GF was AWESOME!....questions?

Wolverine

Tech
it was more than we were expecting...absolutley cool place...we arrived on the 4th around 7:30am and did valet parking...they did everything for us...car & luggage...we just walked in to check in...our room was not ready so we just walked around to check things out...looked at both pools..marina...ect...we REALLY liked what we saw!...got back from epcot around 3pm and our room was ready...the bell man walked with us the whole way and was really nice....took us out back and our luggage was waiting so he said climb aboard!...drove us to our bldg..it was bocha chica...we had room 8407 and after opening the door we rushed to see our view off of the balcony....any questions?

I love GF too.:D So, what was your view? Did you eat at any of the GF restaurants?

rm#8407 had a view of the entire lagoon...we were very happy with it...poly...cr...mk...we could see it all...we did 1900 for dinner and it was good but not great...it is a buffet and i dont really like buffets..we hit the food court several times for coffee...snacks ect and it was very good...the fireworks for the 4th were directly in front of our balcony!....the room was great

Oh lucky you I cannot wait for October. How did the resort look? Did you enjoy the restaurants? Could you give a little trip summary?

--->
The resort was wonderful...very clean...great staff....couldn't have asked for a better view....loved the music played in the lobby...we only ate at 1900 Park Fare....Ok if you are taking kids...would not suggest for couples....to loud!....We went to Epcot on the fourth....not crowded at all....very nice.....

Last year we stayed at WL. The day before check ing out they offered us an additional day at about half price. Was this offered to you at the GF?

Hi! Could you also see the Wedding Pavilion from your room? I'm trying to find out if it's physically possible to see the pavilion and the castle at the same time from a room at the GF, b/c I'd love to request such a room, since we are getting married at the pavilion and staying at the GF.
Thank you!
Heather P

Thanks for posting about your stay at the GF...we're getting so excited...we leave for our 10 night stay there tomorrow morning :)

MICKYMARK:no we were not offered any deal on staying longer...1/2 off would have been very tempting!

HMP2Z:from our room you could not see the wedding pav....it is towards the front / side of the resort...we did have a complete view of mk...the poly..cr...all of the lagoon!

DISNEYLISA:have fun!....you will LOVE the gf!

Hi Wolverine,
that is wonderful that you had such a great time at the GF! I stayed there 4 times, and agree that it is a great resort!
sounds like your view was spectacular! that MK view is magical!

how long where you there for?
did you enjoy the new pool?

Laura :)

PRINCESS ANGEL: we stayed 2 days....july 4th & 5th...the new pool was nice...it is much smaller than the other pool and it closed down at 8:oopm...the bigger pool was open 24 hours and was very busy around midnight when we went down for a snack...we really enjoyed the resort...the room view was just awesome!..we did NOT want to get off of the balcony!

Originally posted by hmp2z
Hi! Could you also see the Wedding Pavilion from your room? I'm trying to find out if it's physically possible to see the pavilion and the castle at the same time from a room at the GF, b/c I'd love to request such a room, since we are getting married at the pavilion and staying at the GF.
Thank you!
Heather P

I know you can see part of the WP from some rooms in the Main Bldg...

A few years ago we had a corner dormer room in Big Pine Key. There were two balconies. From the larger one you saw the Polynesian and Wedding Pavillion. From the smaller one you could see the castle.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at GF!! :) Welcome back!! :)

I love The Grand F too!!When you say food court ,you mean Gasperilla Grill dont you????

Sounds like you had a great time. We just counting down to Oct. 26 when we leave for GF. We'll probably do Park Fare at least once. How was the food at Gasparilla?

KOZMO:yes the gasparilla grill...

S&K'SMOM:the food was ok...just like most food courts...we got mostly snacks & drinks there...1900 pf was very loud and busy but the food was pretty good...kinda just like cp in mk.

Thanks Wolverine. We will be spending a lot of time at GF because we'll have two young kids with us and we will probably do a lot of resort restaurants. The food is usually better plus it gives us a chance to poke around.

We will be there in 32 more days!! You have me so excited. (yeah, like I wasn't already)

I am debating on doing 1900 for the character breakfast, any opinions??

S&K'SMOM:anytime!...we didnt eat anywhere else at the gf this trip...but hope to in the future...1900 pf has good food and your kids will like it and it is really alot like cp in mk...hope this helps!

BOUNCEYONE: 32 days!..you will have a great time and will love the gf...it is a really cool resort so be excited and glad you can do it!...1900 pf is a character meal / buffet alot like cp in mk... like i said before...very much the same..if you have kids go but if it is just the 2 of you i would do another place there or maybe epcot...and its pretty close on the monorail...

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest