Every ride in a day -- OFFICIAL VIDEO

jimmyml

Earning My Ears
Hey all, as some of you may remember close to a month ago, my brother, fiancee and I rode every ride at the wdw parks (all 47 of them) in a single operating day. For those interested, here is our official video showing how we did it. We'll hopefully have the write-up of the day and one explaining all the planning that went in in the next couple weeks.

Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em_-aKoG90o&feature=youtu.be

Brill loved it, well done for accomplishing this. a lot of fun but I bet you were tired when the adrenaline buzz wore off. Thanks for posting the link.

Amazing!!! Very impressive. I cracked up at the Barnstormer part - "we are way too old for this" :rotfl:

I bet you slept like a baby that night!

Thanks, all! Glad you liked it! We were pretty tired at the end of the day, but mostly because of being under-fed throughout the day. It's hard to get food into your system while on the run for that long. Our legs were sore, but not as much as we were expecting -- the training helped out!

So awesome!! Very very cool! Congratulations! I hope yall had some powerbars or snacks somewhere in that mix!

OK, I'm stumped. How the heck did you do this with the limitations of Fastpasses and crowd levels??

Great Job! I am pretty sure I saw you at the MK that morning. That was our checkout day. We stayed at BLT and I went to the MK early to get some Christmas gifts while my wife and kids got ready. You guys ran in ahead of me. Then I left and came back with the family a little later and you guys were running out. I knew you were on some kind of mission.

OK, I'm stumped. How the heck did you do this with the limitations of Fastpasses and crowd levels??

We were actually able to do it using only one Fastpass (for Soarin')! The key is to do as many rides you can at the right times of the day, either first thing (like we did for Midway Mania, Rock 'N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Astro Orbiter, and Big Thunder) or near park closing (Test Track, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, 7 Dwarfs, etc). We had FPs for Spaceship Earth and Nemo (the logic of the latter being that it could cut out a bunch of switchbacks), but never used them since there was no wait for either.

The rough part of our day was that mid-day no-mans-land when the parks are busy and there's not much you can do (Kilimanjaro Safari, Star Tours, etc). If you pick the right times to do things, only take essential breaks, and speed things up as much as possible (run between rides, etc), it's doable. As a matter of fact, if we didn't have to add a park hop just to do the Liberty Belle Riverboat, we probably would've had a lot more time to spare.

We had a total of 6 park hops (7 different legs of our trip) -- we had to do that to make sure we were at the biggest rides at the most optimal times.

Great Job! I am pretty sure I saw you at the MK that morning. That was our checkout day. We stayed at BLT and I went to the MK early to get some Christmas gifts while my wife and kids got ready. You guys ran in ahead of me. Then I left and came back with the family a little later and you guys were running out. I knew you were on some kind of mission.

Wow, that's great! Thanks for sharing! You just made our day!!

A couple people chatted with us a bit after seeing our shirts (we had a logo of every ride on the back) but I didn't realize anyone else had any clue why we were running around like crazy people. (Funny story, one older couple behind us on the WDW Railroad got into a debate with each other about whether they had done it before. The wife INSISTED that she's done it before -- "12 rides per park, that doesn't sound too bad" -- while her husband tried unsuccessfully to talk some sense into her. But they were a nice couple, so we didn't say too much about how wrong she was :-)

If we decide to do this again once the Frozen ride is put in, feel free to say hi! We likely wouldn't be able to stop to chat, but it's nice to know there are people who are following along and know what we're doing :-)

So awesome!! Very very cool! Congratulations! I hope yall had some powerbars or snacks somewhere in that mix!

We had some pocket-sized food, bought some along the way, and had some food in the car during some of our park hops. We definitely would have a lot more to eat if we could do it all over again (which we may do when Frozen comes in, hint hint ;-)

You guys are not Disney commandos, you are Disney beasts!! :worship: Great job, loved it!

There's more to this than just timing. You trained, I get that, and you picked a day with long park hours.... did you have a designated driver ready to pick you up at the park drop off areas? Amazing!

Congratulations on a great run. I was following you that day. There was more than once I thought you were going to miss something especially at EPCOT.

Pretty cool. Were any rides closed? Any plans to incorporate the water parks?

My hubby asked what I was watching......took him a minute for it to fully register. His response....Don't get any ideas! :rotfl2: I was exhausted just watching and thinking about it.

This is so good! Well done! And kudos to you for including Ellen's Nap/Energy Adventure, that's A LOT of time wasted/used :rotfl:

Very impressive :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter