For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

I thought we had to print the contract. I don't believe I've rented from Alamo before. Will doing all of this on my phone work for me without printing anything?

Many people have reported that they have just given there phone to the person at the gate. I don't believe you will have any problem at all.

I thought we had to print the contract. I don't believe I've rented from Alamo before. Will doing all of this on my phone work for me without printing anything?
Yes. Alamo sends you an email after you do the skip the counter check in that had the necessary barcode in it.

Also, there are four of us and will each have a medium to large suitcase plus a small carryon. What if we get to the lot and the only cars left in our category are to small for everything. Can we pay the attendant at that time to upgrade to a larger vehicle?

Yes. Alamo sends you an email after you do the skip the counter check in that had the necessary barcode in it.
It this immediate? Should I wait to do online checkin at the car garage? or should I do this as soon as we land or prior to flying?

Also, there are four of us and will each have a medium to large suitcase plus a small carryon. What if we get to the lot and the only cars left in our category are to small for everything. Can we pay the attendant at that time to upgrade to a larger vehicle?

IMO, that would be playing a risky game. Yes, sometimes even minivans might show up in the compact aisle, but your really need to reserve a class of vehicle at least the size you need. The inventory can get pretty thin at times. The attendant in the garage might be able to upgrade you, might not.

The other thing you could do is have a second reservation with a vehicle of a larger class, then check out the inventory in the smaller class and see if anything meets your needs. If not use the other reservation. Not sure how that would all work with saving time doing online checkins, etc.

It this immediate? Should I wait to do online checkin at the car garage? or should I do this as soon as we land or prior to flying?

I generally do the online checkin the day before. Emails are usually pretty quick, but I don't see a reason not to do it earlier. Even though you give credit card and drivers license info (also easier to do on a computer, not a phone), it isn't binding, so even if you're a noshow, you won't get charged.

We have midsize reserved with a free upgrade. The upgrade shows standard but since Alamo doesn't have a standard, I assumed the upgrade will be to midsize SUV. At least that is how I am interpreting it. Am I correct?

it isn't binding, so even if you're a noshow, you won't get charged.
That was my next question. If we do online checkin prior to traveling, I could actually print out the contract, but I was worried about flight canceling, illness, etc. I wanted to make sure I could still cancel or modify my reservation once I did online checkin and skip the counter.

IMO, that would be playing a risky game. Yes, sometimes even minivans might show up in the compact aisle, but your really need to reserve a class of vehicle at least the size you need. The inventory can get pretty thin at times. The attendant in the garage might be able to upgrade you, might not.

The other thing you could do is have a second reservation with a vehicle of a larger class, then check out the inventory in the smaller class and see if anything meets your needs. If not use the other reservation. Not sure how that would all work with saving time doing online checkins, etc.

I highly recommending having two reservations also. Do the online check in and skip the counter once you get there. You will get an email with the bar code and also once you check in and skip the counter you will get a bar code that will come up on the screen. Just hand that do the attendant at the gate when you leave.

We have midsize reserved with a free upgrade. The upgrade shows standard but since Alamo doesn't have a standard, I assumed the upgrade will be to midsize SUV. At least that is how I am interpreting it. Am I correct?

I think not. A midsize upgrade would be to standard. Standard upgrade would probably be to premium.

It will be full size car.

That was my next question. If we do online checkin prior to traveling, I could actually print out the contract, but I was worried about flight canceling, illness, etc. I wanted to make sure I could still cancel or modify my reservation once I did online checkin and skip the counter.

Do the online check in and then the skip the counter when you arrive and see what car your going to get unless you are fine with the category that you have chosen. If you are good with the category you have chosen then you can do the online check in and skip the counter once your plane arrives and you should get the email pretty quickly.

And a full size will for the 4 of us and 4 pieces of luggage?

Personally I think it will be tight for the luggage depending on the type of luggage. If you have 4 large pieces of luggage that are required to be checked I don't think you will have enough space. If you have 4 carry on luggage then you will be fine. Luckily with Alamo you get to pick the car that's right for you so you just have to pick what works well for you. There is reports that there has been full size trucks in some aisles so if all your doing with the luggage is getting it from the airport to the hotel and won't be leaving it out in the car you could grab that and throw the luggage in the back. If your worried about not having the right fit for you then I recommend two reservations with a larger vehicle if you might need it. I will be honest though that even a mid size SUV has about the same trunk space as some full size cars.

Okay. I went ahead and changed my reservation to "standard" which upgrades to "full size." I'm sure at least two pieces of luggage would fit in trunk or back. Worse case scenerio, the kids will have to hold their luggage on their laps. lol

Okay. I went ahead and changed my reservation to "standard" which upgrades to "full size." I'm sure at least two pieces of luggage would fit in trunk or back. Worse case scenerio, the kids will have to hold their luggage on their laps. lol

Yeah it won't be too bad for a short ride.

I also made a reservation for a standard SUV but I hate to pay the additional money if we don't have to. So am I correct in that we can just go to the lot and if we see a large enough vehicle in the full size lot, at that time, I can log on and checkin and skip the counter?

I also made a reservation for a standard SUV but I hate to pay the additional money if we don't have to. So am I correct in that we can just go to the lot and if we see a large enough vehicle in the full size lot, at that time, I can log on and checkin and skip the counter?

Correct. I have actually gone to the car that I want and got everything put into the car and done my online check in from the car but be advised that some locations do have workers waiting to see your conformation page to direct you to the right section to go to but sometimes you can just tell them what section your going to and they will just point it to you.

Silly question, but where is the Alamo parking garage? I am somewhat familiar with MCO. We will be getting our luggage on the Southwest side of the terminal. Then where do we go? And has anyone ever been giving an additional driver option for free?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!