First Time Ever WDW Happily Ever After - a Newbie's Trip Planner

Just thought I would share that for our recent trip we did a Memory Maker Share for the first time and it worked out great! We had 5 families so came to $30 each (much better than $149) and we definitely got our money's work. Heck, 2 ride photos along and it covers that cost.

I like having it as it helps ensure we get some family pictures and that I am in more than zero pictures :lmao:

Downloading was a bit of a challenge as it seems like the site is set up to let you download individual pictures or all pictures - so had to spend time going through everyones pictures after download, but that was actually a bit fun to see what pictures other got ... and certainly that little bit of extra work was worth saving $120

Glad you found out about the shares and got into one! :thumbsup2

I'm enjoying your report, I've only read about half so far but wanted to let you know its fun! Thanks for sharing :)

Just thought I would share that for our recent trip we did a Memory Maker Share for the first time and it worked out great! We had 5 families so came to $30 each (much better than $149) and we definitely got our money's work. Heck, 2 ride photos along and it covers that cost.

I like having it as it helps ensure we get some family pictures and that I am in more than zero pictures :lmao:

Downloading was a bit of a challenge as it seems like the site is set up to let you download individual pictures or all pictures - so had to spend time going through everyones pictures after download, but that was actually a bit fun to see what pictures other got ... and certainly that little bit of extra work was worth saving $120

Glad you found out about the shares and got into one! :thumbsup2

Hi Max! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Work, et. al. just keeps me so busy during the week, that I just don't always get around to checking the Dis.

I am really glad to hear that you and the family had a good experience with MM Share. Isn't it nice to have family photos on family holiday which truly have every family member in it? Where were your best shots? Any recommendations for us?

Our group is really nice (and I am the mandatory flaky participant still getting the paypal to work and making the leader nervous--it really wasn't planned that way:
<cue cheesy melancholy detective movie music>: For some reason my bank decided that my bank account was locked for internet transactions--despite the fact that it is a primarily internet banking account. Go figure! This I found out trying to make said transaction. Talked to my bank rep. who then left for holiday and forgot to unlock the account. Her holiday replacement was fabulous and really worked it out--the first 2 steps, and then I didn't hear anything. Played phone tag with another number just to finally reach someone who explained that hours after getting my account started, the replacement of my rep was taken seriously ill and had been out of office for over a week and she was the sub of the sub of my rep on holiday. Sigh. Kasperltheater is what we say here. Rough non-literal translation: "Clown theatrics". As of yesterday things should be worked out so that I can stop being a flake and pay my share. If I were the leader I wouldn't believe me if I heard that story, so I am soooo thankful she still trusts me. Whew! Glad I got that off my chest! Now, where was I????)

I really hope that we have the same luck you did and get some great photos. 2-3 and we've covered the cost (and if we get lucky once with a photog. at the hotels, it'll be a steal!

Our group discussed all things pertaining to downloading, etc. such as not taking anyone else's photos and using them, etc. But I was honest and said I was going to do a "collective download"--ensuring we got all our photos and if someone accidentally "lost" a photo, we'd have it until I could sort through them. I will, of course, erase them and not abuse them at all!

I am really glad I caught onto it, too. Believe me! I did not learn about it on the Dis, so I hope this might tip off someone who could afford to save some money.

I'm enjoying your report, I've only read about half so far but wanted to let you know its fun! Thanks for sharing :)

Hi Lilkimmy! glad you are enjoying it! Stick around! I am doing my best to write about my experiences and what I have learned so far and am learning about planning a WDW vacation.

Glad to have found you again after a hiatus for travel on our part. Looking forward to following your adventures as you get closer to travel dates. Exciting, isn't it?

Any update from Austriankrystl on her Disney honeymoon and other US travels? Has anyone heard from her?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter