Getting to know you

JK World

Mouseketeer
Hi all! This forum has been pretty dead in the months that I've been active on here, which is a shame as I love to connect with other single parents! I thought an intro thread could be fun.

My family consists of myself (34) and my son (3). No father in the picture. My parents are great and joined us on our first trip, but future trips will be just the two of us.

We last visited WDW in Nov 2017, and our next trip is Oct 2018. We stay value to stretch funds, and thanks to airline points i may be able to do an annual trip!

Tell us about your family!

I like this idea and would love to connect with more single parents who love Disney! I am not officially divorced yet but my little family is me (36), my son (15), and my daughter (7). We are going to Disney World at the end of this month for my daughter's first trip, my mom is coming with us. The only reason I can afford this trip is because I am getting a large one-time bonus from work as part of my union agreement, so we will not be going back in the foreseeable future but a girl can dream, right?

Hello! Can I stay to the get to know you post?!
I am a single mom to a soon to be 13 yr old son in August. Our next trip if things go as plan will be July 2018.

There are so many great things happening at WDW this summer, and just in time for Toy Story Land!

I am going in May with my elementary aged child. I have gone a few times before but this trip will be only my second as a single mom. It is tiring but very fun and worth it! :)

Tiring but worth totally sums up a trip! It will be my second time with just my son and I. The first time we took My mom with us. I can’t wait to see toy story land but sad the took out Honey I shrunk the kids playground. It was one of the few things I remember from my trip as a kid and was so fun watching my son enjoy it too!

I love the idea of this post. I get (I'll admit it) a bit depressed that there doesn't seem to be a lot of us. :(

I am a single mom to our daughter, Madeleine, who is 7. Her father is in the picture, we have split custody, we are legally separated but not divorced until our apartment sells, for tax reasons. We do NOT live together. He is a great dad but a miserable husband/exhusband.

Currently I live on fumes and credit cards but manage to go to Disney World 2 times a year, I am a DVC member and got that in the settlement. WOOOO HOOOO!! Score!! So I used points to fly, we have an annual pass (bought on a cc when they ran an insane special discount last year) and not sure how we are eating when there but we'll make it work. ha
Our next trip is over Mother's Day weekend and I'm surprising her the morning of- maybe filling the bathroom with balloons or something so that when she wakes up for school, she realizes she's going to the mother land!!! We love Disney!

Hi all!

I'm a single mom to two boys- 11 (nearly 12) and 9 and an 8 year old daughter.

We went to Disney last summer and their dad went with us. At that point we had been divorced over 2 1/2 years. I'm taking the kids back solo in June on what will likely be our last trip to the World for a while. They spend the summers with him as we live in different states, so we're going on our trip on their last day of school and they we're flying straight to him after the trip is over. They don't know yet about the trip and I'm worried they'll be sad he isn't going this time. But hopefully that won't cause too much disappointment!

I'm telling them two days before the trip because they'll miss their last day of school and I want them to know that so they can say goodbye to their friends and everything. BUT I cannot wait!!

I am a single mom to one biological son (10), a foster daughter (18 months) and a foster son (8 months).

my husband and I went to WDW for our honeymoon and always dreamed of sharing the World with our son. My husband passed away when our son was 9 months old. So my son's first trip to WDW was when he was 22 months old and a celebration of my husband's life. My parents went with me and my son on that trip. The next trip was a year later and a friend and her son came along. I am suprising my son this August and it will be my first trip with just my son and myself. We also plan to take a trip as soon as we adopt our foster babies. That will most likely be a year or two from now.

I am a single mom to one biological son (10), a foster daughter (18 months) and a foster son (8 months).

It's amazing that you are adopting 2 children, congrats and thank you for doing it! I hope you and your son have an amazing trip!

Divorced dad with 2 kids. We go every other June and in off year do myrtle beach or six flags etc... If you don't like Disney we wouldn't make a good couple. It's a compatability issue. Be back June 9th.. can't wait.

Single mom to a 6 year old. I'm in and out of here. Last school year was extrememly difficult (I'm a teacher) and I take classes at night, so I have slacked sadly. We're booked on our 2nd Disney cruise for next September.

Widowed mom of 2, a daughter, 15 and a son, age 8. We started going after my husband died in 2010. They were 7 and 10 months then. We have been 5 times total, the last time was August 2017. Trying to get back this August. Badly in need of a vacation

Not sure if this thread is still active, but here it goes! :-) I am a single mom of two children. DD is 10 and DS is 9. We are all Disney fanatics. We have our next trip planned for the end of September.

Widowed mom of 2, a daughter, 15 and a son, age 8. We started going after my husband died in 2010. They were 7 and 10 months then. We have been 5 times total, the last time was August 2017. Trying to get back this August. Badly in need of a vacation
I hope you make it back out!

Not sure if this thread is still active, but here it goes! :-) I am a single mom of two children. DD is 10 and DS is 9. We are all Disney fanatics. We have our next trip planned for the end of September.
We're going late October, our first MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!