Early Entry Speculation

Poppins2010

Mouseketeer
I know no one knows, of course, but I am wondering what you think the possibility is of early entry returning by September? My plan was to stay at GCH, but without the early entry perk, I'm not sure I can justify the cost. I think I would opt for Candy Cane if we couldn't get in early. That first hour was my favorite part of the day!

I know no one knows, of course, but I am wondering what you think the possibility is of early entry returning by September? My plan was to stay at GCH, but without the early entry perk, I'm not sure I can justify the cost. I think I would opt for Candy Cane if we couldn't get in early. That first hour was my favorite part of the day!
We're in the same boat for August. We may switch to a good neighbor hotel if magic mornings don't come back. Hard to justify paying 2x more without that perk.

Just an FYI, Candy Cane Inn is still closed. I saw an update earlier this week and it looks like it will be closed for longer than they had anticipated. The last report I saw was that they hoped to open in October.

Just an FYI, Candy Cane Inn is still closed. I saw an update earlier this week and it looks like it will be closed for longer than they had anticipated. The last report I saw was that they hoped to open in October.
Shoot. I was hoping they would be open by then. I like to support small business. I'm getting used to disappointment trying to figure out this family trip after 3 cancellations... like many of you, I know. :surfweb:

I was going to post this but I'll answer it in this thread. I called the Walt Disney Travel Company this week regarding the hotels.

I asked about the Extra Magic Hour/early entry. The agent was very nice and told me she heard that Extra Magic Hour/early entry could be back after Labor Day when all the hotels are back open fully. The agent also said the 3 Day Park Hopper Tickets with Magic Morning would not be coming back.

The agent told me the rationale is to make the Extra Magic Hour available to Disneyland Resort Hotels.

The agent said capacity at the Parks is very important to the Resort moving forward.

Just thought I would pass the info along.

PS I will not stay onsite until Extra Magic Hour/Early Entry is available and the full services including daily housekeeping returns.

Last edited:
Also Disney World just announced Early Entry for Resort Hotels and partner hotels beginning Oct 1. Disney World Deluxe Resort Hotel guests are also eligible for Extra Magic Hours at night.

So Disneyland has to follow this soon!

The agent also said she doubted the 3 Day Park Hopper Tickets with Magic Morning would not be coming back.

Wait, she said they would NOT be coming back, or they would? The rest of your post kind of sounds like she said she did NOT think the 3 day parkhoppers with MM would come back (the only hope for us offsite stayers!)

Any info is so helpful. Thanks, everyone, for sharing! Although we're not heading to the parks until November, it is almost time for us to make our theme park reservations, and that decision will definitely be influenced by whether there are early entry hours. I wonder if the assigned days will stay the same if/when early entry returns. Personally, I wish there were more magic mornings/early entry at Disneyland rather than DCA!

Wait, she said they would NOT be coming back, or they would? The rest of your post kind of sounds like she said she did NOT think the 3 day parkhoppers with MM would come back (the only hope for us offsite stayers!)

Because of the double negative (doubted they would not be coming back), I read it to mean that they would be coming back.

The agent said she did not see the 3Day parkhoppers with MM coming back. The agent said that was because of attendance limits and Disney wanting to promote the Resort hotels. But remember anything is possible.

Thanks for the info. Its really helpful. I hope they will announce their intentions soon.... it seems like I have been thinking that for many, many months now!

I called the Grand Californian this morning to ask a few questions about our upcoming stay. Magic Morning availability was one of them.

While the cast member I asked was very nice, they wouldn't offer any information beyond that the "benefit is currently on hold and there is no firm date on when it will return." Bummer, I was hoping they would validate the post-Labor Day timing mentioned above.

Thank you for trying. It so happened that I got the agent that has booked several of my vacations through the Walt Disney Travel Company. I suspect Extra Magic Hours will return to the Disneyland Resort Hotel guests soon. If it starts on Oct. 1 for WDW resort hotels, Disneyland will start it soon.

Oh my goodness, my fingers, toes and eyes are all crossed for Extra Magic Hours to start on October 1st for DLH guests! We're staying onsite and EMH are a HUGE part of justifying the cost for us as well. If anyone has any new info, I'd be so happy to hear!!

I am so excited, and so very privileged, to be able to splurge on a once-in-a-lifetime stay at GCH for our upcoming November trip. We're budget travellers, happily, but this is a make-up for SO many milestones missed this past 16 months (60th birthday, 20th anniversary ++) SO - to my question. What did the MM park days USED to be? We've been before (off-site) and benefitted from MM but I can't remember which days/which parks. Our Reservations open up tomorrow and I'd like to choose wisely as we're only there for 3 mornings (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). So - what say you - best guesses - IF MM is reinstated for hotel guests, which days will be Disney and which Californian Adventure? Thanks in advance for your experienced opinions!

I believe Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday were Disneyland and the rest were CA Adventure. If they do add them back, I assume we would have to have a reservation to start in the corresponding park that day. If so, there will soon be a lot of people switching park reservations I am sure, based on the MM/EMH schedule- as who knows how the may switch it up.

I just emailed CCI this morning, and they responded that they are starting to make bookings as of Nov. 1st, but still tentative because they don't officially have a reopening date yet. I'm bummed because I wanted to book there for September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter