Favorite sandals for kids?

I have Teva's for my 10 and 4 y.o. The 10 y.o. is super picky about shoes and usually is only using one pair of sneakers until they fall apart. I am hoping that she will be able to break in her Teva's before we go n a month.

My boys usually wear tennis shoes or Nike/Under Armor memory foam slides while in the parks (they are now 12 and 9). When they were smaller they loved their Crocs - but they are way too cool for them now. :)

For the pp that mentioned Birkenstocks....I just got a pair of these the other day because I found them on super clearance and loved the color - yellow. And I'm going to say those are the most painful sandals I've worn in a while. They are very hard with no give to them and my feet are just not used to that.

We are another Keens family. We all wear them and absolutely love them. Super comfy, lightweight and breathable. They dry quickly when wet and don't become "slippery". Oh, and the knockoffs are NOT the same. You get what you pay for. Trust me. :)

We love keens too (besides the summer smell ugh)! Does anyone know where they can be found on sale? My best find has been at Dick's Sporting Goods but you have to spend $50 and usually they are just under that amount. I know they sell them on amazon too, but anywhere else?

We haven't tried keens but they sound good. Last year we bought character crocs for our three kids. First day the oldest didn't even make it into the park before getting a blister. They worked well for the other two.

It depends on the kids feet.

When my kids were younger they all fit into keens which worked well for my kids who like to get wet.

Then my younger twos feet got wider and keens gave them blisters.

But keens get stinky on kids!

My DD wears the Bernie Mev comfi and loves them (they come in all different colors). When she was a preschooler before we discovered Berni Mevs, she wore Merrells-- I think it was the style that is most similar to the Monarch now. The Merrell Monarch (and the onces she had) are "hydro" so meant for both water and land- which was good if it rained or they got wet etc. I have always put body glide on her feet every morning at WDW before hitting the parks, and she has never had a blister at WDW.

Jambu and Keens are nice for casual wear and Mini Melissa makes some really cute styles that can be a little dressier. Some of the Mini Melissa shoes are even fruit scented! (dd names her Mini Melissa kitty:cat: shoes, "Grape & Strawberry!")

Our boys wear Crocs and alternate with sneakers. Crocs are the go to shoe by the end of the trip because they're the easiest for the boys to get off and on.

FYI- we went to buy new Keens today and were told by the salesman at Nordstrom that there is a new footbed in the shoes that are supposed to help with the stinky feet. Fingers crossed! Also, they were 20% off with the half yearly sale.

I've been hearing good things about Phibian at Stride Rite. I haven't tried. My daughter outgrew them but if they make them in adults her and I both may get some. HEHE

Merrell or Keen for my toddler son. I like that the toe is somewhat closed for protection but the rest is open for ventilation. The Merrells we just bought can be used in the water too.

Surprised no one has said saltwater sandals! Waterproof and leather. My girls get them and keens. Love that keens are machine washable. We've never had the stinky feet issue and my little one has STIIIINKY feet lol.

Another vote for Keens (Seacamp and Whispers). My daughter gets a new pair every summer to wear during day camp (lots of walking). She also wore the Keen Seacamps during our Disney trip two years ago and they worked great. They're not slippery when wet, dry quickly, clean easily, and we haven't had any issues with smell. Also, I always purchase on Amazon.

We love keens too (besides the summer smell ugh)! Does anyone know where they can be found on sale? My best find has been at Dick's Sporting Goods but you have to spend $50 and usually they are just under that amount. I know they sell them on amazon too, but anywhere else?

I'm not sure if you have a Bob's near you, but we have been able to use their coupons for Keens there.

Also, if you plan ahead, you can order them for really cheap on Zulily, but again, order them in enough time because of their wacky delivery policies.

Last time we bought them, we just ordered off of Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter