ECV on Boat?

msr709

DISfan forever
How well does this work? I'm planning on renting an ECV from an outside place and will not have a car. So I will be totally dependent on Disney transportation. While I have used the buses before how well does it go with the boats? I'd love to go either the Poly or WL by boat or even from EPCOT to MGM (or vice-versa). Any tips or experiences you would care to share would be appreciated. TIA :moped:

The 'Friendship' boats that run across Epcot's World Showcase lake, and those that run Epcot to MGM by way of Beach/Yacht Club, Boardwalk & Swan/Dolphin are 100% accessible.

The big ferry TTC to Magic Kingdom is 100% accessible.

The paddle steamer inside Magic Kingdom is 100% accessible

The boats going between Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge & Fort Wilderness sometimes are and sometimes aren't accessible, depending on water levels.

The boats between Magic Kingdom, Polynesian & Grand Floridian aren't because you have to step down into them.

The boats Downtown Disney to Port Orleans and between Marketplace and Westside are accessible.

I am not certain about the boats Downtown to Old Key West. They were not accessible in September 2001, but that might have changed by now.

Andrew

Thank you Andrew, this is just what I needed to know. Have a Disney day! :cool1: :earboy2:

Andrew Bichard said:
I am not certain about the boats Downtown to Old Key West. They were not accessible in September 2001, but that might have changed by now.

Andrew
They have recently started using new boats at OKW and (although we didn't use them on our recent trip), we saw them and they appeared to be 100% accessible. They are the same type of boats as are used between DD and Port Orleans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter