Flu shot poll

I got mine a couple of days ago. The nurse said now is the time, that too many people wait until the flu is all over and then want the shot.

Caveat, I’m no doctor. That being said, I’d get it before the trip. I’m pretty sure the vaccine’s protection is not going to run out before the end of the flu season or anything. If you’re going to get it anyways, you might as well benefit from the protection during your trip!

We always get ours as early as possible. It really irritates me that I can go to Walgreens and get the flu shot for DH and I as early as August, but my children's pediatrician tells me they won't have them until late October! We have always gotten ours at the end of August or beginning of Sept, and we have never gotten the flu. I am desperately trying to figure out where my kids can get them before all the illnesses start circulating. I just don't understand why doctors get them so much later than pharmacies.

I know the shot only protects against the flu, but they can't get the shot if they're sick, and once October rolls around, they start getting all the stuff from school. Plus, my son started elementary school this year, so...new germs! :eek:

We always get ours as early as possible. It really irritates me that I can go to Walgreens and get the flu shot for DH and I as early as August, but my children's pediatrician tells me they won't have them until late October! We have always gotten ours at the end of August or beginning of Sept, and we have never gotten the flu. I am desperately trying to figure out where my kids can get them before all the illnesses start circulating. I just don't understand why doctors get them so much later than pharmacies.

I know the shot only protects against the flu, but they can't get the shot if they're sick, and once October rolls around, they start getting all the stuff from school. Plus, my son started elementary school this year, so...new germs! :eek:

A lot of kids I know are or have already been sick! My son isn’t even in school yet and he and I have gotten sick too. I scheduled his flu shot for 10/4, so hopefully he will be well on that day.

A lot of kids I know are or have already been sick! My son isn’t even in school yet and he and I have gotten sick too. I scheduled his flu shot for 10/4, so hopefully he will be well on that day.

Yeah, we had more summertime illnesses this year than I remember in the past. Such a bummer.

We actually found a doctor that will do the shots this weekend! So, our boys are getting them on Sunday :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter