Early Entry Speculation

If the hotels are still selling out there is no incentive for DLR to open early. EMH/MM was a perk to entice people to stay at the hotels.
Agreed. But the demand will not be very high forever. I do not think the DLR hotels are selling out right now. There was a spring promo sale.
As the pandemic wanes, people will expect perks and honestly there is no reason not to bring EMH back except to save money.

Agreed. But the demand will not be very high forever. I do not think the DLR hotels are selling out right now. There was a spring promo sale.
As the pandemic wanes, people will expect perks and honestly there is no reason not to bring EMH back except to save money.
Yep, but if I were Disney I would just give them first dibs on LL and ILLs for staying at a resort hotel. This way they don't have to pay the staffing for the extra hour.

Yep, but if I were Disney I would just give them first dibs on LL and ILLs for staying at a resort hotel. This way they don't have to pay the staffing for the extra hour.
That would be good. But I really think people will expect EHM. Even if it was only 4 days of EMH a week at Disneyland. Open restaurants and shops during that time generate more money. It seems the corporate suits are focused on Disney World's 50th and Disneyland is an afterthought in the planning. Honestly, the costs of the DLR are so high as compared to other hotels in the area I think Disney will have to do more to keep their hotels filled. The demand will be high for 2022 but after that it will fall. People will get their Disneyland fix and can vacation elsewhere.

$490 a night for the Disneyland Hotel? No EMH? No daily housekeeping? People yes pay for that. But what are getting for your money? Besides the location and the theming decor?

That would be good. But I really think people will expect EHM. Even if it was only 4 days of EMH a week at Disneyland. Open restaurants and shops during that time generate more money. It seems the corporate suits are focused on Disney World's 50th and Disneyland is an afterthought in the planning. Honestly, the costs of the DLR are so high as compared to other hotels in the area I think Disney will have to do more to keep their hotels filled. The demand will be high for 2022 but after that it will fall. People will get their Disneyland fix and can vacation elsewhere.

$490 a night for the Disneyland Hotel? No EMH? No daily housekeeping? People yes pay for that. But what are getting for your money? Besides the location and the theming decor?

I hope they bring something back, but I knew the rules when I booked our upcoming trip.

We just got back from a trip with a stay at DLH and the hotel was booked. It was very hard to try and even get two nights for 3 people.
Prices of other hotels have always been less expensive than DLH or other onsite hotels. We stay there for the pool, the location, the bubble feeling, the theming, and EMH. I said I would not stay on site until they brought it back but we ended up still doing it. We stayed off-site for 2 nights and even without the EMH I would have preferred to stay on-site the whole trip.

Everyone vacations differently. It seems the demand has just been increasing in the last years probably thanks to social media.

We just got back from a trip with a stay at DLH and the hotel was booked. It was very hard to try and even get two nights for 3 people.
Prices of other hotels have always been less expensive than DLH or other onsite hotels. We stay there for the pool, the location, the bubble feeling, the theming, and EMH. I said I would not stay on site until they brought it back but we ended up still doing it. We stayed off-site for 2 nights and even without the EMH I would have preferred to stay on-site the whole trip.

Everyone vacations differently. It seems the demand has just been increasing in the last years probably thanks to social media.
Thanks.
I would expect it to be packed during a February Winter break. When were you there? Did you get a promo deal?
I understand I love the Disneyland bubble. But for me I live on the East Coast…I want the perks. I have gone to Europe and stayed at 5 star hotels that are less than Disneyland.
I am closer to Florida yes but I prefer Disneyland.
You are right about social media.
The demand is high because the pandemic is easing. Once that demand ceases it will change and Disney will have to adjust.

Gosh, I’m pretty happy EMH isn’t back. Those 7 am MMs were killer. Haul your family out of bed by 5:30 am so you can get ready and get to the gates by 6:15…. Ugh. I like that it’s an equal playing field for me, since I usually stay across Harbor, saving anywhere from $150-$600 a night for my hotel. I’d rather start at 8 am at the earliest, anyway.

Gosh, I’m pretty happy EMH isn’t back. Those 7 am MMs were killer. Haul your family out of bed by 5:30 am so you can get ready and get to the gates by 6:15…. Ugh. I like that it’s an equal playing field for me, since I usually stay across Harbor, saving anywhere from $150-$600 a night for my hotel. I’d rather start at 8 am at the earliest, anyway.

But you always had the option of getting there at regular rope drop time?

Thanks.
I would expect it to be packed during a February Winter break. When were you there? Did you get a promo deal?
I understand I love the Disneyland bubble. But for me I live on the East Coast…I want the perks. I have gone to Europe and stayed at 5 star hotels that are less than Disneyland.
I am closer to Florida yes but I prefer Disneyland.
You are right about social media.
The demand is high because the pandemic is easing. Once that demand ceases it will change and Disney will have to adjust.
Yes, we went during the beginning of Feb break. I don't remember if there was a promo deal as I was just booking whatever was available one night at a time. I did try looking at dates in April and June as we will be back and room availability isn't great. I will say we have gone during Halloween events and many many times during Christmas week, before and after and this mid winter break was something else.

Yes, we went during the beginning of Feb break. I don't remember if there was a promo deal as I was just booking whatever was available one night at a time. I did try looking at dates in April and June as we will be back and room availability isn't great. I will say we have gone during Halloween events and many many times during Christmas week, before and after and this mid winter break was something else.
Thanks. It has been reported that February break was high in attendance and at the DLR hotels. I do think corporate suits like not providing EMH for the savings. Eventually demand will lessen as people vacation elsewhere and go overseas. I think perks will have to come back when demand is low and people complain. I think people are just happy to travel now!

But you always had the option of getting there at regular rope drop time?
Of course, one always has the option of not taking advantage of EMH. You can do the “opposite park” strategy and rope drop at whichever park wasn’t doing EMH. You could just sleep in and show up late. Once you experience the low crowds, it always seemed foolish not to take advantage of it. Especially if you had the “one MM with a 3-day hopper” ticket without having to stay onsite; you had one shot during your trip to really get a ton of “must-do’s” done with minimal wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter