Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

Been wondering about this, I had Sprint when I first went in 2018, had no problems, but had been seeing mixed reviews for T-Mobile. If I can avoid dealing with a pocket wi-fi (which had been recommended by people who had issues) that would be nice.
I’m heading into DL in a few hours so I’ll report back. Sounds like park opening service near the gates is terrible no matter what provider you have. T-mobile was great in Kyoto and all throughout Tokyo so far, with the international pass (not sure if speed is prioritized with it compared to using the free 5gb on unlimited plans)

Getting ready to book my November vacation package. Both my phone (the app) and Firefox have over an hour wait already. I was let in immediately with Edge so I might start refreshing like crazy there.

Hello from Australia Disney Family.

Never had i imagined finding Disboards was a thing but to also find that there is an entire thread with over 30+ pages of people jsut discussing Japan TDS!

Have all of you been successful in booking accomodation at MiraCosta/Fantasy Springs?
Welcome to the DIS! We are a friendly bunch!

I think a lot of people here were successful with MiraCosta. Fantasy Springs Hotel seems to be another animal…

Was in queue for about 1 1/2 hours but I managed to snag the Fantasy Springs hotel!! My Capital One Mastercard was accepted on the first try which was AMAZING. Firefox ended up being the winner. Edge was still in the queue by the time I was entering my credit card info in Firefox. The last page froze but I did get a confirmation email right away so I do have the booking.

Fantasy Springs hotel availability came and went as I was clicking through, so if you don't see it don't give up. The first time I was in, it was sold out but then it popped back up so I was able to get it.

Now, off to bed lol

Can you confirm if it was just a one night booking @Smugpugmug ? I have a suspicion that because im trying to book 4 nights and it just clicked. Because they only release one day at a time i have to make 4x bookings of 1x nights?

Also, what time tokyo time did you get the booking? It was only a 15min wait after 11am tokyo time but its now 5pm in tokyo and its 1hour plus. Sounds strange but i would think everyone would be trying to book closer to 11am.

Lastly, did you get a Grand room or just a fantasy room? and what was the nightly cost in yen?

Thank you for your time.

Been wondering about this, I had Sprint when I first went in 2018, had no problems, but had been seeing mixed reviews for T-Mobile. If I can avoid dealing with a pocket wi-fi (which had been recommended by people who had issues) that would be nice.
Reporting back! I had no trouble using T-Mobile while waiting to be let in for 5:00 evening entry. No trouble in the parks either, I have 5 bars in the splash mountain queue right now! I did have one dead spot near pirates but I just moved and then had service just a little bit away.

Last edited:
Reporting back! I had no trouble using T-Mobile while waiting to be let in for 5:00 evening entry. No trouble in the parks either, I have 5 bars in the splash mountain queue right now! I did have one dead spot near pirates but I just moved and then had service just a little bit away.
What sort of speed test results are you getting for data?

I’m not doing speed tests but I’m sending videos quickly over iMessage so it is pretty fast!
If you are in a position to do a speed test it would be super beneficial. Just google 'speed test' and let us know the download and upload numbers.

Videos (or any media) sent via imessage is compressed so a normal 100mb video could be compressed to 10mb and sent via imessage. If it's quick to send 10mb it may not be very quick at all at doing anything else.

If you are in a position to do a speed test it would be super beneficial. Just google 'speed test' and let us know the download and upload numbers.

Videos (or any media) sent via imessage is compressed so a normal 100mb video could be compressed to 10mb and sent via imessage. If it's quick to send 10mb it may not be very quick at all at doing anything else.

IMG_6164.jpeg
This was in the sea of humanity that was the electrical parade. Just wandering around after the parade I got 60 download.

Can you confirm if it was just a one night booking @Smugpugmug ? I have a suspicion that because im trying to book 4 nights and it just clicked. Because they only release one day at a time i have to make 4x bookings of 1x nights?

Also, what time tokyo time did you get the booking? It was only a 15min wait after 11am tokyo time but its now 5pm in tokyo and its 1hour plus. Sounds strange but i would think everyone would be trying to book closer to 11am.

Lastly, did you get a Grand room or just a fantasy room? and what was the nightly cost in yen?

Thank you for your time.
I booked the vacation package that mainly involves attractions as I don't see my sister and I doing many sit down meals. It's 3 days, 2 nights November 20-22.

It was 3 PM JST or 2 am EST. According to my post from earlier this morning, I was already being put into 1 hour+ queue at 1:40 am EST.

My room type is the Chateau Bay Area Side Superior Alcove Room. That was the cheapest one I saw when I loaded in so I chose that one. My confirmation email doesn't say how much it was per night but total cost of the package is $2299.33 in USD and I paid with a card that has 0 foreign transaction fees.

Okay, back to sleep now xD

I was able to pick up my vacation package the night before at MiraCosta! Guy at check in desk didn’t seem to really know what I wanted but I gave him my passport and he gave me my folder so it worked :rotfl: I’m not sure how early they prepare the folder so evening is probably safer to check and less busy) than check in time. Of course if you are staying at the same hotel before your package I would just ask at check in.

Edit: the sacrifice of picking up your package at 9:30PM is all the food at Ikspiari is closed before 10 (they cut off lines early, just like the parks) :hyper:

Last edited:

Thank you for your time.
You can book up to 5 nights at a time, but the first night booking starts 4 months out to the date.

Okay, I know this was discussed many pages ago but I'm going to ask again. Has anyone been successful with linking another person to your app so that they can see the Vacation package info? I've been trying to add my sister to my account without any success. I would even okay with making a profile for her on my app but I can't figure that out either.

The app explains a way to do it but it seems like from their wording you can't make a group unless you have park tickets?

I've been having trouble sleeping lately (FUN) so when I got hit with the queue-it I tried to be kind to myself and get whatever shut eye I could. And I got enough sleep that I missed my time and had to re-enter 😅

BUT...snagged a Porto Paradiso Side Superior Room Piazza View for our first-ever visit starting 11/21 AND got a duo studio for marathon weekend over the phone, all before my 10 am! not efficient at work this morning but definitely got all my disney to-do's taken care of!

Wowzers you guys are making me so jelous. I woke up last night at 2AM (1AM tokyo time) and had 3 computers running with multiple tabs and coudlnt find anything.

I will try again at 11am tokyo time but still no luck.

This was in the sea of humanity that was the electrical parade. Just wandering around after the parade I got 60 download.
Thanks @Disneyhanna . This is super helpful!

Wowzers you guys are making me so jelous. I woke up last night at 2AM (1AM tokyo time) and had 3 computers running with multiple tabs and coudlnt find anything.

I will try again at 11am tokyo time but still no luck.

Thanks @Disneyhanna . This is super helpful!
It was a bit slow but usable waiting for DL happy entry. As soon as I scanned in I checked again as I was walking and got over 100mbps download and 6 upload

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest