Fall Direct Incentives

Mine also just called me and said no problem.

Question now is do I split it in 2 100 point contracts and pay an extra $250?

Just wondering what’s your reasoning?

Small contracts don’t go far, and having more at one resort will be easier.

Unless you know for sure that you have a specific time you want home resort advantage at VGF, I think having more at one makes sense.

For Riv, 100% worth splitting into two 100 point contracts. I think there would be a bigger pool of potential resale buyers for a relatively small 100 pointer that can only be used there versus a bigger 200 point contract.

Definitely worth the extra $250. But if you don't yet have your blue card then I'd suggest considering 150+50 so you can always protect your blue card status (150 pts) even if you want to sell off some of the points (the 50 part, in this case).

If you've already got dvc-Y, then yeah I'd just do 2x 100 for ease of resale later.

Definitely worth the extra $250. But if you don't yet have your blue card then I'd suggest considering 150+50 so you can always protect your blue card status (150 pts) even if you want to sell off some of the points (the 50 part, in this case).

If you've already got dvc-Y, then yeah I'd just do 2x 100 for ease of resale later.
Good point

Good point
Agreed, very good point!

If it were me (which obviously it isn’t, but…), I would do 50+50+100.
Could be the best of both worlds for sure!!

I have Y, all my contracts have been resale so this would get me blue card.
If it were me (which obviously it isn’t, but…), I would do 50+50+100.
I like this the best but they want $250 for every split. So maybe the 125 and 75 split would be the best compromise.

Also, I was surprised the guide called me so late after we spoke hours earlier in the day. He mentioned it was a crazy sales day and inferred Poly was a smashing success.

Do you qualify for membership extras yet? If not, then if you split into two 100 point contracts, you will have to keep both or you lose benefits unless you add on more direct later.

The minimum for those is 150 so honestly, I’d do 150 and 50.

Do you qualify for membership extras yet? If not, then if you split into two 100 point contracts, you will have to keep both or you lose benefits unless you add on more direct later.

Yep, 100% this if you don’t have your blue card yet.

I like this the best but they want $250 for every split. So maybe the 125 and 75 split would be the best compromise.
The extra second split is an additional $1.25/point over the whole 200 point contract. If you need to sell, you will more than make that up.

No, but I have an annual pass…so I didn’t even realize I got anything extra for having 150.

The minimum of holding onto 150 is interesting….

I wonder now what to do. I just hate spending the extra $250 if it’s something I may or may not sell in the future.

Also, I was surprised the guide called me so late after we spoke hours earlier in the day. He mentioned it was a crazy sales day and inferred Poly was a smashing success.
I hope it was a smashing success. More money to build some cool DVC buildings as part of Disneyland Forward….

No, but I have an annual pass…so I didn’t even realize I got anything extra for having 150.

The minimum of holding onto 150 is interesting….

I wonder now what to do. I just hate spending the extra $250 if it’s something I may or may not sell in the future.

The membership extras for DVC are access to the Sorcerer Pass…which is less expensive than the Incredi Pass.

If you don’t travel at Thanksgiving or Xmas, this is a nice savings.

You also can visit the lounges and be eligible to attend special events like Moonlight Magic. There are also discounts on some things as DVC that you may not get as an AP holder.

No one should buy for those, but it can be extra!! And, if you decided not to have an AP, you still have the discounts!!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest