free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

I just had luck today getting tickets for mid-August from my Congressman in Maryland. The staff person I worked with had never requested tickets for KSC before but he researched how to do it for us. I phoned the Congressman's Capitol Hill office directly instead of sending a letter to request the tickets and the turn around time was very quick. (Keep in mind that if you are mailing a request to your congressperson's Capitol Hill office, you can encounter a delivery delay due to anthrax screening.) I originally phoned the office one week ago and received confirmation that we were approved for the tickets today.

June dates are completely booked up according to NASA. Some dates are still available in July and August.

The staffer told me he will receive an email from NASA in mid-July with all the details for our visit and he will forward that on to me then.

I just had luck today getting tickets for mid-August from my Congressman in Maryland. The staff person I worked with had never requested tickets for KSC before but he researched how to do it for us. I phoned the Congressman's Capitol Hill office directly instead of sending a letter to request the tickets and the turn around time was very quick. (Keep in mind that if you are mailing a request to your congressperson's Capitol Hill office, you can encounter a delivery delay due to anthrax screening.) I originally phoned the office one week ago and received confirmation that we were approved for the tickets today.

June dates are completely booked up according to NASA. Some dates are still available in July and August.

The staffer told me he will receive an email from NASA in mid-July with all the details for our visit and he will forward that on to me then.

Congratulations:thumbsup2 Just sent you an email.
Judi

Thank you. I contacted our congressman. We really wanted to do this, but this cruise is last minute and so I wasn't willing to spend the extra money on top of the cruise fare.

If this works out for us, I will be very happy.

Just wanted to post a Thank you for the fine folks on Disboards for this great idea. We went to KSC this last Saturday after getting off The Fantasy. We requested tickets from our NC Congressman last September and they came through no problems. I was a little concerned because it was Spring Break, but I ordered them right at the 6 month mark which I guess is how far out they go.

We had a great day, saved $150 admission for the 3 of us, and also got $10 parking for FREE. no problems at all turning in our printed email confirmation for the actual tickets. We were there for a full day.

Cross that one off the list now :goodvibes

I'm just so excited that I have to post this. I requested free tickets from Congressman Mc Intyre's office last week for Cape Canaveral. They just called me to tell me in person, besides an email, that they were so happy to tell me that they got the tickets for me!!!

My husband is so excited. We asked for September 27, Friday before we depart on the Fantasy, and it was granted. :cool1::cheer2:

So, don't hesitate to write, it's worth it and it was really easy on line.

I thought this might be worth posting. We were told to ask our congressman about free tickets to Kennedy Space Center. I emailed his office, they asked us how many adults/kids and what date. I received confirmation that our free tickets are at will-call for the date we will be there.

Our tickets include:

> admission to the grounds, including all exhibits and shows
> bus tour, including observation gantry, international space station center, and apollo saturn V center
> opportunity to see both IMAX movies (I'm not sure what "opportunity" means)
> visit to the astronaut hall of fame
> tickets valid for two days of admi

It was cheaper for us to fly in on a Thursday and stay an extra night in a hotel, instead of flying in Friday for a Saturday cruise. Go figure. So we will be going to Kennedy on our extra day! :woohoo:

Thanks for the info. That is exactly the schedule we plan to follow. Fly in on Thursday and have the balance of Thursday and all day Friday at P.C. We also wanted to do Kennedy Space Center and the tix are expensive, so this will definitely help! I'll try it. Thanks again.

Tried this a few years back. Thought I would try again. I'm still in NC but I have a different Congresswoman this time. I hope that makes a difference!

I just spoke to someone in my congressman's office who told me that they don't have access to free tickets now that the space shuttle program has ended. I may try to call and speak to someone different.

I just spoke to someone in my congressman's office who told me that they don't have access to free tickets now that the space shuttle program has ended. I may try to call and speak to someone different.

Yea, that is bad information, get someone else or keep trying. I received a similar answer the first time I asked. I had to forward a request from another state so they could figure out what I was asking.

Almost a month ago I emailed my congressman. A few weeks later I received a very polite email statin they received my email, understood what I was asking, and that they had gotten in touch with Kennedy space center and were working in the tickets for my family. They also stated that it would take some time and is not guaranteed but will do their best so that we can have a pleasant and memorable trip to Florida. Very nice personalized email to us. Still waiting on word back, we aren't traveling until September anyways. I will update here if we get the yes or no on tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I spoke with a representative in our Senator's office this morning. She stated that she would be happy to submit my request and it might be 2-3 days before it was confirmed.

I had emailed the Senator's office on Friday evening. His office left a message Monday requesting additional information. They needed the breakdown between child (11 & under) and adult tickets. I am very hopeful that I will receive confirmation within the next few days that my request has been granted.

Thank you to everyone for sharing this information!

We visited KSC on Saturday, May 25th before our cruise. We had no problems at all turning in the email confirmation or using the parking permit. It was a great day especially when it was complimentary. Thanks again for sharing !!!

Hi! This is great information. We went to Kennedy Space Center about 7 years ago. We were thinking of going in November but not sure about spending the money as the Disney cruise is already stretching our budget. Free would make a visit a no-brainer though!! :cool1:

Has anyone from Pennsylvania had any luck getting the tickets? Or New Jersey? We have relatives in NJ that will also be going on the cruise and they might be interested.

Thanks for posting this on DIS!!

I just got word from our local congressman's office here in NJ (Congressman Frank Lobiondo) and they have requested our tickets for November 2013. They said that there's a limit of 4 tickets per family, so we will have to purchase one child's ticket for our family of 5. Did anyone else run into this?

I just got word from our local congressman's office here in NJ (Congressman Frank Lobiondo) and they have requested our tickets for November 2013. They said that there's a limit of 4 tickets per family, so we will have to purchase one child's ticket for our family of 5. Did anyone else run into this?

The friends we traveled with are a family of 5. They were told there was a limit of 4 tickets per family as well. On the morning of our visit, one parent went to will call to pick up the 4 tickets while the other parent purchased the extra ticket.

Anyone here in FL try this? If so what was the outcome? I could understand them not doing it for Floridians since we are "local" I guess. Just wondering is anyone here has tried :) Thanks!

The friends we traveled with are a family of 5. They were told there was a limit of 4 tickets per family as well. On the morning of our visit, one parent went to will call to pick up the 4 tickets while the other parent purchased the extra ticket.

Thanks - I was wondering if anyone else ran into this limit of 4 per family. I was hoping that all 5 of us would be free, but paying $40 for 1 child vs. $220 for the whole family is still pretty sweet! :)

We got them!! :cool1: I had written to our Congressman a couple of months ago and never received a reply. So, early today, I thought I would try again. And about 2 hours later received this from a Staff Assistant!!

"I have successfully been able to request your tickets to the John F. Kennedy Space Center for November 9th, 2013! NASA’s Office of intergovernmental affairs will contact me about month prior to the date with more information and a confirmation number that I will forward to you. The admission tickets include a second day free for use at the U.S. Astronaut hall of fame as well!" :yay::woohoo:

I was not expecting a reply so fast, if at all!! So, if you are still trying, just keep at it!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest