DVC Rental Store?

gypsy_at_heart

DIS Veteran
It’s my first time submitting a rental request to DVC rental store and I was wondering if anyone knew approximately how much time it usually takes for them to get a reservation? I’m not used to not instantly having a booking so it makes me a little nervous 😬 I’m trying for an end of September booking for a week

The store needs a DVC member who will accept the reservation to make it. It has many members at any given time ready to rent and the time needed could be fairly short. However, you have two factors working against you right now: (1) you are trying to book at 7-months out; members can reserve the resorts they own beginning 11-months out from date of arrival, and then resorts they do not own at 7-months out, and thus a number of rooms can fill just via members booking their home resort before 7-months out and many left can fill very quickly right at 7-months out; and (2) that can be especially true when one is trying to get a room during DVC's high demand time of the year that runs from last week of Sep to marathon weekend in Jan.

If you are seeking a room at Saratoga Springs or Old Key West (other than a Grand Villa), your chances are likely very good for getting a quick reservation. For anywhere else, other than 1BRs at a number of the resorts and 2BRs at a few, or the uber-expensive cabins at Cooper Creek and bungalows at Polynesian, the rooms have already been filled for at least some of the days of the last week of Sep, and thus someone needs to give up days, via cancellation or modification of a reservation, for your room to become open, which may or may not happen, and even it does happen it is something that might happen quickly or could take a long time.

Last edited:
@drusba pretty much sums it up. What resort/room type are you looking for? If AKL value studio, it’s basically impossible, other studios, too. It’s definitely harder at 7 months to get what you want. You might want to look into confirmed reservations or have a backup plan.

It really all depends on what you want…and thank you for not sharing that or specific dates as we don’t allow that.

You are already into the 7 month window which means that any owner can book most of the resorts.

But, Sept is a popular month so it may be that availability is low.

They actually got back to me today, which was great! Thank you all for your info - I really appreciate it. We weren't looking for a value or studio, so I think that may have helped.

Now I just have a few more days to book (after my family leaves and I'll still be in Orlando) but I might try to book that through the boards here.

Thanks again for your help!

I’m trying to get a reservation through them right now as well and they seem to be quite slow. Basically 24 hours between messages so it took 2 days from my request to it being released to owners to book. First time renting through them and not impressed.

I'm the worst to ask. I've had so many issues with them that I'd never use them. Huge proponent of David's or direct on the boards. Just silly minor crap that they risk a customer over. Reservations that didn't exist, would not change my name after cancelation, balked at refunding pre-planning after they couldn't secure reservation....board sponsor or no...never again.

I just checked the point owner side of the website. It seems like they have a lot of unfulfilled Polynesian, Riviera, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Cal requests at the moment. So any of those may take a bit. Other resorts, you'll probably hear back in a few days.

I'm the worst to ask. I've had so many issues with them that I'd never use them. Huge proponent of David's or direct on the boards. Just silly minor crap that they risk a customer over. Reservations that didn't exist, would not change my name after cancelation, balked at refunding pre-planning after they couldn't secure reservation....board sponsor or no...never again.
It does feel like they're getting too big for their own good. They recently lowered payouts to owners while increasing the price for customers. David's offered me an extra $4 per point.

It does feel like they're getting too big for their own good. They recently lowered payouts to owners while increasing the price for customers. David's offered me an extra $4 per point.
My beef as it has been not major things, but they died on the hill for minor issues. Even when I said I was prolific on the boards, it was screw you.

I just checked the point owner side of the website. It seems like they have a lot of unfulfilled Polynesian, Riviera, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Cal requests at the moment. So any of those may take a bit. Other resorts, you'll probably hear back in a few days.
If you have an account with them, and you log in, you should be able to click on CLAIM OPEN LISTINGS. That shows you the reservations that people have requested. It looks like they have 280 requests at the moment.

I was trying to book SSR which should be relatively easy. My initial contact with them was on Wednesday last week and it is still waiting for a member to claim it.

The entire process took 24 hours with David’s last time I rented. I think I’m bailing and going that route instead.

I just used them to rent out some banked points that we will not be using this year and will expire (1st time ever!! lol). I had put in my information, the number of points we had to rent, home resort, etc. I never heard anything back from them. Like - "we have someone looking to rent XX points, you have XY points would you be willing to secure the reservation even though it's 4 points less than what you have offered up". So, I almost wonder unless Owners offer up the "exact" number of points someone is looking for a specific reservation, they don't notify you. I ended up "claiming" one of their reservations for 4 points less than what I was trying to rent out.

It’s my first time submitting a rental request to DVC rental store and I was wondering if anyone knew approximately how much time it usually takes for them to get a reservation? I’m not used to not instantly having a booking so it makes me a little nervous 😬 I’m trying for an end of September booking for a week
I tried initially for AKL but wound up doing OKW which seems to always have available rooms.

I've used them a few times in the last few years, was a pleasant experience with no issues. I do prefer David's from experience since they seem to be just a little more responsive and cheaper; however, dvc rental store are great too and have a cancellation policy, not the best but much better than nothing.

I was trying to book SSR which should be relatively easy. My initial contact with them was on Wednesday last week and it is still waiting for a member to claim it.

The entire process took 24 hours with David’s last time I rented. I think I’m bailing and going that route instead.
Update: Contacted David's at 8pm last night. Reservation confirmation in my inbox at 4:42pm today. Had more correspondence with them today before noon than my entire transaction with DVC Rental Store.

Unfortunately I had to book a preferred SSR room now because I lost nearly a week of availability waiting on DVC Rental Store. Tried to save $100 and ended up costing myself an extra $300. Live and learn I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter