Four days at Disneyland; how would you split them up?

hrvoje

Earning My Ears
I'm excited to be able to spend four days at Disneyland, from April 23 - 26 (Tuesday to Friday).

Hotel is booked, now am trying to decide how to split the days up. Inclination is one day DCA and three days at Disneyland, but am open to feedback re: same. Have never been to Disneyland before.

Thank you.

I'm excited to be able to spend four days at Disneyland, from April 23 - 26 (Tuesday to Friday).

Hotel is booked, now am trying to decide how to split the days up. Inclination is one day DCA and three days at Disneyland, but am open to feedback re: same. Have never been to Disneyland before.

Thank you.

We always get parkhoppers so we alternate which park we start in and hop to the other park as desired.

If you are staying at one of the onsite hotels, then I would start your day in whichever park has early entry, if you are not then I would do the opposite.

Depends on your budget but....I like park Hoppers

If you are just doing one park a day then Disneyland, Disneyland, DCA and Disneyland

If your going to get a park hopper then I'd do two day mostly at Disneyland and two days doing DCA/Disneyland at 50/50 split

Both parks are within a thousand feet of the other

Are you traveling with kids? If so, what are their ages?

In general, I consider DCA much less fun than DL. I love things about it but there just isn't enough for me, an older adult with no kids along, to want to spend a whole day there. They've also removed some of my favorite things, in particular, the musical shows that used to play in the big theater (Aladdin and Frozen). They briefly brought back a scaled-down production (Rogers the Musical) but there has been nothing there for ages now and I've not heard of any plans for it going forward, which is a huge shame.

Carsland is cute but I don't spend much time there. I don't have much interest in it, though I think Radiator Springs Racers is wonderful. In general, CL is geared to younger kids and their parents. I can appreciate the detail and the excellence of the Imagineers who created it but there's not much I like to DO when I'm there.

Also don't go in the back part of DCA where the "carnival" rides and younger kid things are. In general, I don't find a lot to do in DCA except for dining and strolling and a couple of rides I love.

If you have younger kids, though, it's a great place! Redwood Creek Trail is awesome, and the short parades & general atmosphere is pretty cool for kids. It's also good for a day if you've never been there before.

Anyway, I feel like DL itself has so much for everyone that I wouldn't dedicate a lot of time to DCA. If you have hoppers, then you can check it out or go over and do something in particular without having to stay all day. Otherwise, I'd echo what others have said and use most of your days for DL.

And the suggestion to be sure and check ahead about after-hours events is a great one, as that can be an unpleasant surprise if you have a 1-park-per-day pass for a park that closes early.

"Are you traveling with kids? If so, what are their ages?"

This is a solo adult trip.

One of the things I'm really looking forward to in DCL is the Animation Academy. Planning to do a least a couple drawings there.

Animation Academy is great! So is the pier/Boardwalk. Yes some of the rides are for kids but there’s a lot to miss if you avoid that area entirely. Midway is a fun ride, the Ferris wheel is great and offers fantastic views at the top, although as a solo rider you’re likely to get seated with others.
Us older adults still enjoy the little mermaid ride, and I’ll cram myself into a symphony swings seat as it’s an experience with the music. We like emotional whirlwind when the line is short as the sound track that goes with it can be hilarious. The beer garden area has some good eats and corn dog castle offers the best corn dogs between the two parks (sorry little red wagon but they have you beat). Best churros are by midway/ferris wheels.

If I was traveling solo I don’t know how’d I split up each day but I’d start at least one day at DCA. You can knock out almost all the rides before noon and then explore the other aspects of the park.

I find the food better at DCA as well, so take that into consideration as well.

Lamplight lounge is a must to try and get reservations for. Brunch is better than dinner but both are good.

All said….you can spend more time in DL as it’s so dense and there’s something crammed into every nook and cranny.

I like to bookend my trip....I start with DL, then DCA, then DCA again, and end with DL. Nothing like beginning and ending with the castle in mind. It also depends a lot on the hours for the parks each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter