"Fill in all available spaces"

caracap

Mouseketeer
does it drive anybody else crazy when people don't "fill in all available spaces!!?" We probably save our wait time by 20 minutes just following the CM's request!!

I almost posted something similar a few weeks ago as this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine!! To me it ranks up there with slow people driving in the passing lane!!:sad2: :confused:

I actually take advantage of certain situations when people don't "fill in all available space". I think it's ridiculous when you are entering a preshow and people who have been waiting in front of you DON'T fill in the spaces. The best examples for me would be RnRC and TT. When doofy people don't fill in the spaces, I move ahead and fill it in for them. I'm sorry. Not afraid of getting flamed here, as it's only common sense to move your body forward into all available space. I inch my way thru wide open spaces in both TT and RnRC and get closer to the doors. When we were in Epcot in June and went to see Turtle Talk in it's new area for the first time, there were tons of people standing in a single file line while a few others were actually spread out towards the front. I walked past the line and went up towards the water tanks(stingrays, maybe??). I got a few dirty looks later, but I couldn't understand why these people would stand single file in a big open room.
In other situations it would be to everyone's advantage to move forward as much as possible. It gets us all in much quicker. I don't want someone sitting on my shoulders, but holy cow....use common sense people.:) :)

does it drive anybody else crazy when people don't "fill in all available spaces!!?" We probably save our wait time by 20 minutes just following the CM's request!!

We save a lot of time in the little corral right after the turnstiles (right before loading) in the Safari queue, and others that work this way.

Most guests will just hang back (nobody wants to be "first" or "only" one doing something the rest of the crowd is not doing.)

Well, we don't squeeze in, specifically when we are standing. We try very hard to form a pocket around my 2nd dd. She is very tactile-defensive. We do all we can to give her the Disney experience.

Mind yiou, I am not talking about keeping seats between us...like stopping halfway down the row. I am talking about, like in Mickeys Philharmagic when standing there waiting to go into the movie. We do our best, but we can't crowd dd.

We do fill in the space as the CMs ask but at times we get such dirty looks when we go by the people that have been there. It must be that either they aren't listening to what the CMs just asked us to do or they haven't been there before and just don't realize that it doesn't matter, everyone in the space is getting on the ride/seeing the show at basically the same time.

It is an awkward situation sometimes though...

I like when they say Look down If you see Ground move into it most people have no idea at all what they are talking about.

I have also stepped on some toes of those that just want to sit in the middle of a row and not going all the way down.

These are one place we hang back a bit and don't force our ways to the front of the door opening.

When people give me a dirty look I just tell them weren't you listening because i surly was.

I admit to stepping on feet of those who plop down in the middle of the aisle ESPECIALLY when they are the same people who knocked me down to get in the door first. I'll go pray for my sins now:angel:

I admit to stepping on feet of those who plop down in the middle of the aisle ESPECIALLY when they are the same people who knocked me down to get in the door first. I'll go pray for my sins now:angel:

Stepping on their toes is a sin?:guilty: You mean they did not plop down in the middle of the row (ignoring the cm's who REPEAT "please move to the end of the row") so we could use their toes for stomping practice?:rolleyes1

::angel:

Stepping on their toes is a sin?:guilty: You mean they did not plop down in the middle of the row (ignoring the cm's who REPEAT "please move to the end of the row") so we could use their toes for stomping practice?:rolleyes1

::angel:

I'm Catholic I have no :guilty: and with just a few HailMary's I sleep real good at night.:lmao:

I really love when they book it to the front or push thier way through then stop midway down row. Ah, Like if you did not push you way to the front you would ligitimatly be in the middle :confused: I too tend to sometimes stip on toes.....Opps, if you moved down, no one would step on your feet:rolleyes1

:crazy: :jumping3: :crazy: Crazy? It makes me INSANE! :rolleyes1 I'm glad I'm not the only one either. I know the majority of people follow the rules, but the few who think that they are above the rules drive me CRAZY! I know I should calm down, but they make me just a little :upsidedow

I probably wouldn't step on toes except now that I think of it I wish I could stomp on the toes of people who take flash pictures on dark rides :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes ! A girl can dream.....

But regarding shows the best thing to do if you can is simply stop and wait until they move down the row, causing a small scene. :thumbsup2

Instead of stepping on toes, I've just gotten to the point that any time I can I go all the way down to the front, across the theater/seating area, and up the far side. Most times, I get seats very close to the center by filling in from the opposite direction.

Have you ever noticed that these same people who stop in the middle are the ones in a big rush to be first through the doors? If they'd just let a few people go through ahead of them (and if everyone did fill every seat) they'd end up in the middle anyway.

I don't mind filling in the open space but I do wish people wouldn't get so close they feel like they are sharing my cloths. We have also stepped on toes and when we carried an infant carseat, knees, legs and sometime a head would get bopped. :rolleyes1

All the 3D shows are designed that you enter from one side of the theater and out the other. So if someone stops in the middle, you either have to climb over them or leave the seats empty. When the doors open to enter the theater, the people who usually plop themselves in the middle, are the ones who rush the theater as well. I usually wait a while and then enter. If I am in the middle that's fine, if not then I figure there really isn't a bad seat in the house.

I have on occasion stopped and asked people to move down. They usually refuse and I make a comment under my breath:rolleyes1

Gotta say that when people stop in the middle it does urk me alot, why would they rush and push over people just so you can ignore the rules and plop their butt in the middle and then have the nerve to get mad when we step on their toes. It drives me mad.

I go and fill in the available space. In situations like that I give the people ahead of me the opportunity to take that space first. If not, it's a 'you snooze, you lose' situation. I am NOT going to stand shoulder to shoulder with other sweaty people, but if there is enough room for a Mack truck, I'll go stand there.

The people that stop in the middle of the row instead of moving all the way down annoy everyone. I don't purposely step on their toes, but I don't avoid it either.

At the parks I've noticed a lot of people form two or three lines at the turnstyles at rope drop. Other turnstyles are open but no one is using them. Fine then, I'll go use those empty turnstyles. People get mad but I don't completely understand why. Everyone had the same opportunity to use those turnstyles. They didn't, and it's perfectly within the rules for me to use them so I will.

I go and fill in the available space. In situations like that I give the people ahead of me the opportunity to take that space first. If not, it's a 'you snooze, you lose' situation. I am NOT going to stand shoulder to shoulder with other sweaty people, but if there is enough room for a Mack truck, I'll go stand there.

The people that stop in the middle of the row instead of moving all the way down annoy everyone. I don't purposely step on their toes, but I don't avoid it either.

At the parks I've noticed a lot of people form two or three lines at the turnstyles at rope drop. Other turnstyles are open but no one is using them. Fine then, I'll go use those empty turnstyles. People get mad but I don't completely understand why. Everyone had the same opportunity to use those turnstyles. They didn't, and it's perfectly within the rules for me to use them so I will.
ITA with everything you said. At attractions like Rocking-Roller Coaster I will always fill in all available space because no one ever listens, and it's always empty by the doors.

And at park opening I agree, no one goes to the empty turnstiles if there's no one there. I almost always get to be one of the first ones in the park that way.

I was yelled at when we rode TT this past year. The man yelled, "Can't you see there's a line? Go get in it!" Well, I get embarassed easily and could have died. Fortunately I thought quickly, for the first time in my life, and I replied, "Oh, I'm sorry. They just said to fill in all the spaces. If it's going to ruin your day please move ahead of me. (Big smile at end by me." He wouldn't budge, just glare. "Really. Come ahead of me if it's going to ruin your day." His wife could have killed him. Didn't help that we boarded the ride ahead of him and then there was a delay after we got off. We kept imagining him sitting in the hot room as punishment for how he acted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter