Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil

J-Dog

A Nobody
Hi. Noob here, and I'm not sure if this question counts as an "Orlando attraction" or not, but I didn't know where else to ask it. Please feel free to move or delete, if this post breaks any rules. Thanks.

We are heading to Orlando in December, going to WDW but staying off-site, and are dead-set on going to a Brazilian Steakhouse while we are there (it's kind of our thing).

I understand that both of these are chains, but we've never been to either.

Just wanted any opinions on which one is better - food, ambiance, service, price, etc.

Thanks very much!

Texas de Brazil has lobster bisque and California rolls on the salad bar. Fogo has better and more meat selections and is a little more expensive. Both are good but I prefer Fogo. I've been to several different Texas de Brazil locations across the country and unfortunately found the I-drive location in Orlando to be our least favorite. FWIW, there is a gift certificate at Costco for Texas de Brazil so there's 20% off right there.

Thanks for the help. I was kind of hoping that Texas would be recommended just because it's cheaper and there seem to be more available discounts, but it's not looking that way.

Why not try and find some other eating places ?

Maybe there are Other places to seek out .

Why not try and find some other eating places ?

Maybe there are Other places to seek out .

Well, I never said that we didn't plan on eating anywhere else during our whole vacation.

Like I already mentioned, for whatever reason, we always try to eat at a Brazilian Steakhouse whenever we are on vacation, and just wanted to know which one of the two was recommended. If your comment is implying that there are other Brazilian Steakhouses in town, then I would love to hear about them, but I didn't notice any others when I googled it.

Thanks.

@J-Dog , we will be dining at Texas de Brazil (first time!) in October and would be happy to drop back to this thread and give you a summary of our experience.

I’m trying to make this same choice for our upcoming trip. Does anyone else have any input?

I actually liked TDB better than Fogo. They have a better salad/side bar and the guys come around more often with the meats. Fogo has that amazing bacon at the salad bar, but that was its only standout. TDB gives better discounts too.

I've never been in both during my trips to Orlando cuz I refuse to eat Brazilian food since I'm traveling to a flawless cuisine diversity country lol
but I'm from Brazil and Fogo de Chão is pretty famous here! :)

I’ve not been to TDB in Orlando just here in Michigan and I am not a fan. On our trip in November we visited Fogo and were in love. The staff as much more attentive, the meats can around more frequently and the salad bar as better. E did go at lunch time and it wasn’t crowded so that may have attributed to the better atmosphere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter