free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

We are in Delaware and I tried my Senator first and he said they only do tours in DC. Then I contacted my Congresman and here is the reply I received today.

Hi Margaret,

I apologize for the delayed response. Kennedy Space Center Tours are not routinely set-up by our office, so it took a few days for me to make sure I had exhausted my options and gathered the best information for you. I contacted the office of the Congressman who represents the Kennedy Space Centers district, and I spoke with that Congressmans point-person for the Space Center. Unfortunately, the staffer from that office informed me that members of Congress are not able to request personal or behind-the-scenes tours for constituents, nor can we arrange for discounted or free tickets to the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center. Of course, I wish I was able to make this happen for you and your family, but the Space Centers tours are now managed by a private company, and tours for members of Congress and their staff are strictly for informational purposes, and are not transferrable to constituents. I do know that the Kennedy Space Center sometimes runs special deals and promotions, so maybe you can find luck that way. It appears that the Kennedy Space Center has benefits and discounts for retired military veterans. You can find information on this
s program here: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/military.aspx .

I am wondering has anyone received free tickets tickets lately??
Anyone from Delaware ever get any free tickets?

Thanks for all your replies, it was worth a try.

=================================================================================================================

Yea, I got that initially as well.

When I gave them the specific contact info, they arranged the tickets. Apparently the Senators and Congressmen dont have much knowledge of this program.

Here is where they need to contact for the request:

NASA Headquarters

Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs

202-358-1067 (office)
202-358-4343 (fax)

We are in Delaware and I tried my Senator first and he said they only do tours in DC. Then I contacted my Congresman and here is the reply I received today.

Hi Margaret,

I apologize for the delayed response. Kennedy Space Center Tours are not routinely set-up by our office, so it took a few days for me to make sure I had exhausted my options and gathered the best information for you. I contacted the office of the Congressman who represents the Kennedy Space Center’s district, and I spoke with that Congressman’s point-person for the Space Center. Unfortunately, the staffer from that office informed me that members of Congress are not able to request personal or behind-the-scenes tours for constituents, nor can we arrange for discounted or free tickets to the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center. Of course, I wish I was able to make this happen for you and your family, but the Space Center’s tours are now managed by a private company, and tours for members of Congress and their staff are strictly for informational purposes, and are not transferrable to constituents. I do know that the Kennedy Space Center sometimes runs special deals and promotions, so maybe you can find luck that way. It appears that the Kennedy Space Center has benefits and discounts for retired military veterans. You can find information on this

We live in DE and tried last year. I never even got a response back so you did better than I! I tried both as well as well as our home state (we are military; I have a DE license and vote here but dh is TX) and no response from anyone

I sent a request in (PA) on 6/19 and got a response from what I'm assuming is an intern nearly the same day with the "form" to fill out and request tickets. He said he's sending the request through and going to let me know if there is availability. I'll report back when I get more info.

Hi Margaret,

I apologize for the delayed response. Kennedy Space Center Tours are not routinely set-up by our office, so it took a few days for me to make sure I had exhausted my options and gathered the best information for you. I contacted the office of the Congressman who represents the Kennedy Space Centers district, and I spoke with that Congressmans point-person for the Space Center. Unfortunately, the staffer from that office informed me that members of Congress are not able to request personal or behind-the-scenes tours for constituents, nor can we arrange for discounted or free tickets to the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center. Of course, I wish I was able to make this happen for you and your family, but the Space Centers tours are now managed by a private company, and tours for members of Congress and their staff are strictly for informational purposes, and are not transferrable to constituents. I do know that the Kennedy Space Center sometimes runs special deals and promotions, so maybe you can find luck that way. It appears that the Kennedy Space Center has benefits and discounts for retired military veterans. You can find information on this

=================================================================================================================

Yea, I got that initially as well.

When I gave them the specific contact info, they arranged the tickets. Apparently the Senators and Congressmen dont have much knowledge of this program.

Here is where they need to contact for the request:

NASA Headquarters

Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs

202-358-1067 (office)
202-358-4343 (fax)

We got ours effortlessly. Yes, my NC rep office said it was the first time they got the request, so they weren't sure how to handle it, but they actually CALLED me even before I got my letter because they said they were so happy to tell me in person that they procured 4 2-day tickets for me including parking!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

We got ours effortlessly. Yes, my NC rep office said it was the first time they got the request, so they weren't sure how to handle it, but they actually CALLED me even before I got my letter because they said they were so happy to tell me in person that they procured 4 2-day tickets for me including parking!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Who did you contact in NC? Thanks.

I just tried here in Georgia and was told that all tickets were gone for2013. Oh well

I just tried here in Georgia and was told that all tickets were gone for2013. Oh well

I was told in January that all the Ga tickets were gone as well. :( however if you are a teacher (in Ga or Fl) you can get one free ticket. In May they were running web specials and each ticket was about 35$. I hope this helps a little.

I live in southeast Michigan and sent a request for tickets to my congressman and his assistant got back to me the next day saying she could get me tickets for Kennedy space center, tours of the library of congress, Supreme Court and state Capitol! She said every state has their own NASA liaison that deals with tickets!

Who did you contact in NC? Thanks.

Mike McIntyre (NC-07)
2428 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515

I requested them very early, so not sure if they have any left. I googled my address to find out my rep. Good luck.

I just stumbled upon this thread tonight and just finished my letter and sent it out. Hopefully we will get a response with good news from the VT. congressman.:rolleyes1 Will keep you posted.:hourglass

112 days to our Disney trip.

Just received my reply,:sad2: Here is what the email says:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding your trip this fall. Unfortunately the NASA office has an automatic email response that says:
"Due to the overwhelming amount of requests, we are ONLY TAKING REQUESTS FOR JANUARY 2014 TOURS.
Constituents who are unable to receive complimentary tickets may purchase them online at
Http://www. kennedyspacecenter.com, or in person at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex."
I also called the office and they confirmed that there are no more available Congressional tickets available till next year.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I am sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

So, If anyone is able to get tickets for later in the year, I requested mine for end of Oct., I would like to know how you faired.

111 days till your trip to the World.

Just received my reply,:sad2: Here is what the email says:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding your trip this fall. Unfortunately the NASA office has an automatic email response that says:
"Due to the overwhelming amount of requests, we are ONLY TAKING REQUESTS FOR JANUARY 2014 TOURS.
Constituents who are unable to receive complimentary tickets may purchase them online at
Http://www. kennedyspacecenter.com, or in person at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex."
I also called the office and they confirmed that there are no more available Congressional tickets available till next year.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I am sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

So, If anyone is able to get tickets for later in the year, I requested mine for end of Oct., I would like to know how you faired.

111 days till your trip to the World.

I sent a request a month ago (in June) for mid December and got the same reply. I was told the they don't take request more than six months out. But still no luck. I few years ago I tried almost a year ahead. I was told to ask again about 3 months before. Of course it was too late.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does anybody know if you can still contact state representatives for free tickets?

Sorry, I just saw all the current threads on the tickets for the space center.the info is helpful.

This board has really been a huge help for us. Our Congressman's staff was unaware about getting the free tickets because no one had ever asked before. I cut and pasted all the info from this board and emailed it to her and she was really glad to get it. I don't have my tickets yet, but only because it is too early to ask. She has been very helpful and pleasant with our quest for tickets. They are only doing February 2014 now, but it is too soon to ask yet.

Forgive me for asking in case the info is already somewhere in the thread, but who does your state representative contact for the tickets? Thank you!!!!

Forgive me for asking in case the info is already somewhere in the thread, but who does your state representative contact for the tickets? Thank you!!!!

They need to contact the NASA liason in Washington D.C.. Hope you are able to get tickets. My congressmans office contacted me back the next day after sending my letter. Said tickets were gone for the time I wanted to go, Oct-Nov. If you are trying for next year I just want to wish you luck.:thumbsup2

They need to contact the NASA liason in Washington D.C.. Hope you are able to get tickets. My congressmans office contacted me back the next day after sending my letter. Said tickets were gone for the time I wanted to go, Oct-Nov. If you are trying for next year I just want to wish you luck.:thumbsup2

We are cruising in February 2014 so we are trying for then. Hopefully we will be in luck! I found the info a couple pages back in the thread...hopefully it was the most current contact info. Thank you for responding!

When I received the email back from my Congressman's office, they had contacted NASA’s Office of Intergovernmental Affairs.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest