Favorite Bars for Solo Dining?

Cramden

DIS Veteran
Hi there.

I was just wondering what some of your favorite bars are for Solo Dining? I've got a Solo trip coming up in a few months and I'm looking for other people's favorites. In the past I've really enjoyed dining at the bars at,

Homecomin
Jaleo
Wine Bar George
Flying Fish
Narcoosee's
California Grill
Sanaa

Was thinking of trying Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill. What else should be on my future list?

Thanks in advance!

I enjoyed the boathouse. I’ve not done this, but when I was waiting for a table at Topolinos, there was a solo enjoying drinks and ricotta appetizer at the bar and that’s something I want to do.

I echo the bar at The Boathouse - great bartenders and plenty of people watching etc. I'm also a fan of the bar at Steakhouse 71. I've dined at the bar at Morimoto solo before, but it was at lunch during the slow season so not much was going on at the time. Have fun!

For bar seating solo, I'd add Jiko on the higher end, Rix for casual sports bar atmosphere, and I agree on Geyser Point.

Then again, I'm not averse to table seating as a solo, so that opens up a lot more possibilities.

I'll echo the other suggestions for Boathouse. Especially Dockside Bar (the outdoor bar). I go there all the time solo and grab drinks and food, love it!

I have 3 nights solo before meeting family in a few weeks. I’m planning to hit Crew’s Cup, Steakhouse 71 (a repeat, I recommend it), and Narcoosees (have a reservation but willing to be shifted to the bar).

Flying Fish, Wine Bar George, and Homecomin were my three favorites. When I went to Steakhouse 71 I had a reservation, but assuming you can order the full menu at the bar that would also be a top pick for me. I used to enjoy the Tune-In lounge, but I think they stopped serving food inside there.

Geyser Point is also great.

Another vote for Polite Pig, and also Jaleo's and Paradiso 37.
In the parks: Space, La Cava

Three Bridges at Coronado Springs - I've dined and drank solo both at the bar and at a table.

For parties of one or two
any where is amazing but:

morimoto’s
the edison
STK
Flying Fish
‘Boat house

Paddle Fish

bars are all first come first serve

Where are you asking about?
Actually it is a fair question because as i've mentioned here before, at DCA I was turned away from sitting at the bar at 2 different restaurants. The CM's claimed they were "booked for the evening" and could not accommodate a party of 1 sans reservation. I thought that was odd. However, I made a reservation for brunch at Lamplight prior to that and they sat me at the bar so... who knows? I know WDW is different.

Actually it is a fair question because as i've mentioned here before, at DCA I was turned away from sitting at the bar at 2 different restaurants. The CM's claimed they were "booked for the evening" and could not accommodate a party of 1 sans reservation. I thought that was odd. However, I made a reservation for brunch at Lamplight prior to that and they sat me at the bar so... who knows? I know WDW is different.
I agree with you. I was just trying to figure out if PP was asking about a specific location/restaurant, since several have been mentioned in this thread. I travel solo fairly often and have never had issues getting a seat at the bar (even if the restaurant is booked up). But also wanted to give tailored advice if PP was looking at a specific place.

I agree with you. I was just trying to figure out if PP was asking about a specific location/restaurant, since several have been mentioned in this thread. I travel solo fairly often and have never had issues getting a seat at the bar (even if the restaurant is booked up). But also wanted to give tailored advice if PP was looking at a specific place.
I was thinking mostly of the bars in restaurants, as opposed to lounges (Trader Sam's, Jock Lindsay's) or quickservice (Polite Pig). I'm curious about Flying Fish, Morimoto, Sanaa, BoatHouse, places like that.

Hi there.

I was just wondering what some of your favorite bars are for Solo Dining? I've got a Solo trip coming up in a few months and I'm looking for other people's favorites. In the past I've really enjoyed dining at the bars at,

Homecomin
Jaleo
Wine Bar George
Flying Fish
Narcoosee's
California Grill
Sanaa

Was thinking of trying Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill. What else should be on my future list?

Thanks in advance!
Curious if you took your trip and what you preferred. I’m taking my first solo trip in February and have many of these on my short list for dinners sitting the bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter