First visit October 2019, need locations n advice

Itsjustus

Earning My Ears
If this is a duplicate, I apologize , I am new to posting.
Have 5 day reservation 1 bedroom ocean view in October 2019 for my honeymoon from a friends dvc membership. Looking for suggestions on what building and room location I should request to optimize my experience. Read that end rooms are noisy with outdoor fan noise and should avoid rooms with direct morning or afternoon sun. Also understand that some pool areas will be under construction and would not want construction wall views if avoidable. Maps of resort do not indicate names of pool areas, direction sew or names of buildings so that info would also be helpful. Thanks for any input you can provide.

Aulani rooms are arranged like a horseshoe. If you have an island view, you're on the backside of each tower. The rest of the rooms face the pool or, as you get closer to the ocean, the ocean itself.

Most of the DVC rooms are in the Ewa Tower (which is the tower on the right as you're looking at the resort from the ocean). There are fewer DVC rooms in the left tower, the Waianae Tower.

My wife and I have always ended up in the Ewa Tower with our DVC stays, so I can't speak to differences between the two towers, other than if you are in the Waianae Tower, you will be closer to the Ulu Cafe (quick service), which is on the ground floor of the tower (as you walk towards the beach area).

As for room preferences, we actually prefer the island view rooms for a couple of reasons. First, it's fewer points. Second, if you overlook the area for the character breakfast, the breakfast noise isn't that bad but the musical guests play outside at night in that same location. The first night it's very nice to be serenaded as you drift off to sleep. But when you stay for 7 nights and the same artist is making their fourth appearance playing a lot of the same tunes, it gets old real fast.

If you search through the boards, you can find people who have posted maps of where the fans are located if you're worried about that issue.

IMO, the resort is small enough that it doesn't matter which tower you end up in. Its easy to walk between the two, and the towers connect on floor 3 where the lobby is. As PP mentions, Ewa is larger and closer to the luau, Aunty's, Off the Hook, Ama Ama, Makahiki, Olelo Room, and the store. Waianae is smaller and closer to the parking ramp, spa, adult pool, and Ulu Café.

Look at the Aulani Villas and Views thread on this page. You can get an idea of where each room is and see views where people have added photos. When making requests try to be as specific as possible. If you say you want Room 1234 and that isn't available - they won't know what to do next - so you would want to say room ending in xx - highest floor possible - or something like that depending on what it is you are looking for. With the construction going on - I think the higher floor, the better. I'll be there during the construction in October, also and am starting to think about this.

Also - not sure when you will be in there in October, but I called to make spa appointments yesterday and some times were unavailable. If this is on your list of things to do - I would book now and tweak later if needed.

And Congratulations!

If you don't want construction views, you will either need an ocean view or an island view or a standard view. You might still get a little bit of construction views from the ocean views though depending on where you end up. The standard view looks out at the parking structure. The island view looks out at the mountains. You would want to avoid a pool gardens view. That being said, we LOVED our pool gardens view so much that we decided to do it again during the construction. Crazy, I know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter