Follow Me! I Will Lead Us Into Battle! A Thanksgiving 2013 TR *COMPLETE*

Holiday Wishes started. The perimeter fireworks were VERY cool, and I loved the music, but I definitely prefer the narration and music of regular Wishes. I didn’t get the usual lump-in-my-throat that I do during Wishes, but I still loved it.

We watched both Holiday Wishes and regular Wishes from the Wilderness Lodge beach last December - just about the same time that you were there. Holiday Wishes was much prettier, with lots of red fireworks and these really cool fireworks shaped like Christmas presents. We are going back to the WL in October and I am looking forward to seeing Halloween Wishes, something we have never seen before. We might even buy tickets to the Halloween party just so we can see the parade. I've heard great things about it.

ETA: I went back to my journal for our December trip and it turns out that we watched the Holiday Wishes fireworks from the beach on Dec 1st, the same night that you were at the party. The EWP was going on at the same time as the fireworks, which was really cool.

Ahh my love Celebrate the Magic, great pictures! I loved the holiday overlay too!

I agree Holiday Wishes didn't have the best soundtrack but the fireworks were incredible, I loved the perimeter ones!

Oh my gosh those pictures of Genie are so cute, he's all like "oh hey!" :rotfl:

Abu loved ears! He stole mine when I met him! :rotfl: I agree Aladdin is hilarious, when I met him he seemed so confused about everything which was great! And I loved Abu so spunky! Looks like you ladies had a great meet and greet!

Celebrate the Magic is just too wonderful!

Those perimeter fireworks were amazing. I wish I had gotten better pics of them but the ones I took came out very blurry.

Oh my gosh, Genie is awesome. I really wish we had time to meet both but it just wasn't in the cards this time.

It really was amazing! I'm glad you had a great experience with them too, they're the best!

That's the only thing I don't like abut Celebrate the Magic. To REALLY appreciate it, you need to be up close, but then to REALLY appreciate Wishes (or Merry ChristWishes), you need to be back a bit. Quite the conundrum.

I'm with you on Holiday Wishes. Its pretty spectacular and the perimeter fireworks are AWESOME, but it just doesn't have the emotion of Wishes. :thumbsup2

So glad you got a great meet with Aladdin and Abu. Genie and Jas were my goal, so it's good to have options ,lol.

It really is troublesome, especially since there's not a lot of time between the shows to move around. I guess you just have to see them multiple times per trip...:rolleyes1

Yeah, I'm not sure anything could pack the emotional punch Wishes does for me. Such pretty fireworks, though.

Haha I really wish I could have met both! I love them all so much but Abu is just too darn cute, so that was my top choice.

awesome meet. I love it when the cast members are fun and interact with us. We had an awesome Belle a few years ago. She was great with Riley and Joaquin. :cool1:

Ahhh Belle is my number one favorite princess obviously so I'm glad you had a great meet with her! I've never had a bad experience with her :goodvibes

I just love love love that Celebrate the Magic show on the castle. I think that will fall under your domain in your future job there?

Kylie is the best for getting thru crowds. That one time we stayed for Illuminations and she had us back in the car in about 10 minutes.

And I love the Prince Ali outfit. I don't know why they don't bring him out in that more often. Aladdin is always a great meet. And who doesn't love to kiss the monkey?!

So good! I do believe that is considered a spectacular so that would be very cool.

Kylie does rock at that! She'll have to use that expertise in July to get us back to the bus.

The Prince Ali outfit is awesome!

We watched both Holiday Wishes and regular Wishes from the Wilderness Lodge beach last December - just about the same time that you were there. Holiday Wishes was much prettier, with lots of red fireworks and these really cool fireworks shaped like Christmas presents. We are going back to the WL in October and I am looking forward to seeing Halloween Wishes, something we have never seen before. We might even buy tickets to the Halloween party just so we can see the parade. I've heard great things about it.

ETA: I went back to my journal for our December trip and it turns out that we watched the Holiday Wishes fireworks from the beach on Dec 1st, the same night that you were at the party. The EWP was going on at the same time as the fireworks, which was really cool.

I've heard Hallowishes is the absolute best fireworks show Disney has so you'll have to tell me if you love it! I really need to stay at WL someday, it's my dream resort for a Christmas trip.

That is so awesome we were watching Holiday Wishes at the same time! The EWP is on my must-do list, that must have been so cool to see it at the same time as the fireworks!

PTR Post #2: Park Days and FP+

Hi everyone! It's finals week for me so I have been studying and writing and studying and writing and trying to enjoy my last week with my college friends. Phew. So no real TR update this week. BUT last night at midnight my mom made our FP+ reservations and she, as always, did an amazing job. What would we do without her? Probably just the Enchanted Tiki Room since we wouldn't have Fastpasses for anything. But anyway.

On a side note, I was trying to explain FP+ to my boyfriend who hasn't been to Disney since he was eight (he's 20 now). He asked if it was a competition between crazy Disney people to get Fastpasses. I said yes.

ANYWAY, our FP+ itinerary is as follows. I'm not giving specific times because ~stranger danger~ but obviously if you are at WDW at the same time and want to meet up then DM me!

Sunday, July 6: Disney's Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Mania
The Great Movie Ride
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Monday, July 7: Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest
Finding Nemo

Tuesday, July 8: Magic Kingdom for KYLIE'S BIRTHDAY!
SEVEN!! DWARFS!!!! MINE!!!!!! TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Space Mountain

Wednesday, July 9: Epcot
Soarin'
The Seas
Spaceship Earth

Thursday, July 10: Magic Kingdom
Meet Anna and Elsa (WE DID IT, GANG! No four-hour wait for us!)
Splash Mountain
Peter Pan's Flight

Friday, July 11: Disney's Hollywood Studios
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Star Tours

Saturday, July 12: Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Kali River Rapids

See what I mean? All my favorites are in there. Life is beautiful. 60 days until we arrive!!!

Continued in next post

Wow, nice score on the FP's Courtney, or should I say, Mom!! And MINE TRAIN for the birthday day... AWESOME!! And snagging an Anna/Elsa pass. Those have been tough. Good job!

Awesome choices! And so jealous you are going to get to meet Anna and Elsa!

Good luck with finals!

Just found your TR extremely late, but have loved reading through it. You guys look like you have a ton of fun and your pictures are great! Your love for Mickey and the Princesses is awesome!

I clicked into your birthday post, and we share the same Dec 30 birthday! :)

I am going to sub into your Pre-TR for July and can't wait to hear more about your adventures. :)

I have been trying hard to catch up on all my TRs so I have been doing a lot of reading and not a lot of commenting. BUT I had to comment on this to tell you this made me :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

PTR Post #2: Park Days and FP+

ANYWAY, our FP+ itinerary is as follows. I'm not giving specific times because ~stranger danger~

Props to your mom scoring Mine Train and A&E FPs!!!

Wow, nice score on the FP's Courtney, or should I say, Mom!! And MINE TRAIN for the birthday day... AWESOME!! And snagging an Anna/Elsa pass. Those have been tough. Good job!

Mom did such a great job. I knew Anna and Elsa would be the trickiest, but she can do anything :goodvibes

Awesome fastpass choices mom..... Danielle always picks awesome ones for us too. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks! She did a great job!!

Awesome choices! And so jealous you are going to get to meet Anna and Elsa!

Good luck with finals!

I'm so excited to meet them in Fairytale Hall, and without a four hour wait haha.

Thanks! I just finished today and they went well so I can get back to my regular DISing!

Just found your TR extremely late, but have loved reading through it. You guys look like you have a ton of fun and your pictures are great! Your love for Mickey and the Princesses is awesome!

I clicked into your birthday post, and we share the same Dec 30 birthday! :)

I am going to sub into your Pre-TR for July and can't wait to hear more about your adventures. :)

Hi!! Thank you so much for joining in! I have so much love for the Disney characters :goodvibes

Ahhh that's so awesome we share a birthday!

Thank you! I'm so excited to be two months out. We have so many great plans :goodvibes

I have been trying hard to catch up on all my TRs so I have been doing a lot of reading and not a lot of commenting. BUT I had to comment on this to tell you this made me :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Props to your mom scoring Mine Train and A&E FPs!!!

WELCOME BACK! Bahahaha, safety first :thumbsup2

She did a great job! So excited :goodvibes

Just randomly found your trip report. So many laughs. Looks like a great trip!

Welcome!! Thank you so much for reading and enjoying my TR!

Dear Courtney, I do believe I will NEVER catch up, but I wanted to send happy wishes to your Mom, who has raised you to be an EXTRAORDINARY lady!!

For Courtney's Mom:

file_zpsab276345.jpg

Dear Courtney, I do believe I will NEVER catch up, but I wanted to send happy wishes to your Mom, who has raised you to be an EXTRAORDINARY lady!!

For Courtney's Mom:

file_zpsab276345.jpg

Don't even worry about catching up, I know how busy you are! Thank you for the kind words and the beautiful graphic :grouphug:

Chapter Twenty-Six: Once Upon a Christmastime at Christmas

It was getting close to parade time, so we met up with our interpreters in Liberty Square. I totally forgot about this, but I loved this man's light up tuba.

11391199563_9cfbff814f_c.jpg

We got to chat with the interpreters for a bit and they were SO sweet. They are absolutely some hidden gems of WDW. They make so many people’s lives so much easier at WDW and I know my family is grateful for them.

The parade started, and I immediately understood why this is my mom’s favorite parade. I’m pretty sure it’s mine too.

First of all, THE SONG. IT’S SO CATCHY. Go put it on, just YouTube “Once Upon a Christmastime soundtrack.” I’ll wait. I actually avoided the soundtracks of the holiday music until I got to Disney because I wanted to be surprised, so I won’t be offended if you don’t listen to it, but if you’re interested, it’s my new favorite parade soundtrack.

11391076266_f601f961f1_c.jpg

11391075065_db37c41893_c.jpg

Next, the floats are incredible. I had seen them on TV for years, but seeing them in person was a whole new world of Christmas magic. They even smelled like cookies and candy in parts!

11391073326_26d4944def_c.jpg

11391195163_cd803453f7_c.jpg

11391192333_7966ffd119_c.jpg

Chip and Dale threw snow at us. PARTY FOUL.

11391068455_2abefe35ee_c.jpg

Because we were in the ASL section and no one was in front of us, we got lots of high fives.

I don't have a picture, but a boy with a British accent wished us Happy Holidays. It took me a minute but then I realized…IT WAS CHRISTOPHER ROBIN!!! WHAAAAAT. That was amazing, since I have never seen him out.

PRINCESS TIME!

11391066366_5746c29425_c.jpg

11391091704_c8bc9861ec_c.jpg

11391064986_9803e3d4e6_c.jpg

11391188023_3ed0906a15_c.jpg

RED DRESS BELLE!

11391062985_37c1c1227b_c.jpg

11391062235_34f4a55a4e_c.jpg

The Fairy Godmother signed “I love you” to us. She always does and it always warms my heart.

11391060795_4c92797117_c.jpg

Continued in next post

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Let Your Heart Be Light

All I can think of when I see this float is Josh from Easywdw talking about how Goofy has to pedal his own float.

11391059085_a669ee3918_c.jpg

11391058465_4f61b7f8c5_c.jpg

11391180013_c4c39659e9_c.jpg

11391055366_ae9ff23ec2_c.jpg

11391178583_3236599537_c.jpg

11391177253_f2a24dc4e6_c.jpg

Of course, it wouldn't be Christmas if you didn't get some toys!

11391051935_2668ff8685_c.jpg

TOY SOLDIERS!!

11391049606_d74ac9344f_c.jpg

11391049225_d8a156f33a_c.jpg

11391047955_09c22b71f9_c.jpg

The parade ended with the big guy himself.

11391170863_5985bcd22b_c.jpg

11391046685_dc16c6fd30_c.jpg

11391044586_4273b2d74e_c.jpg

This parade was my favorite part of the whole party. I just thought it was pure Christmas joy and Disney magic and could not recommend it enough if you are going to WDW during the Christmas season.

Continued in next post

Your pictures of the Christmas parade make me really want to get there for Christmas time. I haven't been at that time of year yet, but hope to go next Christmas. Great update. :)

I love love love that parade. I think it is the toy soldiers. The Chip and Dale snowball fight was pretty cute too.

Thanks everyone for the props on the FP+. Honestly, I can't believe Disney makes me book my attractions 2 months ahead of time but the FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) in us makes me do it. And thanks Judy for the lovely Mother's Day greeting. I am a lucky Mom for sure!

Oh wow, you had some really nice lighting for the parade. Beautiful pictures Courtney.

Ahhh I love the Chip and Dale float. The snowball fight kills me every time. And TOY SOLDIERS!!! I still giggle over that vid you sent me. :lmao:

That's one (minor) thing that drives me buggy about Disney parades and that's all the characters they tease you with that never have meets. Shenanigans!!

It really is a spectacular parade. If not for Boo to You, this would be my favourite for sure.

The Fairy Godmother signed “I love you” to us. She always does and it always warms my heart.

I love this!! How sweet! :love: I know only very little sign language, just what my grandmother taught me since both of her grandparents were deaf. But it's so beautiful, and I would love to learn more! I remember one summer helping out at my mom's daycare and we had a special needs girl who used ASL because she was non-verbal, not because she was deaf. Her mom showed us a lot of the signs she used over and over, but she walked around for days making a C with one hand and twisting it on the palm of her other hand, and we had NO IDEA what she was trying to tell us. Finally my grandma came to the daycare one day so I showed her and she told us it was the sign for cookie. That little girl had been asking us for a cookie for three days!!! :rotfl: I always enjoy watching the interpreters when they are at Mass or a show. It's just so pretty!

Anyway, I kind of went off on a tangent there. The Christmas parade is so awesome! But I wonder why they have moved the title float to the very end? That doesn't make much sense to me, and I'm almost positive it was at the beginning when we saw it in '09. The gingerbread men are my favorite, with their flat backs! And the toy soldiers are pretty awesome too.

Your pictures of the Christmas parade make me really want to get there for Christmas time. I haven't been at that time of year yet, but hope to go next Christmas. Great update. :)

If you can get there for Christmas, I would highly recommend the Christmas party! It was my favorite part of the trip and totally worth the extra cost. I'm hoping to be there Christmas 2015 as well :)

I love love love that parade. I think it is the toy soldiers. The Chip and Dale snowball fight was pretty cute too.

Thanks everyone for the props on the FP+. Honestly, I can't believe Disney makes me book my attractions 2 months ahead of time but the FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) in us makes me do it. And thanks Judy for the lovely Mother's Day greeting. I am a lucky Mom for sure!

The toy soldiers are everything! Chip and Dale were great too.

You did such a great job and even though it is crazy to plan that now, it will make our lives a lot easier once we get there :)

Oh wow, you had some really nice lighting for the parade. Beautiful pictures Courtney.

Ahhh I love the Chip and Dale float. The snowball fight kills me every time. And TOY SOLDIERS!!! I still giggle over that vid you sent me. :lmao:

That's one (minor) thing that drives me buggy about Disney parades and that's all the characters they tease you with that never have meets. Shenanigans!!

It really is a spectacular parade. If not for Boo to You, this would be my favourite for sure.

We had a phenomenal spot!

The snowball fight is great, and I'm SO glad you loved that video Rob!

Ughhh I know. The only pic I had was very blurry, but Bo Peep from Toy Story was in the parade!!! I'd love to meet her!!!

I've only heard great things about Boo to You so I really hope I get to see it in the near future!

I love this!! How sweet! :love: I know only very little sign language, just what my grandmother taught me since both of her grandparents were deaf. But it's so beautiful, and I would love to learn more! I remember one summer helping out at my mom's daycare and we had a special needs girl who used ASL because she was non-verbal, not because she was deaf. Her mom showed us a lot of the signs she used over and over, but she walked around for days making a C with one hand and twisting it on the palm of her other hand, and we had NO IDEA what she was trying to tell us. Finally my grandma came to the daycare one day so I showed her and she told us it was the sign for cookie. That little girl had been asking us for a cookie for three days!!! :rotfl: I always enjoy watching the interpreters when they are at Mass or a show. It's just so pretty!

Anyway, I kind of went off on a tangent there. The Christmas parade is so awesome! But I wonder why they have moved the title float to the very end? That doesn't make much sense to me, and I'm almost positive it was at the beginning when we saw it in '09. The gingerbread men are my favorite, with their flat backs! And the toy soldiers are pretty awesome too.

Sign language is absolutely beautiful, I wish I had more time to learn it. We all took classes when I was younger and there was a higher chance of my dad going deaf. I dropped it but Kylie picked it up later on and now she's basically fluent, which is amazing. That is too funny about the sign for cookie :rotfl:

The Christmas parade is great! I actually double checked with my mom because you're right, it doesn't make much sense that the title float is at the end, but that's how it is! Very odd if you ask me, but still a wonderful parade. I love those gingerbread men too :goodvibes

Hi Courtney! I am SO SORRY - I had no idea I had fallen so far behind. :(

Okay, let me just say, REINDEER PLUTO????? Willow and I would drop dead of cuteness, I think!!! :laughing:

All the Christmas activities and shows look like so much fun! Someday….. How cool to meet Aladdin with Abu - and what a fun meet it was!

The Christmas parade looks amazing!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter