Fall 08 CP Box!

CelticBelle

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=brown>I th
Hey! On the fall/fall advantage thread we discussed a box. The box gets sent around to everyone who is participating and in it is a journal and various things that everyone adds in. In the journal we describe ourselves and put in pictures to get to know each other!

This box is for people doing the Fall program. Anyone who is interested should post and pm me their address.

If anyone has ideas or rules that we should use (only keep the box for 3 days, etc.) let us know.

:cool1:

Hey! On the fall/fall advantage thread we discussed a box. The box gets sent around to everyone who is participating and in it is a journal and various things that everyone adds in. In the journal we describe ourselves and put in pictures to get to know each other!

This box is for people doing the Fall program. Anyone who is interested should post and pm me their address.

If anyone has ideas or rules that we should use (only keep the box for 3 days, etc.) let us know.

:cool1:

YES! i have a box for fall advantage 08 floating around as we speak! :) a box has been started for fall advantage 08! but not for fall 08 i have the rules if you would like me to send them to you? :)

you can go ahead and post the rules that you guys are using and maybe some ideas. If theyre posted on here, then everyone can look at it and know what they are and where to find them. Thanks!

This box that I am starting is for fall. There is already a box going around for fall advantage because its starting so soon.

So if your doing fall then you should do this one!

this is the box idea from sweater in june. It was on the faq thread, but i thought i would post it here for people to understand better.

I don't know if this is something that interests you, but 7 of us from Spring '03 did something called "The Box". It wasn't an original idea among us, as someone else had done it prior...anyhow. One person starts it and compiles a list of addresses of the participants. He/she also buys a journal or some sort of blank book--hardbound is a plus, but nothing too big or bulky...dollar stores are great for this. Each person will take 1-2 pages and put some photos of themselves, a brief bio and description of where you live (picture!), and a favorites list about Disney related things, etc. (Ride, Park, character, food, color,...). We filled the box with a few Disney related gifts, DVDs, CDs, books,etc. Ours, by the end included:
-pencils, pens, erasers, stationery, princess bubbles, candy(NO CHOCOLATE! It melts!--use good judgement).
-DVDs: MMC, DL Sing-A-Long, Modern Marvels, Travel Channel Specials, etc.
-Books: Imagineering field guides, Mousecatraz, park maps, etc.
-CDs: Soundtracks, park music
-Gifts: Socks, Disney bubbles, stickers, any other gifts for your new friends!

Be sure to tag certain gifts for each member, if it matters what they take. We also included a postcard or letter...to be opened first which explains what we included, why, and what each person could take, if it wasn't tagged. Some were obvious, if there's a pack of untagged pencils, you get one. Multiple erasers? Take one, etc.

Finally, after filling the box, and the first few should not fill it all the way, he/she sends it out to the person below them on the address list (in a flat-rate box available at your local post office--this way everyone pays the same amount, regardless of weight). DO not forget to include the address list and rules sheet when you pack the box (and have a copy of the address you're sending to outside). The rules list includes many of the guidlines here...I can send a run-down of our if you're interested.

We had one major rule: everyone gets 2 days with the box and it MUST be sent off!

This way everyone has a chance to get it at least twice, to put their offerings in, and recieve gifts/materials from those below them. Again, keep the group small. Whoever has the box last, closest to leaving brings it down with them.

i think that the last person that brings it should be someone who is driving so that someone that is flying, or coming from really far away doesn't have to try and bring it.

Is anyone else interested? We have plenty of time before our Cp but we can start compiling a list of people and start our box so it can get around several times.

We need more people especially on the board. Not everyone knows about this board...I've spread the word but they don't seem to care. :confused3

I know there are more people doing the fall program and have expressed interest in the past.

good luck im sure ull find people. the fall advantage box is goign around now. you have plenty of time 2 extra from fa. lol. ill tell you know, its so excited the day you get it, and exciting bu tsad when you have to send it out again. lol.

Hi!

I'll do it!! However, I don't trust the mail system here so maybe I should wait until summer break to join in. I live in a secure building down at school and the delivery people can't get in.. so they just don't deliver packages!---it's sweet :mad:

I think that would work if thats what you want to do. When do you get out for summer? I know everyplace is different.

If I get accepted( Fall Careerstart) I'd love to join this box thingy, whatever you want to call it!! I won't know anything til later tonight after my interview wish me luck!!!:wizard:

I have a notebook we can use. Its one of those composition notebooks. and ive started looking for some stuff to put into the box. I think right now we have 4 people: Carlos, sam, piglet, and snow princess. (sorry i didnt know your names:confused3)

Since we have so much time I think we can wait for a few more people and then start it.

Does anyone have any other cool ideas for the box? I thin k it would be fun if we each decorated the front of the notebook too. Like you can add stickers or whatever on the front to personalize it before you send it on.

Here are some of the rules that were discussed on other threads:
1. The person with the box can only keep it for blank number of day before having to send it off again. (4-5 may be good)
2. No chocolate or anything that may melt.
3. The last person to have to box brings it to wdw with them.

Anyone have any other rules?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter