DVC Mashup: Kidani Village VS Jambo House

DVC Mashup: Kidani Village VS Jambo House

• Kidani Village

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Jambo House

Votes: 26 46.4%

• Total voters
As previous posters have mentioned, it really depends on the purpose of the trip and who I'm traveling with. If we have a car, Kidani for sure. LOVE the underground parking below the villa. Makes it easy to bring luggage & groceries up/down. And gets the car out of the hot FL sun. For all adults in a 2bdr, I prefer Kidani, as the third bathroom is really convenient and the extra space is super appreciated. I also am a huge fan of Sanaa.

That being said, Jambo is obviously majestic and the lobby incredible. The Mara is super convenient too. Been fortunate to stay concierge 2x. Once as a regular hotel guest pre-DVC (stayed in two queen bed guestroom on the 5th floor) and then again when DVC entered the bldg (6th floor). Both experiences were exemplary. Would love to do that again when things return to "normal."

Am I missing something? What’s the fascination with club level? I’ve listened to a ton of podcasts recently and it’s constantly mentioned.

For AKV it’s essentially just free picky food and drink throughout the day isn’t it?

Am I missing something? What’s the fascination with club level? I’ve listened to a ton of podcasts recently and it’s constantly mentioned.

For AKV it’s essentially just free picky food and drink throughout the day isn’t it?
I think if you like a drink or 2..... it makes since, also if you have a large family the food options could replace a meal or 2 and save you money.

Ah ok, bit pointless for a family probably on the meal plan
Yes, it would be, but make sure that the meal plan really "saves" you money. We are a family of 5, and now that my daughter is 10 and no longer considered a Disney Kid and we have to buy her an Adult Plan, the meal plan really doesn't make any sense for us. Especially with the recent changes Disney has made to the Meal Plan pertaining to Quick Service Meals (you use to be able to get an Adult QS meal with a Kids credit).

Yes, it would be, but make sure that the meal plan really "saves" you money. We are a family of 5, and now that my daughter is 10 and no longer considered a Disney Kid and we have to buy her an Adult Plan, the meal plan really doesn't make any sense for us. Especially with the recent changes Disney has made to the Meal Plan pertaining to Quick Service Meals (you use to be able to get an Adult QS meal with a Kids credit).

yeah I’ve lost that battle already. I’d pay OOP if I could but my husband has put his foot down that we do the meal plan if it comes back. He wants it prepaid for convince before the trip

yeah I’ve lost that battle already. I’d pay OOP if I could but my husband has put his foot down that we do the meal plan if it comes back. He wants it prepaid for convince before the trip
I will miss all the snacks that you get with the plan, if you search around you can almost make a complete meal out of them. But you have to do a lot of research on what is considered a snack at all the parks, one of the best is the frozen coffee drinks at the Starbucks in the parks.

Currently it's not worth it IMO, but previously you could pay to book 3 additional FP+ at 90 days at any park with club level. This was a really nice perk, especially at busy times.

As previous posters mentioned:

• Free food & drink (inc alcohol)
  • Concierge Cast Members who help you with all ressies (this is super helpful if you're traveling during a busy time and trying to score the really hard dining reservations). Also, CMs helped me with superb last min La Nouba tix many many years ago
  • FP+ features as someone already
  • Gift in room (great if you're celebrating something like an anniv. or bday). Not sure if they still do the gifts in room, but we have a few keepsakes from past concierge stays
  • Concierge-only offerings like special tours on the resort's savannas, Jiko chef tastings/cookings/chats, etc.
Obviously the full concierge offerings aren't being offered right now. (And the concept of eating buffet-style food is not feasible right now!!!) But when "things return to (relatively) normal," might be something to consider and make your next trip EXTRA special. Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter