For the 1st time in forever, I don't own a diesel pickup

Looks good. Do you plan to bring the trailer when you travel always? Class A life is intriguing to have a car to zip ahead of the rig, but 5th wheel life is here for a while for me

Looks good. Do you plan to bring the trailer when you travel always?
Jack,

We will always bring a car. We like to sight see and check out the area when we are camping. DW would prefer we bring her Explorer. I'm not concerned about getting it on the trailer. The RS sits low and has a splitter on the nose that sits about 4 in off the ground. I knew I would need to do something to get it on.

j

Ah, I see. Explorer-flat tow, delicate car that DW "loves"-trailer. Similar to me with the Monte Carlo. Gets me in trouble

First camping trip of the year. The new coach is working well. It is sunny and near 70 today so I got a chance to try out all the A/Cs. They were the only thing I didn't get a chance to check because it has been too cold.

Our friends that are full timing in NC are back up in Central Illinois for a couple of weeks. Nothing fancy here, but it is only an hour from home.

20210403_142034_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20210403_142113_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20210403_142051.jpg

j

I'm probably the only one without an outside TV.

Well we have one, not sure it is worth much. It is small and in a lower compartment. So unless you are all sitting in beach chairs in a pre-covid circle, you are not going to see much. But then I don't follow sports other than Football, so most of camping season, no reason for tv.

I used to have a outside tv, it sat on the table outside the pop up. Your set up is just slightly better.......

I have never used or found a need for the outside TV. Maybe if I had it I would use it. But outside speakers do just fine for my needs.

Looks great and glad you are enjoying it!!

I wanted to show you that I practice what I preach about weighing your rigs. On the way home from picking up the coach, I stopped by Flying-J to get an empty weight.

The GVWR is 32,400 lbs. 12,400 on the front axle and 20,000 on the rear. Here is the "empty" weight. We had a full tank of fuel (100 gallons) and 3/4 propane (38 gallon tank) but everything else was empty, including the water heater. Both weights included DW and me.

20210404_161525_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Heavier than I thought it would be, but still room for "stuff".

I put everything I had in the old 5er into this PLUS things I didn't have room for in the old rig (beach stuff, Mickey Lamp, extra chairs). This slip was fully loaded, de-winterized, so water in the lines, water heater (16 gallons) and the equivalent of a full fuel tank. (3/4 fuel, 1/4 fresh water- both 100 gallons). The black and grey were empty, but we have food and clothes for the weekend with us.

20210404_161543_copy_2016x1134.jpg

A little less than I was expecting. Even adding in 800 lbs of fuel/water, it still leaves capacity for the trailer tongue weight, another passenger or so and a little more "stuff".

j

Glad we back up and running. Noticed we lost just about all posts from Sunday.

There's probably an overnight backup that occurs and we lost the most recent one done after the hack (or we didn't want to keep it).

I gave a very enlightening and pithy response about biking into St. Augustine's Historic District from Anastasia State Park which, tearfully, got lost in the restoration. :sad: It was the epitome of a fantastically concise, helpful, and accurate response of the kind that only occurs here on the DIS Camping Board (and its subs). With its witty, dry, and winking sense of humor it conveyed in the very essence of those few sentences (well, more than one) the helpful nature that this board is famous for over the last decade.

It's either that or I'm just glad to be here. Again. :crazy:

Me

PS - and Hey Jim, nice picture of you and DW. And thanks for bringing facts and data (the weigh-in printouts) to the discussion.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter