Frogmommy's "Time for a change" thread - comments welcome

I know what you are going through getting rid of all the kid stuff! For me it was hardest to get rid of the crib set, changing table, etc. But I absolutely LOVE the age of my kids now (9 & 6). They appreciate things more, they can have "regular" conversations with you, it is really nice. When I was at one of my ob/gyn appointments (to see about getting my tubes tied) I was surrounded by pregnant women and little babies. I was kinda on the fence about having another one (I'm 34), but after seeing all those women, I realized that I was perfectly happy with what I had and I was making the right choice. So don't be sad about it, enjoy the memories and realize all the fun that lies ahead!

Great job not snacking yesterday! Could you please send some of that power my way???

So, first the big news is that I am now OFFICIALLY at 175, so I got to move my ticker and get a brand spanking new clippie. Woohooooooo!!!

Let's see, what did I eat today...
Go lean - 1 pt
ham sandwich - 3 pts
all bran bar - not sure but it had less fat and calories than the kashi bar which is 2 pts
Hmm, crackers probaby equaling 6 pts.
Cranberry Chicken - not sure what this would be. I found the recipe online. The fat content as listed was 22 gs, but I substituted fat free dressing for the full fat version. There really wasn't anything else in the recipe that had fat in it. I'll guess 5 pts. I probabably ate 3 oz worth.
Uncle Bens - 3 pts
green beans - 0pts
skinny cow ice cream sandwich - 2 pts
bud lite - 2 pts

I did 30 minutes of cardio today.

Amy, I really am conflicted over the baby thing, but as I think about it I realize that it would be totally selfish of me at this point to have another one. And to be honest, I already have a beautiful boy and a beautiful girl. The bond they have is magical and I am really looking forward to watching them grow up. I just need to let that happen. Besides, I need to start focusing more on my personal goals for life beyond having children, KWIM?

Congrats on the new clippie! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :yay: :bounce:

I guess your biological clock is really ticking, huh? I'm sure whatever decision you make will be the right one. Don't stress too much about it! :teeth:

Good Morning,

Congrats on the new clippie!!!!! That is awesome news!!! You are doing such a great job.. Keep up the good work!!!!

You did a good job this weekend with your eating and exercising!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Congrats on getting your 20lb Clippie!!! :cheer2: Don't ya just love the milestones. They sure help pull me thru the hard times. You're doing great & working hard!

Hi all-

Ok day today. DH is having more symptoms again. It's hard when he's sick because of his OCD. It may sound funny, but if he's sick too long or has symptoms he can't explain he starts to have fatalistic thoughts. We've been going through that a bit. It's frustrating because I can't just say "stop it, there's nothing wrong with you" when he is in fact sick. I hope it blows over soon.

Diet went pretty well today. Without writing everything out, I am right at 24 pts for the day. LOL, y'all can probably guess what I had, it's always the same. No uncontrolled snacking, though. I also got in 30 minutes of cardio. Now I'm hungry so I may eat some go lean.

Ty Jamie. It's such a relief to finally be officially at 20 lbs loss. I was in such a rut but I feel I'm over it now.

Hi Amy- yeah, every now and then I get baby fever. But then I remember what it's like not to sleep at night . . . or at all. That's a pretty good cure.

Hi Heather,

So sorry to hear the DH is not feeling well again...hopefully soon he will start to feel better. I don't have kids, but there is nothing like a sick husband/kids!!!!

Keep up the good work. You are doing a great job.

Happy Tuesday!

Hang in there! All this illness junk will be over soon. It can't last forever (even though it seems like it does! ;) )

Good job staying away from the mindless snacking. Why can't I seem to do that?!? :confused3

Congratulations on 20 pounds WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!

I hope everyone is up and going soon and over any illness and that you get a break!

Hi-

Today has been good and busy. Thankfully. I feel like my life is back to normal sortof. DH made it through almost a whole day of work and I got to leave the house with the kids. YAY.
I had a pile of volunteer stuff dropped in my lap today. Just when I thought I was finished. Grrr. I've been working on it all night and now I'm tired. DH keeps reminding me that I'm not being paid to do all this.
Food has been good today. I finally made a new batch of hummus for lunch. It's not as good as the stuff in restaurants, but this batch turned out pretty well. I went out for dinner with a friend and ate lite. Not sure of the points, but I'm guessing I've done real well. So here's the breakdown:
go lean - 1
hummus on whole wheat pita - 3
grapes - 1/2
all bran bar - 2
pretzels - 2
salad - 0
black bean soup - ? I'm thinking 3 - 5
2 pt dessert

I did 20 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of my pilates DVD. I haven't done that DVD since sometime this summer - it was easier then I remembered (though still challenging).

Ty Jamie and Amy - I hope everyone is feeling better soon too!!! I'm going stir crazy.

Jane - I think you snuck in last night while I was posting. Ty for your support!

Beth - I think you snuck in just as I was writing tonights post! GMTA I guess? Ty for your support too!!!

I'm going to bed. :wave2:

Hi Heather,

You did great eating out....sometimes it is so hard!!!!

Happy Wednesday...keep up the great work. Glad to hear that DH made it through almost the whole day....hopefully today??

Hi-

OMGoodness today was busy. Not sure how I made it through considering DD woke up several times during the night. I'm dragging now. UGH.

So food today has been good, but yesterday... :rolleyes1

Well actually it wasn't bad till dinner. I did well, no off the wall snacking. I had shrimp and a salad for dinner, so that was good. But then DH produced a VERY large peice of chocolate cake - and I ate half. Bad me, but WOW was it good.
No major mess ups today, thankfully. I am probably under for pts, which is a good thing considering yesterday.
I did 30 mins of cardio yesterday, so that was good. I didn't do anything today, just too tired. I can do double either tomorrow or Saturday, so I'm not concerned.

Hi Jamie - DH came home early both yesterday and today, but only by 1/2 hour. He's wigging out - I think that's the reason for the cake. He went back to the doctor yesterday and got some antibiotics. I hope they put his mind at ease if nothing else.

Hi-

Well my Disney mania has gone into overdrive. UGH, April 8 just needs to get here so I can stop stressing out over it!!! :crazy:

Sometimes with me it's feast or famine. I funtion well when I'm busy I guess. When I'm not I have a hard time being motivated. Weird huh? I mean, things have calmed down for me, but yet my house is a mess and I can't get motivated to do things that I've been putting off. I'm too busy wasting time. :rolleyes: In all honestly, I think the virus that swept through here really knocked me off my game and I've had a hard time getting focused again...and the upcoming trip isn't helping. I need to get it together!

I think I broke my toe. I tripped over one of my 10 lb hand weights, bending my left little toe back. I heard it crack. Owieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm in a wee bit of pain. I've broken my toes so many times over the years that I should be used to it.

Diet has been OK. Today has been fine, Thursday was fine. Last night we took the kids to CeCe's pizza, and I think I actually did ok. I had what amounted to 2 small peices and a peice of their cheese bread. Could have been worse, but I didn't eat much leading up to it.

Did 30 minutes of cardio yesterday and today.

OUCH OWWWWWWWWWW OUCH is all I can say about the toe. I hope it feels better really soon. Do shoes still feel ok?

Hi all-

I guess 1st things 1st - today was weigh in day and I am right where I was last week. This is just fine by me since I had the cake and pizza. What it means is that I have to be really serious this week if I'm going to make my goals. I can do it!

Hey Beth! The toe is definetely broken. I didn't bother going to the doctor since there really isn't much to do for it. I know the routine, lol. It doesn't hurt so much anymore that I need meds, so I decided to skip it and save my money. I have not attempted to wear lace up shoes yet. Luckily it was really warm here today so I was ok wearing sandals. Not sure what I will do about tomorrow's workout. It's cardio on the bike. I'm not worried so much about the pedaling as I am about having to wear shoes. I may wind up skipping it and doing double workouts on my next strength training day.

I was able to get in 30 minutes of upper body and ab strength training today to make up for the one I skipped last week, so that's good.

Get feeling better. I'm sorry to hear about your breaking your toe. Take things easy & get recovered!! pixiedust:

Hi all-

So today we had kind of a scare about the trip. The boosters are having budget issues and were thinking of taking DH's free room (meaning that they were going to charge us for it). Thankfully it was resolved and no changes were made. We have already contributed money towards the trip, so we were set to go with the budget as it was. If we had known about the issues before now we would have been able to contribute a little more, but to be informed about the problems (or the solution rather) at the last minute was stressful to say the least. In the end they figured out a way around it. Whew!

Today I've been busy doing all the things that I have been putting off the last few weeks. It feels good to get all that stuff behind me. I didn't workout today because of the toe. Hopefully I can get some time in tomorrow. Food was good, without any uncontrolled snacking. I'm working on my water, as always.

Jen, I am with you, I'll take maintaining any time - especially when I know my diet choices have been iffy.

Hi Jane - ty! Hopefully the toe will be better tomorrow.

I hope your toe feels even better tomorrow. Painful toes are not fun!

Hi all-

Busy busy day today. Lots of running around. On the bright side my travels took me to an unplanned trip to T.J. Maxx where I found a great lap desk for DS to take on the bus to Disney. The best part? It was only $3.00!!! :Pinkbounc It was the last one, didn't have a tag, and had some very light writing on top. I actually thought they were going to ask for at least $7.00, so I was THRILLED they came back with $3.00. I've been looking for one like it and the cheapest I'd seen was 15, not including s&h. Very happy!!

Diet was good today. I made some sausage crepes which were probably not as lean as what I usually eat (gee, ya think?), but I did everything I knew to reduce the fat content. I used 50% reduced fat sausage and rinsed it after I browned it. I sauted the onions seperately so they wouldn't soak up the fat. I used egg beaters and 1% milk for the crepes, and reduced the oil. I also used whole wheat flour and they tasted great. I found a non-stick pan and that seemed to really work - didn't use a drop of butter.

I worked out today, even though the toe is still a little sore. To be honest I am bothered more by walking then I was riding the bike. The only discomfort I had was when I was working at my peak intensity levels, and that was only because my toes were getting pushed against my shoes. It was good to get that workout in.

Hi Beth! Yeah, this is not fun. I'll be glad when I can comfortably wear shoes again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter