First timer with a lot of questions

They have pads you can use with the pull ups for kids/have you tried these? As suggested, definitely limit her drinking about two hours before bed time. Set up an alarm to wake her during the night? If you are too late, set it up a bit earlier. It's a lot of work but it might work certain nights. She will definitely outgrow it.

Since you are driving, maybe take an extra flat or a fitted queen sheet from home. You can always do a quick wash (tub/sink) for the wet one and use the one you bring from home to dry and switch every night.

Bring little surprises from home for the room for her birthday. (candles for her birthday day/cupcake, etc.).
I have bought boosters that goes in diapers/pull ups if that's what you are referring to. I do try to limit her drinks but her dr actually told me that limiting drinks is actually counter productive. I still try to limit her drinks still. We did the alarm for a good 2 months(which was the worse 2 months of our lives). When she falls asleep, that's it, she is out for the night. The only one the alarm woke up was me! When not in school, I will wake her up when I go to bed and I practically have to carry her and its rare that she actually goes. In my opinion, I don't think pull ups are made for overnight use. She is the one who begs to wear a pull up to bed which I have no problem agreeing to but they just don't cut it. She even tells me that I need to find better ones. I get her the 4-5T overnight pull ups. Yes she is SOO skinny, she can still wear them! Thanks for the tip for the ride, I didn't even consider her falling asleep in the car!

Really?? Candles aren't allowed in the room? WOW I don't know what to say about that.
Major fire hazard and against fire code. Not allowed in hotel rooms (or dorm rooms).

"No, candles are not allowed in Disney World Resort rooms because open flames are against fire code. However, you can bring a candle to celebrate a birthday at a Disney World restaurant, and a Cast Member can help you light it. You can also request a birthday cupcake with a candle from your server."

If I were ever to be in a hotel where there was a fire because someone lit a candle in their room, I'd be going after THAT party, not the company.

Really?? Candles aren't allowed in the room? WOW I don't know what to say about that.
It's a fire hazard. Primarily for larger candles you might leave burning, but it's easier to just ban them all rather than specify sizes. That said, they aren't going to search your luggage and if you're lighting it just long enough for her to blow out, nobody will know or stop you.

In my opinion, I don't think pull ups are made for overnight use.
Regular pull-ups aren't terribly absorbent. They are intended for potty-training and as such they are designed to teach the child to recognize the wetness and learn to get to the bathroom.

My DD would soak through everything at night even as an infant. Her urine production seemed to go into overdrive at night. I started using a size larger in Huggies Overnights -- the key is to make sure it doesn't gap at the legs, make sure it can pull snug enough to prevent that gap. If Overnights or Goodnites don't fit well -- I honestly recommend checking out adult diapers, some come in XS that is child-sized. You said she's super skinny and "diaper" style will allow you/her to adjust the fit moreso than pull-up/underwear style. Different brands will fit different; we found Prevail worked best for DD. You can sometimes get a sample pack on the websites rather than spending money on a full package that might not fit well.

We also used the Goodnites disposable bed pads when traveling. If you want to double that with a regular absorbent bed pad it might give peace of mind in a hotel room.

I second the split stay idea. I also own DVC at Contemporary and their pool is... well.... it's just bad. Full sun exposure and not a lot of theming. Nowhere to comfortably hang out if you aren't swimming. Maybe in December when it's not super hot it wouldn't be that bad? But honestly there are WAY better pools on property. Many of the pools at the value and moderate resorts are fantastic! I love the one at Animal Kingdom Kidani, too, and that is a large resort that often has availability.

Regular pull-ups aren't terribly absorbent. They are intended for potty-training and as such they are designed to teach the child to recognize the wetness and learn to get to the bathroom.

My DD would soak through everything at night even as an infant. Her urine production seemed to go into overdrive at night. I started using a size larger in Huggies Overnights -- the key is to make sure it doesn't gap at the legs, make sure it can pull snug enough to prevent that gap. If Overnights or Goodnites don't fit well -- I honestly recommend checking out adult diapers, some come in XS that is child-sized. You said she's super skinny and "diaper" style will allow you/her to adjust the fit moreso than pull-up/underwear style. Different brands will fit different; we found Prevail worked best for DD. You can sometimes get a sample pack on the websites rather than spending money on a full package that might not fit well.

We also used the Goodnites disposable bed pads when traveling. If you want to double that with a regular absorbent bed pad it might give peace of mind in a hotel room.
Thanks for all the suggestions! I never used the Huggies Overnights. I like the idea of looking for samples, I am going to do that. I know that that she even still has room to grow in 4-5T ones she currently uses. Yes, she is SUPER skinny and is still only floating around 40 lbs on a good day. They fit snug but not tight at all. As she is OK with pull ups, I might be able to convince her to wear a diaper, at least just on the trip. Your right about different brands will fit different because I cant tell you how many different ones I have tried, trying to find the "cheapest" way to make her comfortable. I am quite sure that any of the adult ones will be way too big. I never they made adult ones in a child size.
I feel terrible and a bit embarrassed if I do have to get her actual diapers as we are going to Disney for her 8th birthday. But....I just want what's best for her and want her to have the best time of her life there. Thanks again for your suggestions!

Thanks, of the reviews I have read, I dont recall seeing any bad ones about the pool. I am going to make some time this weekend to look at other resorts and this time include DD for her thoughts!
I second the split stay idea. I also own DVC at Contemporary and their pool is... well.... it's just bad. Full sun exposure and not a lot of theming. Nowhere to comfortably hang out if you aren't swimming. Maybe in December when it's not super hot it wouldn't be that bad? But honestly there are WAY better pools on property. Many of the pools at the value and moderate resorts are fantastic! I love the one at Animal Kingdom Kidani, too, and that is a large resort that often has availability.

Major fire hazard and against fire code. Not allowed in hotel rooms (or dorm rooms).

"No, candles are not allowed in Disney World Resort rooms because open flames are against fire code. However, you can bring a candle to celebrate a birthday at a Disney World restaurant, and a Cast Member can help you light it. You can also request a birthday cupcake with a candle from your server."

If I were ever to be in a hotel where there was a fire because someone lit a candle in their room, I'd be going after THAT party, not the company.
That makes sense. Someone could easily forget to put one out. Or throw one in the trash that is not completely out.

Do you have your resort room booked? Did you know there is a discount for early December out right now? It’s been out for awhile, so rooms available with it may be getting limited.

There's a cruise forum that can better address the parks v cruise experience https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-cruise-line-forum.9/

We were park diehards but until our younger one is tall enough for us to do everything without rider swap, I can't cost justify the parks so we're cruise people for the time being.

For us the cruise feels less expensive, because we like being in a room with a verandah and I don't have to keep track of how much we spend on food. Our 7 night cruise in 2025 will cost less than 8 nights at the polynesian in 2022 did. ETA: It was 8 nights and 7 days of PH tickets for 2 adults and one kid. Cruise is 2 adults, 2 kids

Last edited:
Do you have your resort room booked? Did you know there is a discount for early December out right now? It’s been out for awhile, so rooms available with it may be getting limited.
It is booked already. I don't believe there should be a fee for cancelation if I decide to.

There's a cruise forum that can better address the parks v cruise experience https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-cruise-line-forum.9/

We were park diehards but until our younger one is tall enough for us to do everything without rider swap, I can't cost justify the parks so we're cruise people for the time being.

For us the cruise feels less expensive, because we like being in a room with a verandah and I don't have to keep track of how much we spend on food. Our 7 night cruise in 2025 will cost less than 8 nights at the polynesian in 2022 did.
That's good to know thanks. I will look at that forum more in depth this weekend. That way my daughter can be involved in the decision as well.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest