Favorite sandals for kids?

superdiz

Unofficial Disney Foodie - MOO
My kids overheat easily so we need cozy sandals. Any recommendations?

My kids love Crocs and have been wearing them since they were little. Don't make their feet stink and very comfortable! Zulily often has them and you can get them at a good price.

Keens are great, but they make my sons feet stink soooooo badly. Last summer was our first time with them, and due to the stink I will never ever by them again. Ever. We even tried every "how to remove the stink" trick we found on the Internet, and the stink quickly returned. I haven't found a replacement option yet, but I've been eyeing the Plae Fisherman sandals.

Last edited:
Keens. Great for kids. Try Sierra Trading Co & 6PM for discounted Keens. Keens has their own website for the latest releases. I just picked up a pair for my 11 yr old at Nordstrom Rack. It's hit or miss there. They dry fast. :daisy:

My kids alternate between Keens and Crocs. Keens are my favorite though as they are sturdier than the crocs.

ETA: Amazon usually has them for a great price, otherwise I watch for them on Zulily.

my daughter finds Hoy, sweetheart sandals to be comfortable out of the box. She has been wearing them for 6 years.

I've had good luck with Keens for DD. Still searching for DS who didn't like keens as much.

We usually pack 3 pairs of shoes: keens for days we will be doing water rides (ex: Kali at AK), Crocs- for around the pool area and hanging out, and sneakers for other long park days (usually new balance or asics). Since we do mid day breaks- we usually do a lot of switching out.

Haven't seen this suggestion yet, but for girls I love Birkenstocks. DD has been getting a pair every summer since she was 3 - I never bother getting her more than just those and a pair of sneakers. Yes, they are expensive, but they are also very high quality, and extremely comfortable. DH and I also each have a pair, and wore them every day at the parks.

Another Keens fan. Both kids get 1-2 pair each for the past several summers. I throw them in the washer and dryer regularly and have never had a stinky feet issue.

Tevas or Merrills. Comfy and easy for kids to put on and take off. I've always had a hard time getting Keens on DD's feet, especially when sweaty, and Crocs always rub a blister on the inside of her foot.

My kids love Khombu sneaker sandals, they seem to be made of water shoe material, breathe great, and are very comfortable. They liked them so much they spent their own allowance to buy themselves each a pair when they were $10 at Costco this week. (The only reason I wasn't buying them the shoes was that I JUST bought them sneakers at the mall the day before.)

Crocs for my kids. Last year my oldest walked the whole time. He alternated between tennis shoes and Crocs. The only days he complained of his feet hurting were in the tennis shoes. My youngest was in a stroller a lot so not as noticeable. They wear thin cotton ankle socks with their Crocs to keep their feet from getting too sweaty.

My 9yo DD loves her Chaccos (DH has some and agrees) and DS is happy in Crocs. I love that Crocs now offer a variety of shoes - DS has some slip ons that he wears for school and he loves them. He says they are comfortable and they are so light weight. So far w our 2yo DD we've just bought sandals from Target and Payless but they have served well. I just can't justify spending a lot of money for her shoes bc she grows out of them so fast.

Keens, Tevas, Chacos - they are all good. Just keep in mind if you are going during rainy season to pick sandals that can handle getting wet. Some sandals are NOT water resistant and will stink if they get wet. (for example, Birkenstocks - which need to be "air dried slowly away from direct sunlight" if they get water on them. Not very vacation-friendly.)

Lands End makes sport sandals for kids that are phenomenal. My daughter loves hers - we buy a new pair every summer - they wear more like sneakers but are cute enough that she can wear them with a dress. We'll be bringing hers to Disney for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter