Getting to know you

Hi all! Single man here to two very sweet voice. I adopted both from India. Elliott is 6 and has been home with me for almost 4 years. Rajan is soon to be six and has only been home since May. I grew up Disney and I’m looking forward to sharing the excitement with them. We are heading to the world November 8th with my parents, my brother and his family.

Hi all! Single man here to two very sweet voice. I adopted both from India. Elliott is 6 and has been home with me for almost 4 years. Rajan is soon to be six and has only been home since May. I grew up Disney and I’m looking forward to sharing the excitement with them. We are heading to the world November 8th with my parents, my brother and his family.
What a wonderful way to welcome your son to the family! We leave WDW just a few days before you arrive, have fun!

Hi!
I’m a divorced mum of three girls 6,12 & 13. We all live together in the UK and are huge Disney Fans.
Our next trip is in a few weeks for 14 nights in Oct/Nov’18. I’ll admit I am starting to get slightly worried about how I’ll cope.
My eldest has been ill and not able to access school for the last 18 months and this was her end goal to work towards and look forward to when she was better and back in school (she returned a few weeks ago, just in time!!).
After all she’s been through, and what we’ve been through as a family and seeing how far she’s come, I think as soon as we stand in Main Street I’ll cry when I look at their faces!
Even though we know the parks very well (this will be our 11th trip in 13 years),it’s the first time I’m braving it on my own with all three girls. I’m sure we’ll all be absolutely fine though, how can we be anything other.... we’ll be in Disney World right?!

After all she’s been through, and what we’ve been through as a family and seeing how far she’s come, I think as soon as we stand in Main Street I’ll cry when I look at their faces!

I'm so happy for her, I bet it's been tough on the whole family! We'll be there at the same time, although a shorter trip. Just a couple more weeks!

Recently separated mom of 2 kids (almost 8 and 12). This will be my daughter's 2nd trip, although she was 2 last time and my son's 1st trip. I am so excited to do this with them!

Hi everyone!

Mom of one here...my son is 11 years old. We last went to Disney World in Nov. 2016 with his dad (my soon-to-be ex-husband). We had been planning to return as a family again in Nov. 2020 before things imploded :confused3

My plan is to still make my little boy's dream come true and make it back, just him and me, Thanksgiving break 2020. Saving those pennies and watching my household budget like a hawk :laughing:

As of now, we plan to rent DVC points to stay Deluxe (because we have caviar taste on a Hamburger Helper budget :lmao:) and we're skipping the dining plan...paying for food OOP to save some $.

Last edited:
Hi..
Mom to four 4, 6 ( autisism ) 12 and 16.
Been separated since Xmas day 2016 when was told about his 24 yr old gf..
Bringing the four to Disney for Easter this year.. terrified lol but can’t wait
Do you think they’ll let me get a “ I’m celebrating .. my divorce pin?
Gotta laugh beats crying

Hi..
Gotta laugh beats crying
Wow, that's rough, so sorry to hear that! Your family definitely needs a vacation with some Disney magic. With the blend of bigs and littles, you'll probably be fine at the parks (assuming the big kids are good helpers). I heard crowds weren't awful this year, hopefully its the same for your trip next year!

Widowed mom of one here. My husband passed away from a brain tumor in July. Taking my 8 year old daughter on a trip next month. We have lots of happy memories at WDW and looking forward to making some more. I am working on packing lightly since I will have to wrangle the luggage on my own this time!

Widowed mom of one here. My husband passed away from a brain tumor in July. Taking my 8 year old daughter on a trip next month. We have lots of happy memories at WDW and looking forward to making some more. I am working on packing lightly since I will have to wrangle the luggage on my own this time!

Sorry for your loss .. hugs

Hi..
Gotta laugh beats crying

I would definitely support the I'm celebrating my divorce pin. Sounds like you and your sweet kiddos are better off. You'll be fine, and will make some wonderful memories with your kids.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure your trip will be bittersweet, but I think there is no better way to bring a parent and kids close than a trip to Disney. You'll be paving the way for many future trips of amazing memories!!

Hi everyone! Divorced mom to two of the best kids on the planet, (except yours of course, I'm sure they're pretty great too! :earboy2:), ages 5 and 8. We took a WDW trip with my husband at the time, last Christmas season, but were on our own for the first few days of the trip because he couldn't "get out of work". The day after Christmas I discovered what he was really working on, (his new girlfriend), so now I'm happily divorced.

I'm taking the kiddos to DL in a few weeks while we're in CA for Thanksgiving, and I'm working on buying my first DVC contract! My ex made Disney trips unhappy too many times. Now its my turn to make them awesome every single time!

Hi everyone! I am a divorced mama of two little ones, my son is 9 and my daughter is 6. We call the Baltimore, MD area home. My kids have been to Disneyworld once before with their dad, however we are going to our first time (the three of us and MY FIRST TIME!) February 11 - 16, 2019! We are staying at Pop Century.

I am beyond excited for this trip and I am already planning future trips!

I am beyond excited for this trip and I am already planning future trips!
This is where is all begins, lol! We did a "one-time" family trip last year with my parents, and just got back from our second trip, and are already booked for our 3rd. My parents don't get it, but we love Disney vacations! Pop is a great resort and the renovated rooms are very nice. Have a great trip!

Soon to be single mom of a 2 year old here! We filed divorce in mid november, and still live together until our house sells. We are having an amicable split (mostly because I'm that nice of a person and dont like to hold grudges, lets just say being married to a narcissist is a drag and divorcing one feels so freeing!!) We still have 2 vacations planned for 2019 to take our son on together. 7 days at WDW in Feb/March 2019 staying in a townhouse so no shared rooms thank goodness. And a cruise to NE/Canada as a replay of our babymoon, which sucks when you think about it, but is also awesome because we will get to take our son to some of the places that we visited when he was in the belly! We are trying to remain friendly for our son's sake, and have intentions to take a vacation with him together every year or so. His dad is already dating around again which I find really gross, and my main fear is that he tries to get his dates or random new SO in my son's face too soon. I almost want to stipulate that he's not allowed to bring anyone on the family trip unless they have dated at least a year and have met his family. Not trying to have a new flavor of the month on a family vacation. Thankfully I wont have that problem next year, and am super excited to take my son to Disney for the first time!!

We are trying to remain friendly for our son's sake, and have intentions to take a vacation with him together every year or so.
Wow, this sounds like a tough situation, best of luck! If he's already dating, you might have to deal with a girlfriend on the trip sooner than you think. Still, it's nice that you are both trying to minimize the impact on your son. I hope you have an amazing trip!

Hello everyone. Single mom of two, here. My daughter is 5, my son is 9. He is severe ADHD. Ive been to Disney world 21 times, but the last time I went I was pregnant with my son. I’ve never been as a parent.

Our trip, just the three of us, is 5/25-6/1/18. 6/11 is 5 years since we left their abusive alcoholic of a father and moved 700 miles away with nothing but what fit in my 99 Jeep Cherokee. We’ve come a long way, and I’m excited to celebrate

We’re booked at all star movies, quick service dining plan, memory maker. My mom is dropping us off at the airport (we fly in Wednesday, stay at orange lake resort with them until Saturday, they drop us off and they fly out Sunday) and magical express to the airport the following Saturday. 2 day parks, no hoppers. Planning on DAS for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts