crème Brulee Croissant.

The tiny door!!!!! YEAH!!!!

I think I got this idea from you. I found it on an earlier trip but wanted to show JP.

Ha! At least he participates!

Occasionally he does.

I love how 6:30 is realy... you have been there all day, that is still a long day!

It was a long day, but I could have stayed longer. I never have enough time in MK.

Good for you! You were really on the go with the boys being so little still.

It was a challenge to have so many littles and the heat but we did our best.

This is adorable of all of you on the safari! Michelle is amazing with Bounding!

Thank you! Michelle is really good with Bounding.

I can't believe you lasted that long. You guys are troopers!

I can't believe we lasted so long too. The was the day we spent the longest time in a park.

You had a great day and got so much done! Plus it is always great to enjoy time at the resort!

I'm really happy we finally spent some time enjoying the resort.

Life Update Time

I'm sure everyone is busy with summer ending and school starting.

We've been busy helping Michelle with the boys.

I'm very sad to say that we will not be taking a Christmas Trip this year to Disney. Danielle has requested to have some vacation time at Thanksgiving and we're crossing our fingers that she gets it. She's been there since June of 2021 and has not had any Holiday time off. Hopefully she's been there long enough to qualify for some Holiday time off. Dennis wants to not go at Christmas and wait and go in January.

We're planning on going January 11th - 18th. I'm crossing my fingers that we get to be there for Festival of the Arts. I'm really sad we won't see WDW in it's Christmas finery but I'm also a little relieved not to be rushing around so much at that time of year. It's hard to do Thanksgiving, Christmas and a trip to Disney all within about a month. Danielle says she'll be ok as long as we come right after Christmas. I'm hoping the crowds will be better by this time too. I know the Marathon will be going on but we'll get there at the end. I'm sure the weather will be much cooler than it was in July.

Dennis is ready for an adult trip. The last 2 trips he has taken we have had at least one grandkid. He also stated he's all about the food this trip. We'll be driving again and I think I'm ready to get the Sun Pass cause I'm tired of getting the bills for the tolls after our trip. I'm still getting bills from our July trip since we had 2 vehicles. We're planning on 4 park days with a break day. We're going to drive down on the Saturday and crash at Danielle's that first night. We'll move to our resort the next day after we have spent some time taking care of all the little things she always needs help with when we come (mostly car maintenance stuff). She'll be working on Sunday and not request vacation time until the Monday. We're throwing ADR ideas around with nothing definite but Dennis does have some strong opinions. We may do Hoop Dee Doo Review again or a Trail ride. We loved staying at a Skyliner Resort so we'll be at Caribbean Beach this time. We didn't really like our stay there in 2021 but we're willing to give it another try partly based on @suse66 Susan's wonderful review. The last time we were there the resort was still under lots of Covid restrictions and not everything was open. I'm torn between wanting a room in a building near the Skyliner or in one of the new Little Mermaid rooms. We're booked into a Water/Pool view 5th sleeper. We stayed in Jamaica last time really close to the Skyliner station.

It always help when you have another trip to plan.

She is so good at this.
Does she give lessons?

Asking for a friend.

Okay... me.
Having Dennis pushing them really helped. Michelle kept saying over and over how well we were doing getting to the park early.
Dennis is the whip-cracker, huh? :)
I'm the Rebel.
Yes. Yes you are. :laughing:
I'll tell her you said that.
I'm sure she hears it all the time.
It was great to have the savory and sweet treats together.
I'd need some help, but it does sound like a pretty great breakfast option.
Yes, as you walk into the area look to your right. It's on the side of the shop.
Thanks. :)
And the boys could be Eric.
::yes::
I'm holding out for Columbia Harbor House on my next trip.
Stick to your guns!
This punishment is reserved for the adults only.
:laughing: True!
I'm sure everyone is busy with summer ending and school starting.
What is this summer ending you speak of...

Nooooo... I'm not ready!
I'm very sad to say that we will not be taking a Christmas Trip this year to Disney. Danielle has requested to have some vacation time at Thanksgiving and we're crossing our fingers that she gets it.
Sure hope she gets it.
She's been there since June of 2021 and has not had any Holiday time off.
She's earned her turn!
Dennis wants to not go at Christmas and wait and go in January.
Plus it'll cost... what... almost 1/2 the price?
It's hard to do Thanksgiving, Christmas and a trip to Disney all within about a month.
The smart move is to have Thanksgiving in October.

:rolleyes1
Dennis is ready for an adult trip. The last 2 trips he has taken we have had at least one grandkid.
I get that.
I'm still getting bills from our July trip since we had 2 vehicles.
Still?!?!?
We may do Hoop Dee Doo Review again
I've done it before... and would absolutely go again! :thumbsup2
we'll be at Caribbean Beach this time. We didn't really like our stay there in 2021 but we're willing to give it another try partly based on @suse66 Susan's wonderful review.
I read that TR too... I've never wanted to do CBR... but now? Hmmm...
It always help when you have another trip to plan.
<sigh>

What a great day!! You sure did get a lot done, and an early night sounds good after such a hot, busy day.

I LOVE that the boys were knighted at BBB! That is one of my favorite memories from when Jimmy was little. The second shield and sword (the ones your boys got) are definitely superior to the original one he got for his first visit. I count myself lucky to have a boy, so BBB is so cheap compared to buying for a little princess! LOL

Bummer about not being able to go to WDW for Christmas--that's my favorite time to visit, too. We were in NOLA last year for Christmas, so we have to stay home this year. But next year, the plan is to head back to Disney World!

Does she give lessons?

Asking for a friend.

Okay... me.

I need them too!

Dennis is the whip-cracker, huh? :)

Always has been. When I say something, I'm nagging. When Dennis says something they actually move.

I'm sure she hears it all the time.

Not nearly enough. She calls Dominic "her hype-man". He tells her when she's looking good.

I'd need some help, but it does sound like a pretty great breakfast option.

I couldn't do both either, it really helped that I had Dennis to share with.

What is this summer ending you speak of...

Nooooo... I'm not ready!

I am! I know you live in the frigid cold but down down we're tired of sweating.

Sure hope she gets it.

Me too!

She's earned her turn!

I think so too. I told her she should have negotiated some holiday time off when she agreed to stay.

Plus it'll cost... what... almost 1/2 the price?

Not quite but much better.

The smart move is to have Thanksgiving in October.

:rolleyes1

But what about Halloween in October, they would have to compete.

Still?!?!?

I hope I just paid the last one. I guess it depends on where you travel. I got double bills from FDOT and from Central Florida. We traveled a different toll area going back and forth to Davenport.

I've done it before... and would absolutely go again! :thumbsup2

Dennis was ready to do it again in July but it don't know how well it would have gone over with the 3 boys. Both Dennis and Danielle requested going when we started talking about this trip.

I read that TR too... I've never wanted to do CBR... but now? Hmmm...

Susan has done her job well.

What a great day!! You sure did get a lot done, and an early night sounds good after such a hot, busy day.

We were happy with our day.

I LOVE that the boys were knighted at BBB! That is one of my favorite memories from when Jimmy was little. The second shield and sword (the ones your boys got) are definitely superior to the original one he got for his first visit. I count myself lucky to have a boy, so BBB is so cheap compared to buying for a little princess! LOL

This was a must do for Michelle. She wanted JP to get a chance to do this before he was too old. The cost is soooo much better for boys. Danielle did BBB in 2010 before she got too old.

Bummer about not being able to go to WDW for Christmas--that's my favorite time to visit, too. We were in NOLA last year for Christmas, so we have to stay home this year. But next year, the plan is to head back to Disney World!

I know I'm going to miss being there at Christmas. I'm already missing sending some fall time there. This time last year I was there. Maybe next year we'll make it back and see you too.

I loved seeing your Christmas in New Orleans.

Always has been. When I say something, I'm nagging. When Dennis says something they actually move.
Maybe you need to start kicking some butt!! :laughing:
Not nearly enough. She calls Dominic "her hype-man". He tells her when she's looking good.
:goodvibes
I am! I know you live in the frigid cold but down down we're tired of sweating.
Wanna stop sweating? Come visit up here in winter. I guarantee you won't sweat!
But what about Halloween in October, they would have to compete.
It's not competing... it's enhancing.
I guess you're used to it, but I don't think I want a major holiday within less than a month of Christmas.
Yes, I get that it means the start of the Christmas season.
I hope I just paid the last one. I guess it depends on where you travel. I got double bills from FDOT and from Central Florida. We traveled a different toll area going back and forth to Davenport.
Cha-ching!
Dennis was ready to do it again in July but it don't know how well it would have gone over with the 3 boys. Both Dennis and Danielle requested going when we started talking about this trip.
I'd think the boys would like it... but might make it less enjoyable for the adults.

Wanna stop sweating? Come visit up here in winter. I guarantee you won't sweat!

I happily admit I could not handle a winter up North.

It's not competing... it's enhancing.
I guess you're used to it, but I don't think I want a major holiday within less than a month of Christmas.
Yes, I get that it means the start of the Christmas season.

It would be nice to have more time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year is going to be a really quick turnaround.

I'd think the boys would like it... but might make it less enjoyable for the adults.

I can just imagine the chaos.

I hope you are all safe. I was thinking of you when I saw where the hurricane landed.

How are you doing in this storm??? Hope you all are safe.

Thank you for asking. We did really good. The further the storm moved East the better for us.

I hope you are all safe. I was thinking of you when I saw where the hurricane landed.

We're all good!

Just wanted to check in and see that you're all safe and sound with the storm!

We are very safe.

Thank you for reaching out.

Baton Rouge seems to do pretty well when hurricanes hit here. Francine didn't pack near the punch that Ida did 3 years ago. There was a time when it was projected to go right over us, but it kept moving further East on Wednesday which put us on the Western side. The bad side of a hurricane was the Eastern side. I'm working from home this week so I didn't miss any work but my internet was awful yesterday. We only lost power very briefly on Wednesday, but it came right back on. I spoke with a customer in New Orleans yesterday and she said it really wasn't bad compared to IDA, just a lot of rain and water in the streets. I did take a claim for one customer who's rental house look it's carport and had some other damage. There are still lots in the state without power. I have several family members in Ascension Parish and by last night they had their power back on.

I will admit it was giving me throwback to 3 years ago when we were trying to fly to Disney but had to drive due to IDA shutting down the New Orleans airport. I think the airport was only closed for Wednesday this time around.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest