Festival of Fantasy parade or Be Our Guest lunch?

Stefien Quix

Mouseketeer
I was able to snag 1:15 reservations for BOG, which means I'm going to have to choose. Opinions? It's our DD first trip to Disney and DW & I have never done either as well.

I would opt for BOG over the parade (but this is coming from someone who isn't a big parade fan). I think the experience of getting to see the beasts castle is more exciting than the parade. They do serve you pretty quickly once you find a table, pre-order and maybe show up 10-15 minutes early. you might be able to make it to see the parade.

We can't show up early (or least not much) as we've got a FP+ for Enchanted Tales with Belle that starts at 12:50. We can show up 5 minutes early for that, but even that will only help so much.

But maybe if we pre-order we can leave early enough to catch some of the parade at least!

I would go to your reservation if you want to see the castle, because it truly is fantastic. However I wouldn't recommend any of the food they serve at lunch. If you want to see the castle, perhaps order just the potato leek soup and a dessert. Everything else is yuck :crazy2: imo, and I'm not that picky. We went last week and it was the only food all week that we were truly disappointed in and we felt pretty sick after.
Perhaps order something small/snackish just to see the castle, they serve you pretty quick, and then hop on over to the parade. The ambiance is worth stopping in for.
Best of both worlds, and hopefully it won't make you ill like it did for us lol!

I would go to your reservation if you want to see the castle, because it truly is fantastic. However I wouldn't recommend any of the food they serve at lunch. If you want to see the castle, perhaps order just the potato leek soup and a dessert. Everything else is yuck :crazy2: imo, and I'm not that picky. We went last week and it was the only food all week that we were truly disappointed in and we felt pretty sick after.
Perhaps order something small/snackish just to see the castle, they serve you pretty quick, and then hop on over to the parade. The ambiance is worth stopping in for.
Best of both worlds, and hopefully it won't make you ill like it did for us lol!

Yeah, I've read that the food there is pretty disappointing. :( I'd still want to make sure we allow enough time to take in the ambiance though, but you make a good point, that we could save ourselves some time, if nothing else, by not ordering anything that would take any time to eat!

12:50 FP, 1:15 lunch ADR and 2pm parade is tight timing all around....I would be stressed trying to fit all that in. Personally I would skip BOG and watch the parade instead. Or, try to move your BOG reservation to a different time.

Yeah, I've read that the food there is pretty disappointing. :( I'd still want to make sure we allow enough time to take in the ambiance though, but you make a good point, that we could save ourselves some time, if nothing else, by not ordering anything that would take any time to eat!

We didn't pre-order our food, so when we came in we ordered at the kiosk and sat down. It still took around 15 minutes or so for our food to come, so you'll certainly have time to explore and absorb the atmosphere. I absolutely recommend ordering a dessert and just eating it slow. For the sake of your park-touring bellies don't order any of the actual entrees. We were so sick!

12:50 FP, 1:15 lunch ADR and 2pm parade is tight timing all around....I would be stressed trying to fit all that in. Personally I would skip BOG and watch the parade instead. Or, try to move your BOG reservation to a different time.

I'm pretty confident we can make two of the three work, but yeah, it's trying to make all 3 happen that seems like courting disaster.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to whether or not we're willing to give up the possibility of catching the parade by keeping the ADR or not. :-/

Is the Dragon back in the parade? We have been going to Disney for almost 40 years and this parade is my absolute favorite if the dragon is in it. I don’t think the Beasts castle is THAT great for lunch.

Is the Dragon back in the parade? We have been going to Disney for almost 40 years and this parade is my absolute favorite if the dragon is in it. I don’t think the Beasts castle is THAT great for lunch.

I just watched a 2018 video of the parade to try to help myself make a decision. There was an amazing giant clockwork dragon in the parade if that's what you're referring to!

We actually really like the lunch at BOG. The pork dish with mashed potatoes is really tasty and filling. And we don't find it too heavy - the portion size is just right for lunch. Plus, the cupcakes are a treat!

I don't think that I've read about the dragon being back.
The parade is very good.
Not a big fan of BoG, have eaten there at lunch and dinner. The castle is very cool to see and you can't without an ADR.
As others have said, pre-order your food, it will save you time and get in the line for pre-ordered.
My bias, I would get something light and quick at BoG, enjoy the atmosphere, explore the 3 rooms , watch the parade and get a mid afternoon snack. YMMV.

You will not make BOG with a 12:50 FP for Belle. You need to move that FP up or back

From what I've seen & read, even if the ETB runs abnormally long, I should still be able to make the reservation, on the late side, but still within the acceptable window for them to accept the reservation.

From what I've seen & read, even if the ETB runs abnormally long, I should still be able to make the reservation, on the late side, but still within the acceptable window for them to accept the reservation.
What’s the “acceptable window”? I wouldn’t risk being late for a BOG ADR. They may or may not seat you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter