DVC site down?

Now the site isn't playing well with me when using Firefox (even in private mode). I can login and search around just fine but if I try to check availability it just loops to needing to sign in again. On my cell it's working just fine though.

Now the site isn't playing well with me when using Firefox (even in private mode). I can login and search around just fine but if I try to check availability it just loops to needing to sign in again. On my cell it's working just fine though.

It's had problems with Firefox in the past too. I gave up on it a couple of years ago and usually use Chrome or sometimes Edge.

site has been down for me for the last few hours. You get into the system and then it kicks you out back to the login screen.

site has been down for me for the last few hours. You get into the system and then it kicks you out back to the login screen.

I've been in it a couple of times during the past couple of hours including currently. I did get booted out during finalizing a reservation but when I tried again it worked ok.

It's had problems with Firefox in the past too. I gave up on it a couple of years ago and usually use Chrome or sometimes Edge.
Within the hour after I posted it started to work again. The only issue that I've had with Firefox was with an ad blocker addon and once I turned it off for the DVC site it's worked just fine. It always seems strange how people have different experiences using the same browsers.

I've been in it a couple of times during the past couple of hours including currently. I did get booted out during finalizing a reservation but when I tried again it worked ok.
It's odd, I can access on my iphone under safari, but not on edge or chrome on my desktop right now

The dwarves appeared for me in the overnight at the very end after hitting Book This Room. I tried several time to no avail. I got one night added but the other nights were gone.
* Update: my waitlist had matched so maybe that’s why?

Last edited:
All the companies I've worked with in the past 15 years have had specific day and down time in the middle of the night for performing updates, backups and other maintenance.

This site is having far more issues lately than I've experienced on any site before. If my bank were down this often I'd be changing banks.

All the companies I've worked with in the past 15 years have had specific day and down time in the middle of the night for performing updates, backups and other maintenance.

This site is having far more issues lately than I've experienced on any site before. If my bank were down this often I'd be changing banks.

It used to go down every night at 11PM pacific - 2am eastern. It's been pretty inconsistent on when it goes down for at least the past couple of weeks. A couple of nights ago it was 10:18 pm eastern and of course the outage the following afternoon. But hey - we can now see 4 UY's worth of points!

It used to go down every night at 11PM pacific - 2am eastern. It's been pretty inconsistent on when it goes down for at least the past couple of weeks. A couple of nights ago it was 10:18 pm eastern and of course the outage the following afternoon. But hey - we can now see 4 UY's worth of points!
That is a welcome upgrade. They've made more changes in the recent past with seeing borrowed points too. Moving in the right direction, it's just the website needs to be UP for us to use these features 🤣

That is a welcome upgrade. They've made more changes in the recent past with seeing borrowed points too. Moving in the right direction, it's just the website needs to be UP for us to use these features 🤣

I'd have preferred to see the banked status added to the Dashboard first instead of additional years points. We are unable to use them as far out as they have them and we know they are there so for myself it is more time spent on something that isn't quite as helpful as say making the platform more stable. As you say, it needs to be up to use them!

Probably - this tends to occur about every 3 days.
Supprised that you believe there is a "Site" :). WDW can not operate on the net :). They have no real IT staff.

I'm getting an error when I try to book with borrowed points. It tells me all is ok and then I get the dwarves. If I book without borrowed points, it works fine. Maybe I should call? I don't think I've used my borrowed points limit.

I'm getting an error when I try to book with borrowed points. It tells me all is ok and then I get the dwarves. If I book without borrowed points, it works fine. Maybe I should call? I don't think I've used my borrowed points limit.

There's been quite a few reports like that for several weeks now. If you call they can help. And some CM's have been stating it's for resale buyers but it's been direct as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter