DVC August 2024 Sales Numbers

3400 CFW points.

That’s less than $1M.

I agree that they did this to try to remove the renovation cost from their books but that only works (legally and fiscally) if they can sell the points.
It’s abysmal!

It’s not like they don’t WANT to sell them… I noticed that over half of the most recent Disney files edition was dedicated to promoting the cabins. So they are clearly trying to push them but simply can’t with those ridiculous MFs.

I find it very hard to believe they are comfortable with the current rates of sales.

It’s abysmal!

It’s not like they don’t WANT to sell them… I noticed that over half of the most recent Disney files edition was dedicated to promoting the cabins. So they are clearly trying to push them but simply can’t with those ridiculous MFs.

I find it very hard to believe they are comfortable with the current rates of sales.
They don't seem to be staffing CFW to aid in sales either. I saw reports of people trying to buy CFW and basically being ignored. If I had been ignored I wouldn't buy DVC ever, would leave me with a horrible taste in my mouth. Obviously this isn't the whole problem, but it doesn't help either. When I was at Aulani there were a ton of guides all over the place and all of them were super nice and helpful.

It’s abysmal!

Most recent? Its been prominently featured in like the last 3 issues. They have promoted the heck out of it to current owners through Disney Files, still not moving the needle.

I think sales would be a lot better if dues were not so high, in the end they maybe priced the rooms a little too low since more points to spread the dues around, of course the total would still have been around the same per year since you'd need more points, but psychologically could have helped since that $12+ per point dues is a shocker compared to most other WDW resorts in the $8s

It’s abysmal!

I found the DVC booth at the D23 Expo very curious. Half of it was devoted to Island Tower, half devoted to Disneyland Hotel, with the only reference to CFW being a single sticker on a DVC sticker sheet giveaway that they were handing out once you chatted with them. The guides couldn't even discuss Island Tower beyond "don't the renderings look nice?" Riviera's only promotion was via the "magical door" that they also have at the Disney Springs sales office.

It was odd to see the newest DVC property have zero attention paid to it at at the biggest Disney convention in the world. The CFW marketing strategy does make my head scratch.

It still amazes me people are buying BLT direct points at $275

I think there was an incentive on BLT that brought it down to lower $200s after MB.

But what is more amazing to me is that people are buying Vero Beach direct at $150 with resale prices in the $40s... That's ~$14 in current dues and an extra ~$9 per year when amortizing $150 over the 17 remaining years.

For September so far (includes what is available on 9/12 at 2:44pm Florida time), CFW has 19 deeds for 2695 points.
Barring any surprises, seems it's on pace to exceed August sales.

It wouldn't surprise me if October-December see an increase in sales for CFW because we're coming up on Halloween-Christmas decorations.

All of the above!
I've been in VDH. And some of the views are just terrible. There's the Downtown Disney Parking Lot. And there's some apartment buildings. And over there is a local neighborhood where some of the houses are not in the best shape. This is one of the few places where it's 100% worth the up charge to simply look at the pool.

Side question: does anyone know what the six (I think it's six) studio-like units are at the back of the pool? Are the private cabanas, but indoors? Are the studios? Are they rental space for meetings?

Vero direct is nuts! Whether you apply inflation, TVM, opportunity cost or whatever… that’s over $25pp cost average of using those points over 17 years. VB is missing most of the arguments in favor of direct compared to WDW resorts. So what - you can trade in to RIV or CFW with your $27 points 😂 Would you even want to? Want to use your lounge or moonlight magic perks? You’re going to pay out the ear compared to most other DVC owners trading into a WDW resort.

I guess maybe if you own other points, yet don’t have blue card, and want to stay at Vero most of the time with those points and for some the harder bookings? Maybe it makes sense if you just happen to want the cheapest way to direct while needing VB access, but that only works when owning other resorts that help make getting a blue card meaningful. Trying to figure out if there’s any case to be made in buying VB direct today.

Vero direct is nuts! Whether you apply inflation, TVM, opportunity cost or whatever… that’s over $25pp cost average of using those points over 17 years. VB is missing most of the arguments in favor of direct compared to WDW resorts. So what - you can trade in to RIV or CFW with your $27 points 😂 Would you even want to? Want to use your lounge or moonlight magic perks? You’re going to pay out the ear compared to most other DVC owners trading into a WDW resort.

I guess maybe if you own other points, yet don’t have blue card, and want to stay at Vero most of the time with those points and for some the harder bookings? Maybe it makes sense if you just happen to want the cheapest way to direct while needing VB access, but that only works when owning other resorts that help make getting a blue card meaningful. Trying to figure out if there’s any case to be made in buying VB direct today.
It does seem like kind of a head-scratcher, doesn't it? But hey, I'm sure there are some boards out there in cyberland filled with people unmercifully poking fun at us for buying DVC at all. I mean, who in their right mind would buy a Disney timeshare, right? :rolleyes1

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest