Fantasmic Thread!

Just as a data point for people, I checked in around 9:05am eastern this morning to see what was available and all of the packages for the first show were sold out. Lots of options for the second show though, so if you prefer that show you shouldn't have a problem getting a time that works.

We had the RdZ package for the 10:30 show on Saturday. We did fireworks viewing at Galaxy’s Edge, hustled and jumped in BTMRR LL right after and made our way to the package entrance. I think we were in our section by around 10:10-10:15? The section was about half full but it wasn’t tightly packed. We were about 3 groups of people back from the railing and had room to sit comfortably.

I’ve never seen it at Disneyland before and loved it!!

ETA - we generally liked the dinner- I had the carne asada, DH did the shrimp tacos, and DS12 who is in his picky era opted for the carne asada without kimchi and with only rice as his sides. They were super flexible. When we checked in the CM also said that for kids they’d be willing to sub the regular RdZ kids meal. We all liked the cake. TBH I really liked how relatively chill RdZ is compared to say, Jolly Holiday or San Fransokyo 😂

Got up and at least when I checked at 6 AM, they had times for the package at every location for Fantasmic and they were easy to get for 90 days out

We had the RdZ package for the 10:30 show on Saturday. We did fireworks viewing at Galaxy’s Edge, hustled and jumped in BTMRR LL right after and made our way to the package entrance. I think we were in our section by around 10:10-10:15? The section was about half full but it wasn’t tightly packed. We were about 3 groups of people back from the railing and had room to sit comfortably.

I’ve never seen it at Disneyland before and loved it!!

ETA - we generally liked the dinner- I had the carne asada, DH did the shrimp tacos, and DS12 who is in his picky era opted for the carne asada without kimchi and with only rice as his sides. They were super flexible. When we checked in the CM also said that for kids they’d be willing to sub the regular RdZ kids meal. We all liked the cake. TBH I really liked how relatively chill RdZ is compared to say, Jolly Holiday or San Fransokyo
Just wondering would it be possible to choose from the regular menu? Ive done it at Hungry Bear. Has anyone tried subbing for the regular menu entrees at RDZ?

Just wondering would it be possible to choose from the regular menu? Ive done it at Hungry Bear. Has anyone tried subbing for the regular menu entrees at RDZ?
No, but I know they are willing to accommodate you in every way possible, at least for me. I simply couldn’t eat anything on their menu and they were practically begging me to take something. I told them no,I just wanted my voucher. They did end up giving me a bottle of water, most expensive one I’ve ever had :rotfl2:

So, I would just go early and ask them what your options are, explaining your food issues.

Is the burnt end pasta normally spicy at riverbelle terrace? We had the premium dining and I got the pasta and the burnt ends had way more of a kick than I expected. I don’t mind spicy at all, but I was grateful my son who can’t handle spicy wasn’t with us. I know he would have picked the pasta. My husband got the platter and his brisket and burnt ends also had a kick to it! We both enjoyed, but are curious if that is the norm?

Is the burnt end pasta normally spicy at riverbelle terrace? We had the premium dining and I got the pasta and the burnt ends had way more of a kick than I expected. I don’t mind spicy at all, but I was grateful my son who can’t handle spicy wasn’t with us. I know he would have picked the pasta. My husband got the platter and his brisket and burnt ends also had a kick to it! We both enjoyed, but are curious if that is the norm?
I had both back in February and neither were spicy. Maybe they are using a different brand of BBQ sauce.

In early July we were not allowed to substitute at RDZ. Maybe we got unlucky?

In terms of the show, I want to highlight how amazing I believe the Peter Pan sequence is. I always adored it more than the Pirates scene and now even more so. I have a 5 year old who happens to be very into Peter Pan and he was astonished! Pure Disneyland magic!

Did I just watch a YouTube video on this package from you ? . I managed to book the premium package today for Oct 4 and I'm not sure about it. I had no plans on booking it as I heard how hard it was to get but logged on just before 11pm here is Sydney Australia and it was showing so grab it . The YouTube video I watched was very helpful .looks like it all depends on what row you get

Did I just watch a YouTube video on this package from you ? . I managed to book the premium package today for Oct 4 and I'm not sure about it. I had no plans on booking it as I heard how hard it was to get but logged on just before 11pm here is Sydney Australia and it was showing so grab it . The YouTube video I watched was very helpful .looks like it all depends on what row you get
Haha. Yes. If we mention the meat was a bit spicy to warn others, that was our video. ☺️Congratulations on getting a reservation!!! When I booked they were gone in less than a minute. We had a hard time deciding whether to go or not and waited to the last minute to either go for it or cancel. It’s pricey! So happy you found the video helpful!

Haha. Yes. If we mention the meat was a bit spicy to warn others, that was our video. ☺️Congratulations on getting a reservation!!! When I booked they were gone in less than a minute. We had a hard time deciding whether to go or not and waited to the last minute to either go for it or cancel. It’s pricey! So happy you found the video helpful!
Just watched the video. Was there nothing in the middle of the platter? Just empty plate?

After booking it I tried googling for photos to see what tables were like and if umbrellas were still up and what the view was like but found nothing decent to see. Then went to YouTube and your video was the first video and covered everything I wanted to know. Great video and thanks for showing everything

Just watched the video. Was there nothing in the middle of the platter? Just empty plate?
Yes. Nothing in the middle, it was empty. Is something supposed to be there?
After booking it I tried googling for photos to see what tables were like and if umbrellas were still up and what the view was like but found nothing decent to see. Then went to YouTube and your video was the first video and covered everything I wanted to know. Great video and thanks for showing everything
Thank you! We could not find any videos except one really short fb video before our trip. We tied to be as detailed as possible since this package is expensive. We tried to think of all the info we would have wanted to know beforehand. ☺️

In early July we were not allowed to substitute at RDZ. Maybe we got unlucky?

In terms of the show, I want to highlight how amazing I believe the Peter Pan sequence is. I always adored it more than the Pirates scene and now even more so. I have a 5 year old who happens to be very into Peter Pan and he was astonished! Pure Disneyland magic!
That is so weird! We did the RDZ dining package on July 3rd and myself and my sons got a double order of rice and no black beans.

We loved the Peter Pan part! Definitely our favorite part of the whole show.

Yes. Nothing in the middle, it was empty. Is something supposed to be there?
I don't know, but it looked odd to me - like someone didn't make an effort when plating it.

We had the platter and burnt ends pasta in February for Celebrate Soulfully (prior to Fantasmic). Maybe our plate was smaller because it looks like the same amount of food as you had. This is what the platter looked like in February.
1722914695983.png

And the pasta looked similar to yours (complete with random crunchy things).

1722914856190.png

I thought the video was really good. It showed the pros and cons, especially the obstructed views.

I don't know, but it looked odd to me - like someone didn't make an effort when plating it.

We had the platter and burnt ends pasta in February for Celebrate Soulfully (prior to Fantasmic). Maybe our plate was smaller because it looks like the same amount of food as you had. This is what the platter looked like in February.
View attachment 883457

And the pasta looked similar to yours (complete with random crunchy things).

View attachment 883461

I thought the video was really good. It showed the pros and cons, especially the obstructed views.
I would love to know what the crunchy things are! Lol. The plate was pretty large. I would say maybe his chicken portion was slightly smaller than what you got in Feb., but not by much.

Thank you so much!! The video took us quite a bit of time to plan out and then film/edit. All the credit goes to my husband. ☺️ we are just happy others are finding the video useful/helpful.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest