"Fill in all available spaces"

We've seen plenty of rude people who don't follow instructions on filling in all available space, but we had the opposite experience one time last year!

We were at Wonders of Life, getting on Body Wars. There were only a few people in line for it. But when the doors opened and we were instructed to move all the way to the far end, we all did! Even though it made no sense to do so, given that 3/4 of the place was going to end up empty anyway! :)

My theory is that people who, despite a lack of advertisement by Disney, figured out that Wonders of Life exists, and it's open, and that there's something worth seeing in there were probably old hands at this Disney stuff and knew to follow instructions. :thumbsup2

I was yelled at when we rode TT this past year. The man yelled, "Can't you see there's a line? Go get in it!" Well, I get embarassed easily and could have died. Fortunately I thought quickly, for the first time in my life, and I replied, "Oh, I'm sorry. They just said to fill in all the spaces. If it's going to ruin your day please move ahead of me. (Big smile at end by me." He wouldn't budge, just glare. "Really. Come ahead of me if it's going to ruin your day." His wife could have killed him. Didn't help that we boarded the ride ahead of him and then there was a delay after we got off. We kept imagining him sitting in the hot room as punishment for how he acted.

Sometimes, all it takes for verbal bullies to be put in their place is for one person to simply "call them" on their demeanor.

And the more they bellow, demeanor I get.

;)

I do fill in the space but I hate being close to people who for the LIFE of me won't use the following:

Toothpaste
Deordorant
Soap

Not everybody in Disney or anywhere else for that matter realizes that in this country we wash daily; especially in the summer months. I'm not speaking of those of us who at the end of the day, after walking around a hot, sticky, and humid place like Disney and aren't as fresh as we were at the begining of the day. I'm refering to those who feel like since they took a bath on Monday and it's now Thursday that they smell like lillies and roses. Then and only then I refuse to fill in the space...I just move altogether and let someone else stand next to that individual(s) and then I fill in some other space.

Toya

does it drive anybody else crazy when people don't "fill in all available spaces!!?" We probably save our wait time by 20 minutes just following the CM's request!!

I'd have to say it depends on the attraction. As others have said, when it's a pre-show type thing, then yes, it's important to follow this request.

On the other side, though, consider an attraction like Splash Mountain, where (at least back when I was there), they announced periodically to fill in all available space to keep your wait time to an absolute minimum (I think I've got that verbatim). On something like that, where the wait time is dictated solely by the rate at which the logs can go through the ride, I fail to see how packing the queue tighter makes any real difference in how long I have to wait. Granted, there may be psychological effects of feeling like the line is shorter, or what not, but I don't see any actual difference.

I try to fill in the spaces but a lot of people smell!!! And their kids are picking their nose and touching whoever is near them.. IIEWWW...

;)

But it seems lately that a lot of people have gas on these lines... especially in the parts where everyone gathers and has to wait.

I almost lost my cookies with the smell in the line on my last trip to RnR.

I am so on board with this thread too. I have to wonder if the people who plop down in the dead center of the theater have never been to Disney before. IMHO there is no bad seat in any of those theaters. I really irks me. My husband ALWAYS makes a smart remark to them. You know he is a Disney Pro now. :lmao: I just don't understand what people think when the cm's state it over and over and over again !:confused3

And as far as a ride queue if people don't fill in I walk right past them. I give them a few seconds to see if they are going to fill in, and if they don't I go in front of them. I think of all the people standing outside waiting to get in. I have never had anyone say anything to me. I don't care if they do I guess....they should listen to the SIMPLE instructions. :goodvibes

All in all some people just aren't thinking. All of us on the disboards might tend to be more conscious of acceptable and unacceptable behavior at Disney:) :flower3:

I suspect the woman who was strangled at the Teacups was following the CM's direction to fill in all available space. Twice, other men have gotten into it with my husband when we walked past them at the train station and in the Stitch holding area. People seem to want to form a line.

Im kinda in the middle of the pack on this one. I do hate when people don't move all the way down in the theater and I think it's incredibly rude and I always fill in all the space if it's a big crowd and the castmember requests it.

However like if we are in a 45 minute line and I stop to tie my shoe for 30 seconds there is no need for people to stampede ahead of me to fill in the four feet of space between me and the person in front of me.

Also with the preshow things I try to fill in tight but... i know as a cm that sometimes workers will try to overload the preshow area for whatever reason... I don't know.... like where I work we can fit about 400 people in the theater but I don't see any reason to have them all standing in our small preshow area for over 10 minutes so i try to hold the last 60-80 out in the cue until the doors open.

1) Sometimes, I walk into theaters with a cup that is half-full of Coke.
2) Sometimes, the people who sit in the center have their feet out.
3) Sometimes, I stumble over their feet.
4) Sometimes, the half-full Coke cup is jostled when I stumble over feet.
5) Sometimes, the half-full Coke spills onto their chest and into their lap.
6) Sometimes, I feel sorry about that.

I was yelled at when we rode TT this past year. The man yelled, "Can't you see there's a line? Go get in it!" Well, I get embarassed easily and could have died. Fortunately I thought quickly, for the first time in my life, and I replied, "Oh, I'm sorry. They just said to fill in all the spaces. If it's going to ruin your day please move ahead of me. (Big smile at end by me." He wouldn't budge, just glare. "Really. Come ahead of me if it's going to ruin your day." His wife could have killed him. Didn't help that we boarded the ride ahead of him and then there was a delay after we got off. We kept imagining him sitting in the hot room as punishment for how he acted.

I had a similar experience at MGM in line for the Great Movie Ride (back when the line actually extended outside). A CM told everyone to fill in space. Most people either didn't hear or ignored. We filled in the space and got yelled at by some people who even told another CM that we were cutting in line. The second CM had some words with us to which we replied that we were just doing what YOUR CM told us to do.

The stopping in the middle act has to be one of my biggest pet peeves.

I also hate when people stop halfway down an aisle and plop down while the CMs contiue to announce to go all the way down and fill in every available seat. Entitled people who feel rules don't apply to them really irritate me. I like the cup of coke accidentally spilling mentioned by another OP. LOL!

However, I will never ever again let myself be squeezed in rdine at an outside theater in hot, humid weather! We were packed in like sardines at LMA in MGM. The CMs kept telling us to slide down to make room for everyone. There were hordes of people still trying to get seats 5 minutes before show time. I had no problem getting my family to squeeze down the row further so everyone who wanted a seat had an oppourtunity. However, before I realized it, we were packed in like sardines sitting in the direct sun with our waters consumed within the first 10 minutes of the show. I started to feel very ill to the point that DH had to help get me out of the theater. The kids were happy because it opened up more space for them! While we were waiting for the show to end to meet up with our kids, there were many other guests coming out and commenting on the heat and the number of people crammed into the theater. Lesson learned - Be courteous and try to make as much space for my fellow human beings but not when you're seated in the hot sun section of the theater! That is the time to keep your legs spread just a bit more to give you that extra space (no skirts please!:eek: ).

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Why do some people think they are better than everyone else and do not have to listen to the move down spiel. If you want the middle of the row just let people go in front of you and shoot for the middle.

I admit to stepping on feet of those who plop down in the middle of the aisle ESPECIALLY when they are the same people who knocked me down to get in the door first. I'll go pray for my sins now:angel:

On our last trip there was a couple with a baby that stopped at the halfway mark in ITTBAB. The guy stretched out his legs so I couldn't get past him, so I sat in the seat next to him, at which point he swore viciously and yelled (literally) at me that I didn't have to "sit right on top" of his family! :sad2:

On our last trip there was a couple with a baby that stopped at the halfway mark in ITTBAB. The guy stretched out his legs so I couldn't get past him, so I sat in the seat next to him, at which point he swore viciously and yelled (literally) at me that I didn't have to "sit right on top" of his family! :sad2:

PSYCHOPATH!

(And I'm only HALF kidding.)

You just never know what kind of half-wit or marginally insane Bozo you might find next to you in line.

Thousands of nice, pleasant and sane folks, mixed with a small number of assorted WACKOS!

PSYCHOPATH!

(And I'm only HALF kidding.)

You just never know what kind of half-wit or marginally insane Bozo you might find next to you in line.

Thousands of nice, pleasant and sane folks, mixed with a small number of assorted WACKOS!

No kidding! And don't you kind of resent that they're getting to breathe the air at the "happiest place on earth?" They don't deserve to clean the bathrooms there! And that is NOT a slam on those who Do clean the bathrooms, since I think it would be cool to work there, period. It just kills me how some people try to suck the magic out of Disney. :sad2:

I don't mind squishing in (as much as I am comfortable with) at pre-shows. What irks me is when the doors are opened and you are TRAMPLED by people trying to line up and be the first ones out to the loading area.:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter