First Timer asks... What is a Dole Whip and ARE they on the DDP?

domesticdiva

I'm a Disney addict :) .... and proud of it!!!
Hey there!
My family and I are going to WDW in 18 more sleeps and we are on the DDP, I have heard sooo much about these Dole Whips, what the heck are they and has anyone founf out if they ARE on the DDP as snack options? Where can you get them? I HAVE to try one know just to see what all the hype is about!! lol!
TIA!! :cool1:

Someone reported that they are included on DDP now.

You can only buy them at MK at Aloha Isle in Adventureland.

It's pineapple flavored "ice cream" (technically not ice cream though).

They also sell vanilla, chocolate, and swirl.

There's also a float with pineapple juice.

I love pineapple sherbet, and couldn't wait to try a Dole Whip - but didn't like it.

Many rave about it though.

Hope you enjoy yours!

Someone reported that they are included on DDP now.
That's really the best way of putting it. I'd worry about folks taking reports from the park as a guarantee of anything other than someone had one specific great experience. The brochure describes what is included (at a minimum) and it is likely that many more options are now available, but until I get it in writing, I'd be cautiously optimistic, but not expect anything beyond the minimum requirement.

bicker said:
I'd worry about folks taking reports from the park as a guarantee of anything other than someone had one specific great experience.

It sounds like anything included now has the dp snack symbol, so I'm thinking there will be less incidents where someone gets something because of CM interpretation.

That sounds great, and I think the changes are incredibly generous! :thumbsup2 My wife cannot wait for her Rice Krispies Treat!

I love eating the ears off those rice crispy treats too! They can go in your bag for later too. :mickeybar

As far as the Dole Whips are concerned, they are refreshing in the heat!

The first time I had a Dole Whip was on Christmas Day 2005. My DD12 LOVED it, but I have to say I was not that impressed. Of course, it was about 45 degrees outside.

I'm going to try one again on our next trip and hope they are allowed as snacks on the DDP. I have a feeling they'll taste great in August!

bicker said:
My wife cannot wait for her Rice Krispies Treat!

Apparently DH feels the same. :)

Last fall we brought home 13 of the chocolate covered ones from desserts & snacks.

When I told DH that the snack options have greatly expanded, he said "Does that mean I don't get to bring home the Mickey Krispies?".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter