funny addition to do you take your kids out of school

jemilah

<font color=navy>Dreaming of Disneyland every nigh
After the long discussion of taking kids out of school to take the kids to Dl , my third grader just told me his teacher will be out till Wed. because she is at Disneyland :goofy: ! See even teachers need to get away! Hope she remembers when mine are gone in May!

When my DD was in 6th grade (she's now in 9th) her teacher went to Disneyland. IMO, the difference is for teachers missing school is like your or me missing work. For a student to miss school, they chance missing important learning and not being able to catch up.

I do not see this as an issue in 3rd grade but it does become more of a problem the older the kids get. I made the choice to not take my kids out of school any longer when I say my own DD (honor student, in the gifted program) struggle after missing school for 10 days in 6th grade.

This happened to us too. I had already let the teacher/school know that she would be out for a week at WDW when I went in for the parent teacher conference. At the end of the meeting, she told us to have a great trip and that we might be seeing her the end of the week. Turns out, her DD cheers and that there was a possiblity that they would be there the end of our trip. The sweetpea kept looking out for her just in case.

Teachers in our school always seem to take a 10 day trip to Hawaii each year. Must be form the cold winters here...

This (recently retired) teacher took many days off for DL trips and also took 7 days off for a Disney Cruise! It was extra work preparing to be gone and extra work getting caught up when I returned, but I never regretted one minute of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter