Fantasia Gardens mini golf? Worth it and when to go?

Yeah... that's the rub trying to plan for the most 'value' and maximize your time/$$'s, vs what others WANT to do. I've planned our last few trips trying to get everything done that I think will make the most of our time... yet my son wants to do other things like ping-pong at Sports, arcades, or float on the lazy river at water parks vs going on the slides. Things that can be done at home for a lot less... but, those are things that bring him the most enjoyment.
So, going to be more casual this year... have done most everything want to at the parks in past, and will not push for things he isn't that interested in. But this only works because we have done the other things.

Yeah, I was surprised at their choice, but sometimes simple is better. :-) We ended up feeling like we had a good balance over our vacation between busy days and relaxing/hang out days. Both are an important part of vacation!

My family enjoys playing mini-golf at Fantasia or Winter Summerland during our "in between park" hours. It's a nice way to break up the day from non-stop park hopping. Granted it's usually just one day during our trip, but it's still something we look forward to. Unless we decide to play the fairway course, and then it usually results in frustration :badpc:

Is it lost time that could be spent in a park? Sure. However, if you've been to the parks enough times then it's something to do while you recharge. If you're a first time visitor, or have only been a couple of times I could see that leaving the parks would diminish the return of the trip.

It's very much in the same vein as a pool day or lounging around the hotel.

We did the Fantasia one a couple of years ago. If you don't have anything else to do, it's a good place to go to. It was very hot when we went there, but we finished the whole thing. My daughter who was only 4 or 5 at that time enjoyed it. My husband and I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't too hot. Make sure you bring your water with you! At the end, we received a Mickey golf ball!

This year, we're planning to do it again since we would only be going to 2 parks; so I want to include this in our itinerary. This time, we'll go to Winter Summerland.

Enjoy!

We love to mini golf at WDW!!! Yes, we go at home a lot too but it’s a family favorite at Disney :) In fact we just took our first ever Disney Cruise and on the day we got off the ship we headed to Winter Summerland mini golf. We like Fantasia Gardens too but find the themes at Winter Summerland cuter and more fun. If you’re concerned about transportation it’s adjacent to Blizzard Beach so that bus will get you there. Also the vouchers do say before 4:00, but we have gone several times in the evening and have never been turned away.

Four trips and we have never used any of those vouchers for anything and goes back to when they had other vouchers in the packet. For our vacation at least I don't really want to spend that much time. But I have to be honest before coming to Disney we stop off for a couple of days in Daytona Beach and my daughter insists on 18 holes at a place called Congo River in Daytona.

We are considering doing this too on our October trip. About how long does it take to do the Fantasia course? 3 Adults and a 4 yr old...

For three adults and a four year old I would allow at least two hours or so. If you guess about 10mins spent per hole due to waiting turns, etc... you could easily do 1.5 hours easily with just your group. If it's a busy day you could wait 15-20mins just to start, and then you have to wait for the groups ahead of you if you're faster then they are for each hole.

With your size group you may find that smaller groups can pass you if you're generous to let them. Either way I wouldn't let that discourage you if it's in your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter