FREAP CHAT Part 2 ~ Everyone Welcome to our new digs

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHOES! SHOES! GLORIOUS SHOES! They always make me feel better! We should have thought of that earlier! Forget about ice, heat, pills, smudging....We should have just gone shoe shopping! Insert shoe wearing smilie here!

Sure now we think of it. I must of looked like a screwball in the store. Tears and buying shoes.:rotfl2: I wear a size kids 4. (I am only a size 3.) So I am not one to buy shoes to often. Unless I am in the mood for a new toy. Since most of the time my shoes come with a toy. So the ones I brought toady are a size 5 and half and very cute. I will be giving them to DD Shaunna. She is a shoe freak. No kidding she owns close to 300 pairs of shoes.

Sure now we think of it. I must of looked like a screwball in the store. Tears and buying shoes.:rotfl2: I wear a size kids 4. (I am only a size 3.) So I am not one to buy shoes to often. Unless I am in the mood for a new toy. Since most of the time my shoes come with a toy. So the ones I brought toady are a size 5 and half and very cute. I will be giving them to DD Shaunna. She is a shoe freak. No kidding she owns close to 300 pairs of shoes.

That is so funny, I wear a kids 3.5 or 4. I now get my son's hand me down merrell's. When I bought them for him last year, (he was 9 yrs old). I told him "take care of these, Mommy get them when you have out grown them..." Oh and I am a whole 1 inch taller than you too :goodvibes

I LOVE LOVE LOVE shoes, but since being a sahm, it's hard to justify the Nicole Millers and the BCGB I love so much (but somehow I always manage convince myself that I REALLY need them;)

Hey Kellie, I can come pop in and entertain you on Friday :3dglasses

Hey Kellie, I can come pop in and entertain you on Friday :3dglasses

I will be there. I know from about 5:30 -8:00 I was told I have down time. So instead of hauling back home John and I will be chilling and killing each other:rotfl2:

BTW...I think Jessica is gorgeous and all, but it looks kinda like she's wearing a diaper in that pic! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

....I have come to the conclusion I hate docs offices and I am going to sit here in pain and it will someday go away!:mad:
It's time to form the P.A.I.N. Club...once we figure out what that means! ;)

I am so sorry to hear about the doctor office, Madd. But don't give up....you need to be seen as soon as you can. It is disappointing when the medical profession does not respond to pain.

I feel like such a baby! I usually tolerate pain very well but not this, apparently. I haven't been sleeping well and I think that may make things seem worse. I couldn't get back to sleep this morning, after being up half the night, so I emailed a friend back and forth for awhile....she puts up with me when I am not in such a good mood. She kept telling me to call the doctor office so I did. The nurse at the surgery center said they put about 2 days worth of 'pain relief' in the knee and everybody overdoes it by the second day. Then, on the 3rd day they can't believe the pain they are feeling.

She told me to take it easy (easier) and use plenty of ice (or, in this case, peas) and to check back in with them if the swelling does not go down. Despite the way it feels, the bruising and the swelling are both going down.

DH helped me take a shower when he got home, got my dinner, and gave me half a Lortab. He has to take DS to an award ceremony in a little bit and he says I should take the other half of the Lortab before I go to bed it things aren't feeling better. I guess I really should let him live, after all. :love: I am just not used to being slowed down like this. I really thought that, since this wasn't a 'cut open' surgery, that it really wasn't surgery at all. I am very, very wrong.

Kellie, I very much wish I lived closer to you because I would be there with you and Rhonda! :hug:

I haven't been sleeping well and I think that may make things seem worse. I couldn't get back to sleep this morning, after being up half the night, so I emailed a friend back and forth for awhile....she puts up with me when I am not in such a good mood.

ugh- I know what you mean about sleeping. I have not slept well in over a week. It is either has to be on my back or stomach- I ALWAYS slept on my left side- and I miss it:guilty: :rotfl2:

Somehow it just seems like even if I do sleep a little, I am still aware I am in pain :confused3

BTW...I think Jessica is gorgeous and all, but it looks kinda like she's wearing a diaper in that pic! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I didn't find those particularly attractive, either..kinda like bikini gramma panties..:scared: guys? how about it...do you like em?

It's very quiet in here this morning! I hope that means that everyone is actually getting some shuteye.......
I'll be very, very, quiet! shhhhhh

It's very quiet in here this morning! I hope that means that everyone is actually getting some shuteye.......
I'll be very, very, quiet! shhhhhh

I am actually trying to get some work done- :laughing:

I am feeling about 50% better now! It just......happened.

This morning I woke up and I was laying on MY SIDE! I have no idea how I got that way since I have only been able to sleep on my back and stomach:banana:

I hope our other freaps are feeling better (mentally:hug: or physically:yay: ) today!

Yay Madd:banana: I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm just hanging out with the wee folk(no, not leprauchans they would be better behaved:rotfl2: ). We're waiting on a big ice storm that is supposed to hit today. Sounds like a good day for veggie soup.:goodvibes

can i join the party????? Ill bring the cocktail shrimp !!!:cool1: :cool1:

You guys have so much fun on here...i wanna play too !!!!!

Beats doing laundry :laundy: (i just wanted an excuse to use that smiley)

I am actually trying to get some work done- :laughing:

I am feeling about 50% better now! It just......happened.

This morning I woke up and I was laying on MY SIDE! I have no idea how I got that way since I have only been able to sleep on my back and stomach:banana:

I hope our other freaps are feeling better (mentally:hug: or physically:yay: ) today!
Oh, good for you! I am also a 'side sleeper' and I have to lay flat on my back with my leg up higher than my heart. :headache: What a relief for you to feel that much better! :goodvibes

I hope everyone is doing much better today, too! Are the colds and flu subsiding? I hear they feel the flu shots were 'unsuccessful' this flu season and they are going to try to do better next time. :rolleyes:

I :love: cocktail shrimp! :thumbsup2

Oh YAY! I just made some bean and veggie soup and I have bread in the maker! It'll be a get well party! :wizard:

BTW...I just caught the tail end of Family Fued and they had "look alikes" WELL, they had a Johnny Depp look alike....BUT EEEEWWWWW...the poor guy didn't even come close!

Yay Madd:banana: I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm just hanging out with the wee folk(no, not leprauchans they would be better behaved:rotfl2: ). We're waiting on a big ice storm that is supposed to hit today. Sounds like a good day for veggie soup.:goodvibes

We had a little snow yesterday and it is FA-REEZING today! It is supposed to be a mess tomorrow, snow, sleet, rain. I have to go to the store for real shopping after work- I wish they made a pill to ward off the freaks who will be shopping b/c of the 1" of snow they are predicting to start tonight. Oh, yeah, It is called Ativan! I better start getting iit into my system NOW!:rotfl2: T minus 3 hours to freak shopping! ugh!:scared1:

DH said to pickup a London Broil for dinner, he also wants mashed potaotes and spinach. THAT does not sound like a nice warm and "toasty" dinner. :sad2: Maybe I will grab a baguette and see if he just wants some soup tonight too!:rotfl2:

Welcome! You can play! Everyone is welcome!:grouphug: You may have to fight a few freaps for a room- seems like some of them are trying to ditch the family:rotfl2: ....are you hiding from anyone!:eek:

BTW...I just caught the tail end of Family Fued and they had "look alikes" WELL, they had a Johnny Depp look alike....BUT EEEEWWWWW...the poor guy didn't even come close!

Poor guy:rotfl2: I hate impersonators, I can care less if someone LOOKS like him- I want the REAL thing-

It's like settling for cheap, waxy chocolate when you can have Hershey's!!! Why bother? :confused3 (Hersheys is my fave- that is where that analogy came from!:laughing: )

Oh, good for you! I am also a 'side sleeper' and I have to lay flat on my back with my leg up higher than my heart. :headache: What a relief for you to feel that much better! :goodvibes

So- how are you feeling- do you think you really messed up the knee when you got up- or it was just the pain meds wearing off and that is why you really felt it??

Yay Madd:banana: I'm glad you're feeling better.

I am almost certian it was the "virtual" smudge smoke that did it:thumbsup2

Who needs prescription RX when you have "virtual" smudge smoke from this thread- it's a cure all I tell ya!
smoke-1.gif
*hack-hack*

hee hee
peacesmilly.gif

Hey, I forgot to say thanks for the Irish Yoga pic. I copied and sent it to all my friends and it was a huge hit. We all do yoga and one of my friends is a yoga instructor. AND, almost all of us are beer drinkers too!! :drinking1 I may save the "Move along Hippie" one too since that's pretty appropriate for everyone I know as well.:hippie:

Hey, I forgot to say thanks for the Irish Yoga pic. I copied and sent it to all my friends and it was a huge hit. We all do yoga and one of my friends is a yoga instructor. AND, almost all of us are beer drinkers too!! :drinking1 I may save the "Move along Hippie" one too since that's pretty appropriate for everyone I know as well.:hippie:

Marna- I may have posted a pic of it on the "other side"a long time ago- but I got this awesome metal sign, at Michaels of all places, that reads:

HIPPIES USE BACKDOOR

I have it in my kitchen- I love it!:hippie:

We had a little snow yesterday and it is FA-REEZING today! It is supposed to be a mess tomorrow, snow, sleet, rain. I have to go to the store for real shopping after work- I wish they made a pill to ward off the freaks who will be shopping b/c of the 1" of snow they are predicting to start tonight. Oh, yeah, It is called Ativan! I better start getting iit into my system NOW!:rotfl2: T minus 3 hours to freak shopping! ugh!:scared1:

DH said to pickup a London Broil for dinner, he also wants mashed potaotes and spinach. THAT does not sound like a nice warm and "toasty" dinner. :sad2: Maybe I will grab a baguette and see if he just wants some soup tonight too!:rotfl2:

Welcome! You can play! Everyone is welcome!:grouphug: You may have to fight a few freaps for a room- seems like some of them are trying to ditch the family:rotfl2: ....are you hiding from anyone!:eek:

Poor guy:rotfl2: I hate impersonators, I can care less if someone LOOKS like him- I want the REAL thing-

It's like settling for cheap, waxy chocolate when you can have Hershey's!!! Why bother? :confused3 (Hersheys is my fave- that is where that analogy came from!:laughing: )

You would fit right in here Madd, we have oodles of Hersheys here and god forbid if I run out!!! I keep a private stash in the freezer for emergency purposes - ya know earthquake, snowstorm, visit from my mother, etc.

Gotta love Freak shopping - nothing like Freap shopping! Don't forget the bread, milk, and eggs :confused3 I've had to stop for 1 or 2 of those items coincidentally when we are due to get snow and forget it, you can only find the weird options that are left....low fat/low carb/no taste english muffins, or a combination of bran/corn/alfalfa bagels. No regular bread to be found.

As for the dinner option Madd if he doesn't want the soup just smack him with the baguette and tell him "wrong answer, try again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter