DVCNews September 2024 sales information

The prefix number(s) of master contracts match the order that the DVC resort debuted. OKW was the first DVC resort but Disney did not use a prefix for OKW's master contracts, so any time you see a contract number of five digits or less to the left of the decimal point it's an OKW master contract. The lowest OKW contract number I have seen is 5.000.

Vero Beach was the second DVC resort so its master contracts start with 2. Hilton Head Island was third, so it starts with 3. Then its BWV (4), BRV (5), BCV (6), and SSR (7). AKV is unique in that it has two prefix numbers: If the deed is based on a Residential Unit located at Jambo House then the master contract will start with 8; if the deed is based on a Unit located at Kidani Village then the lead number will be 9.

BLT master contracts start with 10, VGC is 11, Aulani is 12, and VGF is 13 for both the original building and for the Big Pine Key building. PVB is 14, CCV is 15, Riviera is 16, VDH is 17, and CFW is 18.

CFW also uses a 12-digit Vacation Ownership Interest number. All CFW VOIs have a lead '1', suggesting that a future Trust property may be assigned a lead '2.'

The three digits to the right of the master contract number represent the additions to the master account. The original deed will show '.000' If the owner adds on additional deeds to that account they are numbered .001, .002, etc. The highest number I have seen is .039.

I'm somewhat surprised @Sandisw has a master contract that starts with 4 but only has VGF and Riviera deeds. Normally, such a situation occurs when a BWV deed was originally purchased, followed by a VGF deed and a Riviera deed being added to the account, and then the BWV deed was sold. However, over the years I have seen Disney make errors on deeds so Disney using the wrong resort contract number would not shock me.

I should have been clearer….my Dec UY membership was created when I bought a BWV contract, which has now been sold, but that is why my numbers don’t match.

I should have been clearer….my Dec UY membership was created when I bought a BWV contract, which has now been sold, but that is why my numbers don’t match.
I was guessing that at one time you owned a BWV deed and that it had been the first deed in that particular account. Once a DVC member's account has been established, the original master contract number is used for all subsequent add-on deeds. Since your first deed for that particular account was for BWV it was correct that your master contract would start with '4'. If the first deed was numbered 4012345.000 then the first add-on deed would be numbered 4012345.001 and the second add-on deed would be numbered 4012345.002. Those deed numbers will stay with the deeds as long as they remain in the original membership account. Even though the first BWV deed may be subsequently sold, all other deeds added to that particular account will always start with '4.'

The prefix number(s) of master contracts match the order that the DVC resort debuted. OKW was the first DVC resort but Disney did not use a prefix for OKW's master contracts, so any time you see a contract number of five digits or less to the left of the decimal point it's an OKW master contract. The lowest OKW contract number I have seen is 5.000.

Vero Beach was the second DVC resort so its master contracts start with 2. Hilton Head Island was third, so it starts with 3. Then its BWV (4), BRV (5), BCV (6), and SSR (7). AKV is unique in that it has two prefix numbers: If the deed is based on a Residential Unit located at Jambo House then the master contract will start with 8; if the deed is based on a Unit located at Kidani Village then the lead number will be 9.

BLT master contracts start with 10, VGC is 11, Aulani is 12, and VGF is 13 for both the original building and for the Big Pine Key building. PVB is 14, CCV is 15, Riviera is 16, VDH is 17, and CFW is 18.

CFW also uses a 12-digit Vacation Ownership Interest number. All CFW VOIs have a lead '1', suggesting that a future Trust property may be assigned a lead '2.'

The three digits to the right of the master contract number represent the additions to the master account. The original deed will show '.000' If the owner adds on additional deeds to that account they are numbered .001, .002, etc. The highest number I have seen is .039.

I'm somewhat surprised @Sandisw has a master contract that starts with 4 but only has VGF and Riviera deeds. Normally, such a situation occurs when a BWV deed was originally purchased, followed by a VGF deed and a Riviera deed being added to the account, and then the BWV deed was sold. However, over the years I have seen Disney make errors on deeds so Disney using the wrong resort contract number would not shock me.
Thank you Wil.

Interesting about the different resorts sometimes given a mistake by Disney.
I knew the data was a bit irrelevant because someone could have sold their original resort (or possibly started but never closed on a resort), then purchased elsewhere.

Thank you Wil.

Interesting about the different resorts sometimes given a mistake by Disney.
I knew the data was a bit irrelevant because someone could have sold their original resort (or possibly started but never closed on a resort), then purchased elsewhere.

And here is another tidbit, in case you did not realize…when you add contracts to a membership they add the .001, .002, etc.

When you sell, those don’t get renumbered, and new ones have the next in line.

For example, in my Dec UY, which has seen a lot contracts come and go, my RIV ends in .004 and VGF .006, because I had an SSR that was .005 when I bought VGF.

Fun tidbit of information just off the contract # (which I only gathered data for a few days but not all).
There are a few deeds where the buyer(s) were assigned new PVB contract numbers.

Do I understand correctly that this only happen
  • Existing buyer adds on a new UY.
One of these is me. Existing PVB resale contract but wanted a different use year - so my new points got a new contract number since I have no existing contracts in that UY.

And here is another tidbit, in case you did not realize…when you add contracts to a membership they add the .001, .002, etc.

When you sell, those don’t get renumbered, and new ones have the next in line.

For example, in my Dec UY, which has seen a lot contracts come and go, my RIV ends in .004 and VGF .006, because I had an SSR that was .005 when I bought VGF.
Something similar occurs with master contract numbers as well. When Disney prepares the paperwork for a first time buyer to purchase a DVC deed, it will assign a unique master contract number to that deed. However, if the buyer changes their mind and doesn't consummate the deal, that unique master contract number is not saved and reused for the next buyer. That is one reason there are gaps in the master contract numbers .

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest